L
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
L

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice. I hope they talked about Red Flags and LaPierre got that nixed too.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Once again the NRA and specifically Wayne LaPierre get the job done. This is why we need to completely shut down the attacks on him by people that haven't done a damn thing to ensure our gun rights. The NRA is the only organization capable of doing what he just did.

Last edited by Llama_Bob; 08/20/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The red flag issue is one that has some really bad possibilities for the average law abiding gun owner. With divorce rate at around 50 percent and a good portion of those probably are not friendly, the possibility exists for abuses coming from an angry spouse. When a sheriff shows up at the door and says it has a court order to confiscate your guns there isn't much that can quickly rectify that action. Guilty until proven innocent and that puts the law abiding sportsman/ shooter in a very bad situation. I can't imagine missing a hunting season because a jealous ex wife dropped a false abuse complaint on a guy. Then taking it one step further for those of us that carry that red flag deprives us of our right to protect life and property. That simple red flag deprives a law abiding citizen of his constitutional right to own and use a gun for pleasure or protection.

living the good life every day
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nothing Wayne La Pierre has done entitles him to the lavish lifestyle at the expense of the NRA's membership.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think all the pressure for Wayne to resign has put the fear of God into him, and helped him see the light, and renewed his commitment for protecting the second amendment.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
The red flag issue is one that has some really bad possibilities for the average law abiding gun owner. With divorce rate at around 50 percent and a good portion of those probably are not friendly, the possibility exists for abuses coming from an angry spouse. When a sheriff shows up at the door and says it has a court order to confiscate your guns there isn't much that can quickly rectify that action. Guilty until proven innocent and that puts the law abiding sportsman/ shooter in a very bad situation. I can't imagine missing a hunting season because a jealous ex wife dropped a false abuse complaint on a guy. Then taking it one step further for those of us that carry that red flag deprives us of our right to protect life and property. That simple red flag deprives a law abiding citizen of his constitutional right to own and use a gun for pleasure or protection.

The men here on the fire need to treat their wive better! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Trump has never been for UBC. What he has been talking about is more and better information on the checks that are done. All of these guys who have done the mass shootings have passed background checks. UBC would have done nothing. That wasn’t what Trump was after.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't know AOL still exists.

Interesting story, but after all.....................it's politics.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Over the years the NRA has capitulated far too much on gun control. The latest was the ban on "bump stocks". The public infighting over Lapierre can only weaken the NRA and help the gun control freaks. he probably needs to go and most of the leadership with him but who would we replace him with? We need to settle this mess in house and quit giving ammunition to the enemy.

I really hope Trump is playing the gun control crowd and lets the noise die down with inaction. The problem is Mitch McConnell and the senate. Also even Dan Crenshaw has called for "Red Flag" laws which are unconstitutional. Apparently lots of conservative minded legislators are willing to forgo the constitution whenever publicity demands it. The problem is publicity will always demand it from the gun control media. We need to eliminate gun control laws altogether. That's not the problem, people and culture are the problem. Allow concealed carry on all campuses and watch the liberal noise quieten down.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I think all the pressure for Wayne to resign has put the fear of God into him, and helped him see the light, and renewed his commitment for protecting the second amendment.

I think you might be reading a lot into this.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
With all the internal conflict, financial irregularities, the NRA, unfortunately, is now in a weakened position. Lots of NRA members are holding up on contributions until some of this internal stuff gets worked out.

So, at a time when we need strength, we have weakness. And, from what is being said, most of that is due to personal greed. So, it seems that there can be a "deep state" within the NRA bureaucracy, developed over the years by an autocratic management style, the NRA Board being just a token board.

We need a strong board, the bureaucracy answering to the board, not the other way around. The bureaucracy should be working for us, directed by the board that we elect. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the organizational structure or the business plan. Those autocratic type organizations are hard to change and by design.

An all out NRA war isn't a good idea at this time, or at any time. But, what do we the contributors do. I'm an Endowment Member, but haven't given them a dime since all this stuff started. And, I'm not the only one.

There are other 2A organizations, but the NRA is the main force, or at least was the main force. Not sure what the NRA is today.

Sad.

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Nothing Wayne La Pierre has done entitles him to the lavish lifestyle at the expense of the NRA's membership.
I tend to agree, and think it's time for him to go. There are other, passionate skillful orators and defenders of the Second Amendment, who have not "forgot to be honest", we need to find them...

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Trump has never been for UBC. What he has been talking about is more and better information on the checks that are done. All of these guys who have done the mass shootings have passed background checks. UBC would have done nothing. That wasn’t what Trump was after.

I hope your're right on this. UBC's will do nothing but move us toward gun registration. However, I would support making mental health data available in the present background check system. The problem is that in order to do this, the HIPAA Act would need to be amended and this would be difficult politically.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by bowmanh

I hope your're right on this. UBC's will do nothing but move us toward gun registration. However, I would support making mental health data available in the present background check system. The problem is that in order to do this, the HIPAA Act would need to be amended and this would be difficult politically.

And easier and simpler improvement would be to make juvenile records part of it up through say... the age of 30 or so. That probably would have stopped one or two of these guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Once again the NRA and specifically Wayne LaPierre get the job done. This is why we need to completely shut down the attacks on him by people that haven't done a damn thing to ensure our gun rights. The NRA is the only organization capable of doing what he just did.

WLP supports background checks, and red flag law, he just says he doesn't support BGC in public after the backlash he faced in the late 90s after his open support of BGC
I don't believe for one minute he changed his stance in private behind closed doors..

[Linked Image]

If the NRA can get it done why do we have BGC? or the GCA of 68?
Figure it out people

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The "Boss" has not closed on the issue.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Nice. I hope they talked about Red Flags and LaPierre got that nixed too.

NRA supports Red flag law.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bowmanh

And easier and simpler improvement would be to make juvenile records part of it up through say... the age of 30 or so. That probably would have stopped one or two of these guys.

Sounds reasonable, but I think there would be lots of opposition to this as well. The Left doesn't really want to solve the problem, they just want our guns.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by champlain_islander

A man in a ugly divorce might be smart to get a restraining order against his ex / soon to be ex if they lived in one of these red flag law states. At least that way he could try to turn it around on her if she says he threatened her in some way violently in person...

Last edited by Rockymtnhigh; 08/20/19.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (163dm, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 64 invisible), 3,043 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,049
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.