Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It don't matter. I would prefer it to not be by fire. The way the dude in vanishing point did would be ok.

lightman
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd like it to be a surprise.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Flaming Arrow

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Offshore fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, dive in for a swim and a shark eats me..... it’d be quick, no paying for funeral expenses, and I’d make the news.

Originally Posted by beretzs

I used an 06 with 212 ELD this year. I kinda joked with my buddies it was sorta like a 6.5 Creed with some ballz...
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Wide awake and at peace with the world. It will obviously be the last thing I do, so I sure don't want to sleep through it. I have thought about this before and thought it would be nice to be quietly sitting on my porch one afternoon overlooking my fields and reflecting that I have had a good life and that my children and grandchildren have a good start in life. I think I would like to do this alone. Considering my current situation, it does not look like these circumstances are likely to happen. Maybe I can at least be at peace with the world.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
My Stepdad always said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his 100th birthday.

Me....anything quick. My worst nightmare is to waste away slowly.

I don't ever want to be a burden on anyone.

My Mom had dementia, bad. One day she got up, went over and kissed my Stepdad, told him she loved him then went into the bathroom.

She never came out. Heart attack. I'm convinced that she felt it coming and went in the bathroom so he wouldn't have to see it happen.

I like to believe that her last act was one of kindness.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Pay attention to Tyrion's lines from GoT. You'll hear it soon enough.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When I was 17,I was hunting in Vermont with a friend and I climbed up to the top of this mountain with my Marlin 336 in 30 30 my grandfather bought for me when I turned 15.on top of the mountain was a lone pine tree and under it was the complete,skeleton of a house cat.someone's pet had known it was time,climbed all the way up there and just curled up,overlooking the whole Valley, and gone to sleep. That's always stuck with me,and I would like to go like that,climb up to my favorite spot in New Hampshire over looking the Connecticut river with that same 30 30 and just look at the beautiful view and just drift off.that would be nice.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by saddlering
Anyway but NOT in a Dam Nursing Home! Hoping on a last Hunt, or draging a Deer out!

Spent enough time volunteering in some, but I won’t die in one. I won’t.

Already told my son and my woman that if I ever get so far gone that my only choice is to go into one of them, I’ll just take a drive north and go get lost in the woods. The bears can have me.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
In the street, in a pile of hot brass, with primary and secondary smoking and empty, knife in one hand, hawk in the other, and covered in the blood of my opponents piled around me. With an extra hole in my head.

Failing that, I’ll happily go like my great grandpa, sitting in my chair at 90 plus, looking at the mail, and lights out.

I get terminally ill, I hope I am strong enough when I find out to beat Fireball2 to that bear. Or some commies. Got nothing against the bear, but he is likely to put up a better fight. Decisions, decisions...

Brother.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Quickly , I hope.

I've seen way too many people linger in pain.

Mike

Hopefully without ever experiencing dementia. That would require some proactive activity.

Jim

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
it ain't possible, but if I had a choice to be granted, I want to go like Yoda went in Star Wars....

just lay back and just fade away.....

that looked the coolest to me.. and most painless...

and no funeral... no matter what I don't want to be buried in the ground...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How Do You Want To Die?

I want to be shot while crawling out some woman's bedroom window at the age of 95!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Assume it'll be a grizzly, getting even for all his relatives! Figure it'll be fair and quick, ......plus, the government will spend a fortune looking for me!

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know. I do know I would wish it quick because being dead isn't a real problem for me, half dead would suck.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If I have a choice? Protecting the Constitution.... If not - heart attack.. .

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Pretty simple question, and I'd imagine most of us have thought about it. So far I've come up with quick, painless, and broke the day after my passing. I'd prefer to avoid the gloom of prolonged sickness. I think passing in your sleep seems the most appealing.

What have you thought - too dark? too scary? Just don't want to think about it - all the alternatives suck?

Simple enough.

Of a heart attack at the age of ninety-two after learning that I have filled in the entire Australian ladies volleyball team.

Pretty sure that has covered all the angles.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Screw that schit, I'm living forever.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I want to come and go at the same time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You want to die in a convenience store?

[Linked Image]

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

426 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 46 invisible), 2,979 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,569
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.