24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
George Harrison croaked the day my 2nd arrived. When he hit 13, I started him on guitar lessons to see maybe if George's Eastern Mysticism got him reincarnated. Does not appear to be the case, but I'm alright with that too!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
was fishing, my dad had to come let me know, no cell phones back then. waited till the last minute to get there.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The day my Son was born i got to look at him through the glass of the neonatal ICU unit.

Didn't get to hold him for a week.

When the Daughter was born 2 years later we thought that something was wrong because she was not blue like her brother.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
son was the first, I was 6 hours away in Mansfield, LA when I got the call, drove like a bat out of hell to get there, wife was still in labor but unable to deliver. They opted for a c-section a few hours later. This was '98

I've been tired ever since.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've been in some sketchy situations, but I have never been as terrified as I was when my wife had our first child. Scared for her, scared for him, no family within 2000 miles. I don't like being helpless, with not being able to do a DAMNED thing and trusting an indifferent seeming medical staff in a less than stellar facility. All turned out ok! Second one was scary too, but not like that first one.

Supposed to stay for 24 hours, but she was carrying stuff out to the truck way before that, and had to go back in to get wheeled out in a wheelchair. lol No epidural either. Tougher than me.

I "got to" cut the umbilical cord. Fuuck that. Never ever ever ever ever again.

MAGA
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was at sea.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
March 6th 1989. I do believe it was a Monday not positive but it was through the week. 18 inches of snow on the ground that morning. Which is a [bleep] for this area. 21 years old wife in labor snow on the ground in a 30 mile drive what a deal

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
September 21st, 1994, our daughter, Caroline was born, via emergency C-section, due to stress on the baby because Deb's pregnancy induced toxemia !

So blessed, as the umbilical cord had a perfect half hitch in it, that had not tightened & was also wrapped around Caroline's neck.

Natural birth would have both, tightened the knot & possibly strangled her !

Either option .....................

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

By being born on the 6th, we had to start a new deductible of 10,000!

I was born on 1/11 and my Dad's still pissed that he couldn't count me off on the previous year's taxes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
my first born was interesting his mother (my ex) started screaming at me in the back yard that her water broke, happened during a close lighting strike. Got in the truck and headed to the big hospital she was supposed to deliver in, she said she couldn't make it, I diverted to the little hospital in our town, and thank God I did, from the time her water broke to him being born was 22 min. there was no Dr. and the nurse didn't even have gloves on yet.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Oldest daughter was born April 5, 1973. I was aboard the USS Forrestal in the Mediterranean. First saw her the 29th of June, 1973.

NRA Patron Member
U.S. Navy Veteran 1969-1973
Sons of the American Revolution
Sons of Confederate Veterans
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Yep. We hadn't sleep for 3 days due to 2 false starts and then 29 hours of labor before we went cesarean. Doc's wanted to try for another 4 hours. I said NO. She's got no push left in her. We had a son.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Jan 4, 1966, Parsons Kansas. Was the New Year's baby on the fourth, small town. Got several gifts for being the first in 1966. GW smile

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My first child was stillborn. Medical staff worked on her feverishly for 45 minutes at which point they got a heartbeat. Her first 11 months were very hard on all of us. She is now 40 years old. She has a learning impairment. But, you would have to speak to her for a long time to detect it. She’s loves her walk with God, is married, holds a steady job & never meets a stranger.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2/21/03
Told the lady doc all I knew about this was to get the chains.
She had no idea.
"To put on a calfs legs and pull".
She didn't like that much.

Baby got hung up, they needed to drain my wife's bladder,
somehow it was just the doc and I, I volunteered, and helped
Cath her. Baby popped out shortly.

6/21/07
Baby was hung up, they had my wife face the wall, get on her knees holding the raised bed,
Pushing in that position. Nothing, she was getting tired, they told her to lay back down.
Halfway down, she felt something shift and had a contraction, the baby literally popped out.
The doctor and I both grabbed her, or she would have hit the floor.

That kid went from barely crowning, to out in a second, tore my wife quite a bit.

She groaned. That's it, a groan. The only sound during the whole thing.
No drugs at all.
She was a rock star with the nurses, the whole floor was talking about her,
nurses that weren't assigned to us were looking in at her.
They wanted to film her and show it to women as to how they should act in labor.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
August 29th 1989, Adak Alaska in the Aleutians at the Naval Hospital. Only birth that week. Wife was two weeks over due. They decided to induce. Did not work out, baby stressing all vitals not good. C section time.. Wheeled wife into surgery, both doctors and the two nurses present, about 10 minutes later out he comes. Crying and mad. Peed on the nurse holding him. Turns out the cord was wrapped around his neck. Just under 10# a big boy. I still remember the big stainless stapler they used to seal the wife backup.. That thing was scary. Fast forward to college time, Derek asked if he could claim Native Alaskan on the FASFA... One of about 400 folks born on Adak.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
June 2 1990. Was on the road coaching eastern finals in state high school tournament. She was in good hands as mom was there.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My first child was born via a last minute C-Section since he would not turn. I was able to be in the room and actually stand by and watch the surgery. Being much younger then, I made the rather insensitive observation that the operation was just like gutting an elk! Boy did I regret THAT analogy later! The doctor kept having to tell me to stay back, I was crowding him and the nurses! Later that day while both Remington, our son, and his mom were sleeping I went to a gun show and bought a rare Browning B-78 single shot rifle! It was a great day that December of 1985!

That little guy is now a Major in the USAF and he flies the MC-130 J while is wife , another Major flies the Osprey, both for the Special Ops Group. They deploy at different times so no grandchildren from them!

Last edited by Robb10238; 08/20/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
33 years ago. delivered by a midwife and Doctor Donnie....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by huntsman22; 08/20/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wife’s water broke in the shower. She got dressed and went to work.

Maybe 10 that morning she called me and told me, said contractions were getting strong as well. Asked me to head home, grab her bag, and head to the hospital.

Hours and hours of labor, hours and hours of pushing, doc called an end to it. C section.

Second child was the opposite. Labored at home for a bit, went in, and before they had a bed ready, momma was hanging onto the wall pushing a baby out. Kid got hung up in the canal with the chord around his neck. Different doc came rushing in, 6 foot Swedish woman, she got real serious barking at nurses and me. Before I could understand WTF, she delivered my second son.

Giving birth is quite the rodeo apparently. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
123 members (32_20fan, 338reddog, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,458 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,893
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.