Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Proves your word means little. Buyers beware.

No crow to be eaten here. As mentioned good for you.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

J
Jpterry Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by battue
Proves your word means little. Buyers beware.

No crow to be eaten here. As mentioned good for you.

You're the one that shown zero integrity or being man enough to admit you were wrong...Not me. Obvious to any that reads this thread. So glad it's documented for everyone to see your true level to do and say whatever except man up.

Look forward to adding just as much value to your future posts/threads as you did in this one.

Was pissed and irritated at you, now it's just plain sad...

Last edited by Jpterry; 09/25/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You are so weak in your comebacks in addition to being confused, along with again thinking you speak for all others.

Next you play the cuunt with threats to add your value to any future threads from me. You would do well on The View.

Now I’ll show you how it’s done. I’ll leave you alone with your rag.

Bye now.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Jpterry Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Finally... See you soon buddy

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
And this is why we always say put it on gb and see how much you get out of it. Like i said in an earlier post, weve all seen some weird schidt go on over there.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's funny how everyone says, "If you want to know what a gun is worth, stick it on GB for a penny start and no reserve! It's worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it!". Seriously, how many damn times have we all heard that anyway?

Then the dude does it and all the bashers tell him how it ain't worth what it sold for.

Am I missing something here?

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm gonna duck down in the trenches with my bowl of popcorn and let the bombs fly over on this one. Five pages of insult hurling is going for a campfire record already.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I'm gonna duck down in the trenches with my bowl of popcorn and let the bombs fly over on this one. Five pages of insult hurling is going for a campfire record already.

I am still trying to work out the issue.

The man asked for opinion on price, listed it as suggested, and realised US $1680.00 at auction.

Good for him.

24hourcampfire...toes trodden upon, arses reamed, opinions bandied.

Dollars win.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Dollars win.

Yep, and those that called BS on him eat crow.

LOL
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You know, sometimes it's not what a item is worth, but how bad someone else wants the item and how much they are willing to pay.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by lynntelk
You know, sometimes it's not what a item is worth, but how bad someone else wants the item and how much they are willing to pay.

Yes, that seems to apply every time I bid on ebay.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And if you sell a fifteen thousand dollar rifle for seven thousand at auction then the rifle was worth seven thousand dollars, right up 'til you get more for it. If you can

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many seem to be missing the point the seller may not have disclosed all the rifles faults in the auction listing......
By his own admission.... after being called out on it.

Last edited by irfubar; 09/26/19.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar
Many seem to be missing the point the seller may not have disclosed all the rifles faults in the auction listing......

To that most guys would say "buyer beware".

But I hear what you're saying.

LOL
J
Jpterry Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J

That's complete BS and you know it. I hid nothing in my listing and I posted as many pics as GB allows from every angle. My first sentence in my auction listing provides my personal email with offer to answer any questions or send additional pics. It was a 14day auction, plenty of time for any and all to ask questions or ask for more pics.

The above statement is another BS attempt to try and save face vs manning up and admitting you were WRONG about the value of the rifle and you just can't own up to it. Bringing my credibility into question is a personal attack and completely uncalled for.

Last edited by Jpterry; 09/26/19.
J
Jpterry Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J

This comment insinuating I admitted to not disclosing is absolute slander...I never admitted to that and was clear I included pics of the scratch on the left side receiver that a select few of you seem to focused on why it didn't sell for less, which is ridiculous.

Here's the pic I posted on GB in my listing of the left side of receiver showing the scratch. It is insane I'm needing to defend my reputation with the amount of deals I've done on this forum and GB.

Here's the pic that was in my GB listing.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Jpterry; 09/26/19.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well past time to tell the nay sayers good night and turn out the light.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by gunswizard

I think we've managed much more than five pages in the past, haven't we? Perhaps not on "Winchester Collector's", but we've had to have done much better on the "Hunter's Campfire."
That said, any more space in the trench and any extra popcorn? cool

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Stick a fork in it. It's a "shooter" grade model 70. Nothing wrong with it. I actually like shooters. I still wouldn't have given over $700.00 for it if I had ran across it at any local gun shop here... No need for the op to get his panties in a wad over that. Again, if you ask "what's this worth", be prepared for the guys in the know to pick it apart and give you real world appraisal. If it sells higher on gb (like some things do), that is a bonus if it was described honestly/correctly and people know the true condition of the rifle. I also have nothing against gunbroker or the sellers there. I actually recently contacted one seller and told him his "1954" rifle he had listed had a '59-'63 stock on it and a partial serial number in his listing would clear things up a little. He contacted me thanking me for the information. He ended the listing and re-listed it with the correct info and partial serial number. That rifle was actually manufactured in 1960 and the seller did the right thing by re-listing it. This rifle in the op was not a collector grade by any means, but someone wanted it. Hopefully they will be happy with it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Jpterry Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Stick a fork in it. It's a "shooter" grade model 70. Nothing wrong with it. I actually like shooters. I still wouldn't have given over $700.00 for it if I had ran across it at any local gun shop here... No need for the op to get his panties in a wad over that. Again, if you ask "what's this worth", be prepared for the guys in the know to pick it apart and give you real world appraisal. If it sells higher on gb (like some things do), that is a bonus if it was described honestly/correctly and people know the true condition of the rifle. I also have nothing against gunbroker or the sellers there. I actually recently contacted one seller and told him his "1954" rifle he had listed had a '59-'63 stock on it and a partial serial number in his listing would clear things up a little. He contacted me thanking me for the information. He ended the listing and re-listed it with the correct info and partial serial number. That rifle was actually manufactured in 1960 and the seller did the right thing by re-listing it. This rifle in the op was not a collector grade by any means, but someone wanted it. Hopefully they will be happy with it..

What you will give for it has nothing to do with the true value of a rifle, which is obvious. Would love to see where any 1937 M70 in same condition as that one sold anywhere near $700 online. Please post a link.

I didn't get my "panties in a wad" over what the so called experts in this thread were saying what it was worth. Pretty clear they're not experts and my bad for thinking there was more knowledge in this forum on current Pre M70 values.

What I did and still take issue with are the insinuations and claims I misrepresented or did not show pics of conditions. Which are outright lies. Maybe you take jabs or claims against your integrity and honestly lightly...I don't.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1234, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 49 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,088
Posts18,463,966
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.