Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
....and MY FRIEND is under hospice care at home surrounded by his family.

Please keep his family in your prayers. My friend is a God fearing, family loving, outdoorsman that is 57 years old and has battled cancer for 9 months. His 2 daughters recently blessed him with grandsons whom he’s doted on since they were born. They were the sons he never had. They moved to Bend Oregon from Kirkland a few years ago to be close to their family, he was living the dream. He and his wife skied in the winter, paddle boarded in the summer and hunted and fished in between. Our days of running 50-65 miles offshore for tuna turned evolved into him taking his grandsons trout fishing and sitting on the shoreline soaking worms. While our times together were always filled with laughter and our adventures together EPIC I know for a fact that nothing compared to the satisfaction he felt sitting on the shoreline with his grandsons.

While I cry for “my” loss I weep for his family, especially those little boys that were deprived of the experiences that were in store for them. His faithful wife and beautiful daughters are the pride of his well lived life and he will leave a void that’s too big to fill.

He was a staunch conservative and faithful man of God. He was extremely civically oriented and gave back to his community FAR more than he took. This past Easter he was hospitalized but he wasn’t going to miss Easter church service so his family and friends were packed into his hospital room celebrating our risen Christ. They sang hymns and took communion with a happiness of spirit that transformed a dreary hospital room into a “house of the Lord”. I hope to live a good life so that someday we’ll be reunited in the happy hunting grounds of eternity but until then there will be an emptiness when I’m afield or afloat. I will never fish again without remembering the epic adventures and his youthful enthusiasm nor will a successful elk hunt have that same sweetness that it once had. I’ll see his face in the colorful foliage of fall and his laughter will crash upon me with the roar of every swell that washes the beach.

He is a GOOD man that will NEVER be forgotten......he WILL BE MISSED!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Prayers for your friend - so sad to read such a thing it is just so unfair .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn, Aces. Sorry to hear you're losing a good friend, too.

Sucks.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear of your friend's situation. God, I hate cancer.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So sorry man.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice eulogy. Prayers for those who suffer loss.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers sent.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers for a painless passing for him, and healing and understanding & acceptance for you all and family. From the sounds of it we are all the lesser for his passing...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Lost a Good pard back in January, suddenly, heart attack on Sunday morning right in front of his son, daughter and wife.... We killed A LOT of bucks n bulls together, Montana Idaho and here together. I'll never forget a 7x8 bull he called into 15-20' to me with a hoochie momma.... I think about him everyday... Dunno if it gets better or not... Wish I coulda said bye to him..... Godspeed aces ....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a tough thing, Aces. Keep your chin up and live every day to the fullest. It's a sad thing, but we are bound to lose much as we move through life because we are given so much. All we get to carry away are memories. Don't let them slip away and don't stop makin em.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sorry to hear this, good friends are no different than family.

Prayers for him and his family and you as well.

Stand strong.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Requiem, by Robert Louis Stevenson

"Under the wide and starry sky,
Dig the grave and let me die.
Glad did I live and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will

This be the verse you grave for me:
Here lies where he longed to be;
Home is the sailor, home from sea,
And the hunter home from the hill."

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Prayers on the way.

The way life should be.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
When good men pass, we are all the lessor for it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best wishes at this tough time.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Will do.

I know how it is. I've certainly lost a lot of friends lately-- over the last couple of years.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for posting. Heartfelt prayers sent from MInnesota.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aces, I’m sorry for your loss. Keep in mind the good news. He had his fire insurance paid up. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The best of relationships are the hardest to lose. He's in God's hands no matter which side of life he's on but it hurts those of us left here the most. May the Good Lord comfort all who will miss him.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Prayers for your friend and his family! It is difficult to watch someone your close to, experience these types of tragic events! The main consolation is that......he’ll soon be in a much better place! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
202 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.