Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Norton is blocking my access to the Campfire saying it is dangerous. have to override the warning every time I change a page. Anyone else having the problem?

Last edited by reba54915; 08/19/19.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Norton’s right.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
something logs me out of this site every time i go to another webpage.

even after i have punched the "keep me logged in" button numerous times,

cleared all the webpage cookies, cleared the browser cookies too. update software.

i think someone out there somewhere is discouraging my use of this webpage. it's dangerous?

amongst the cia, mossad and the british & ruskie professionals, no tellin' who else is tracking this page?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ed Norton?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Flat out Dump Norton, it’s a royal pain in the ass. For years all I have used is the free Microsoft AV + Malwarebytes Premium works great. Here’s how to bypass Norton for certain web sites.

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.HOWTO54143.html

You can allow access to Web sites or network locations using the whitelist. Whitelist entries are globally allowed. You do not have to configure a policy to activate whitelist entries. Access is allowed to a Web site or network on the whitelist despite any matching policies and the visit is not recorded for reports.

Warning:
When you add an address to the whitelist, network traffic to and network traffic from that address is not scanned for malware. If the address is a Web site domain, any URL that starts with that domain is excluded from malware scanning.

To allow Web site access using the whitelist
In the Web GUI, click Policies > Whitelist.

Click Add a Whitelist Entry.

You can also add whitelist entries from a text file. List one domain name or IP address per line in the file.

Type a domain name, IP address, or subnet specified in CIDR notation for the whitelist entry.

For a Web site, do not type a complete URL. Only type the domain name part of the URL.

Under Actions, check Whitelist.

Under Actions, check Ignore Authentication if you do not want Symantec Web Gateway to authenticate end users when they access the address.

This option is applicable if you have configured Active Directory integration with NTLM.

See About Active Directory integration.

See Sample proxy auto-configuration (PAC) file.

Optionally, under Comment type a comment.

This comment appears on the whitelist page.

Click Save.

Swifty
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by reba54915
Norton is blocking my access to the Campfire saying it is dangerous. have to override the warning every time I change a page. Anyone else having the problem?

Are you kidding... look at all the pop-up bs that's on here all the time. I'm sure it is dangerous.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
something logs me out of this site every time i go to another webpage.

even after i have punched the "keep me logged in" button numerous times,

cleared all the webpage cookies, cleared the browser cookies too. update software.

i think someone out there somewhere is discouraging my use of this webpage. it's dangerous?

amongst the cia, mossad and the british & ruskie professionals, no tellin' who else is tracking this page?

You check the Private browser function in Safari?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Norton's Safe Web message page doesn't make much sense. They are flagging the site for Phishing Attacks, and are noting this thread:

http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread...w/1/wts-asolo-gv-hunter-extreme-boots-12

I don't get it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you don't want to be spied on, stay off the internet completely and don't talk at all around your smart phone.

I get regular emails from Vanguard about investment advice, preparing for retirement, standard stuff. About two weeks ago I paid off the mortgage on my house and was discussing my retirement plans with a friend, where I mentioned that I might sell my house after retirement and move back to the small town where I first lived after moving to Idaho.

Not three days later I got an email from Vanguard about the pros and cons of moving after retirement. Now, I had not posted this anywhere on line nor had I mentioned this to anybody except my friend. I'd never received an email on this subject from Vanguard before. The only thing I can think of is my phone heard me talking about moving and retirement. There is no other explanation for it except coincidence and this is way too coincidental. The damn phone is listening all the time for me to say "Ok google" to start that up so it is listening to everything.

Also, never drive a new car, and if you drive an older car never drive through an intersection with a camera (which is most of them). The new car is tracking you via GPS and the cameras are running your image through facial recognition software to track your movements that way.

Sounds paranoid but as the saying goes, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

It's a brave new world...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Malwarebytes on my computer is blocking the fire right now.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Just fired up my laptop. Win 10, IE, windows defender and Malwarebytes Premium , ABP. The Campfire came right up, no warnings of expired certificates, malware NADA. don't use this thing on the fire much as my iPad is more than sufficient.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Microsoft Edge running AVG and it took 5 minutes to open this site.... not staying logged in either???

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, had the Malwarebytes free trial and uninstalled it for blocking stuff. It's trying to protect you from doing something stupid. If you're not going to do anything stupid all this nanny stuff is a real PITA. So free AVG and Adblocker Ultimate is all I want. Will install Malwarebytes free the next time I want to check for malware, that doesn't pester you. No way in hell I'd use Norton.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Windows 10
Brave browser
Norton VPN
PC Matic malware protection

No problems ever. And no pop-up ever

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
never had a problem.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm

It's warning me a lot.

The feds are watching us subversives patriots.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only on an apple device with VPN

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've gotten rid of Norton probably more than a decade ago.... Anything that comes with that crap is divested of it pronto...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn't have much luck with Norton when I was using Windows, or any the other brand of AV software, Windows defender worked best for me as far as Win10 goes. In the end, I couldn't tolerate Win10 with it's glitches and monumental updates that took hours to download and install so switched to Linux and haven't looked back since.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Ran Norton off a couple of years ago caused more problems than it fixed....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1moredeer, 1234, 1minute, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,103
Posts18,464,194
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.