Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No, absolutely not.

I don't like the entire concept.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
wife and I both will be cremated. Ashes to be scattered. I have plots in the old family church cemetery up in the SW Virginia mountains. Each summer we have a memorial service for any and all that passed the previous year. That will be the extent of it. No funeral. Nothing local.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Probably......after my death! smile memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
No, absolutely not.

I don't like the entire concept.

Seeing both my parents laying in a coffin with tons of makeup on, not looking at all like they did in life, looking terrible actually,soured me on the whole thing.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nope

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Won't matter to me because i would not be able to see it.

Besides they are for those left behind.

I really hope there is a party.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
In t I argued that if we hadn't taken the time to go see him when he was alive, we shouldn't be in a damn hurry to have a party now that he was dead.

I

I have been commenting on this for years. I have seen people take off work and travel a thousand miles to attend a funeral of someone they knew, yet it would have never occured to them to pick up the phone and chat with the deceased while he was alive, or take a little road trip to go see him. Even with people who live in the same town as the deceased, how many times did they call the guy up and say "hey, let's go to coffee" . If you are going to have a celebration of life, why not do it while the subject can still enjoy it? Buy flowers for your loved ones and friends while they can still smell them.

Last edited by jnyork; 08/20/19.

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Funerals are for the living. Since I will no longer be among them, I won't have a vote. It is my hope that I will be able to get myself to a remote spot and cash in where my body can be recycled by the scavengers and the earth, naturally. GD

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I want a big sending off.......lol. Seriously, as many have said, funerals are the ones you leave behind. Whatever pleases them works for me.

Don't know how it is in other parts of the country, but here the Blacks love big funerals. Every old Black person I ever knew always had a burial policy, whereby they paid so much a month into a policy that would pay for their funeral, and they believe in being buried in style. If you've never seen a Black funeral, you're in for an experience. Typically, they will wait at least a week after dying until the funeral. The Black funeral homes here all have a fleet of limousines for the family to ride in, and I imagine they charge the chit out of the family. The people that attend the funerals will be all dressed up in the finest clothes they own, and some that they buy to wear to the funeral, and then return to J C Penney's for a refund.......and that story came from a former employee of Penny's.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No, I don't need a funeral. I don't get that many visitors now, why when I am gone.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I too have thought about the resurrection. Then I remembered Nero (who was gay and had a 12 year old boy castrated and married him), who had Christians burned at the stake. Not much left after that. God is all powerful and transcends time. He can resurrect you. No problems.

My father has that argument about cremation. It is in defiance of logic. Think about people burned like you say, people lost at sea and such. Also is the fact that in the biggest part of the world bodies don't mummify like they do in the arid middle easy, they rot to nothing. Then to say that God, the creator of the universe can't do something....., you get it.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hillestadj
The funeral really isn't for you, its for friends and family that are still around - closure. If they want to have one for me so be it.

This, entirely.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Funerals aren't really for you. They are for those you leave behind.

Well, we don't rent pigs, and it's better to say it right up front because a man who does like to rent pigs is — well, he's hard to stop.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
In t I argued that if we hadn't taken the time to go see him when he was alive, we shouldn't be in a damn hurry to have a party now that he was dead.

I

I have been commenting on this for years. I have seen people take off work and travel a thousand miles to attend a funeral of someone they knew, yet it would have never occured to them to pick up the phone and chat with the deceased while he was alive, or take a little road trip to go see him. Even with people who live in the same town as the deceased, how many times did they call the guy up and say "hey, let's go to coffee" . If you are going to have a celebration of life, why not do it while the subject can still enjoy it? Buy flowers for your loved ones and friends while they can still smell them.

^^^^
This

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No Funeral.Cremate me.I got it payed for $895.00.I will leave enough money for Pizza and beer.My Epitaph"Those that know me, know me well.Everybody else can go to hell!!!"Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm not sure about cremation, but on the surface it's seems better than rotting in a fancy box for the next 1000 years...in your best suit and tie.

Yikes.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
next to AOC , Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib . just play loud music every day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Ed
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Cremated, have a party, load up a bunch of 12 gauge shells put a little of my ashes in each one and take me trap shooting one last time!

You think you'd hit any?

Straight 25 baby!!

Not if I’m doing the shooting, you’ve seen me shoot before!

I'll help ya Brother!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If the coyotes want to bark a few nice words before they chow down on my corpse, so be it.

Buddy bought ground near F&W area.
Had a stroke while mowing, was not found for several days.

Another bud said the critters worked him over pretty good.
Was kinda upset about hearing that he was.

Told him it was just the circle man, all the critters he hunted and ate............now their turn.
He smiled.

Spirit is gone, it's just flesh. No big deal, as long as you aint the one that finds em like that.

Last edited by hookeye; 08/20/19.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My dad aint religious, but is all about his upcoming funeral.
To the point of ridiculousness, already paid........dropped a few K.
His two brothers are dead, buried in local cemetery...............and he has never visited them.
WTF?
Took my kids out, great aunt and uncle from other side buried nearby.
Dunno what connection they got out of it............but showing respect aint a bad thing for them to see.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
760 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 87 invisible), 2,975 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,075
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.