Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
When good men pass, we are all the lessor for it.

Not to argue, but I would point out that we are more because they lived. That's just my way of coping with mortality.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We pray for your friend. Too many people are taken by that awful disease.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Blessings for him and his family. Going home to the Lord is not really a bad thing but sometimes too soon in our understanding. I have a buddy lying in hospice at the Seattle VA hospital. Saddest thing is that he is unsaved....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Prayers for him, his family, and YOU, my friend.

You and I have discussed loss before and share the grief. I'm sorry that I never got to meet the man. He sounds like one to ride the river with.
Your eulogy here speaks volumes about his and your character

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
My goodness! I couldn’t sleep and I opened this thread....I’m overcome by the heartfelt words but everyone of those words have meant the world to me. I checked in but haven’t heard if he was called home yet. I hope he has been so that his family can begin to heal. They weren’t shy about letting each other know how much they loved one another and I’m sure there’s nothing left unsaid. I told him I loved him after each phone call and my other buddy (his lifetime best friend is at his side with his family) told me that he knew how much I truly loved him and that he loved me just as much so my copious tears are for those young grandsons that will never know their awesome grandpa.

I was talking and crying with our daughter last night about Bill, cancer and death. Our daughter is 13 but she’s wise beyond her years, she is an “old soul”. I explained that if we live a good life we come into friendships that change our lives for the better and that the longer we live the more loss we must endure. The best we can do to honor those that go before us is to live a happy and full life. To continue to seize life and live deliberately, always keeping the love and lessons that we’ve learned along the way with us in our hearts.

I’ve had such an outpouring of kindness from you all that I’m once again humbled by the sincerity of the great men here. It’s a special person that we choose to spend our time outdoors with and my friend Bill was a time tested friend. He knew the woods and the water and it was always a great time with him. Those old fishing and hunting partners are not easily replaced.

Ranger Green, I love that poem and it really hit home for me. It got the tears flowing again but was a nice thing to read this morning.

Ed, I think of you often as we have shared some of our personal tribulations as it regards losing loved ones. I thank you once again for your kindness and support. I hope that someday I’ll get a chance to thank you in person.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bummer. Blessed here at 72 with a ton of things left to do and so far perfect health. Still, if taken today, it's been a wonderful life. Sounds like your friend has a quite bundle of treasured experiences. The pain will subside, but the memories will live forever.

1Minute
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
1minute, You and Cookie are an inspiration and I hope you have many many more healthy years ahead and we all get blessed by more of her beautiful photos.

I got an update from my friend. Bill had another tough night but is resting comfortably now. Everyone thinks he’s struggling to let go and knowing what a real fighter he is I have no doubt that he’s fighting to stay with his family.

I can’t thank you all enough for the kind words, thoughts, PM’s and all around support that you all have offered. It truly humbles me.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Prayers sent for you,your friend and all his family. The last days are very tough on everyone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear, prayers for God's grace in this situation for all involved. Trusting in Jesus; you will see him again when the time is right.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

Author: Mary Frye

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
May the Lord Bless your Friend and his Family, in all the ways they need now and will need in the future. Amen

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I Hate these threads, But understand them, Iv posted here about losing a buddy too! Just rember the good times with your Friend! Ill say a prayer for All of you! Take Care Brother!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Once again I thank you all for your kind words and beautiful sentiments.

My friend is refusing to let go and continues to fight despite the “permission” to let go his family has given him. Their faith guides them and their strength of spirit is awe inspiring. Whenever someone has a weak moment and sheds any tears Bill holds his hand up signaling for them to quit crying. He didn’t want anyone to cry for him before and despite his chemically induced sedation, he still doesn’t want anyone to cry over him. We all want him to be free of his mortal chains and to quit fighting but because of his promise that he’d never quit fighting, he’s staying true to his word and as stubborn and as strong as ever. He’s not eaten since Thursday and is fading slowly.

My buddy and I will be available to his family for anything they might need in the immediate AND distant future and in the years to come for his grandsons. We don’t want to pretend to fill in or be a surrogate grandpa but we want to bring the boys to our elk camp or on some fishing trips so that we can share stories about what a wonderful man their grandpa is and how much he meant to us all.

Thanks again to everyone that has said a prayer or offered their kind thoughts for him and his family in this tough time.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
My friend departed for the Blue Water and the Happy Hunting grounds of eternity today at 11am surrounded by his loving family. His breathing has been shallow and labored for a couple days and we have expected him to pass for 2 days now but he’s a tough guy that was always a fighter and he fought a good fight until the bitter end.

This morning his daughter was sitting by his side listening to his labored breathing when she leaned over and whispered in his ear, “Dad, go find the blue water”......he took a breath and was gone.

Thank you all for the kind words, prayers, PM’s and all around kindness you’ve shown to someone you’ve never met. My friend was a great man and he’ll leave a big hole that will never be filled but those of us that have had the privilege of knowing him are better for it.

My buddy and I think that a bear hunt in a month or 2 is a great way to honor him and will give us a chance to tell stories and laugh about a life well lived.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 64 invisible), 2,895 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.