Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#14064316 08/20/19
mudstud Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm thinking of having a spray-in bed liner installed in one of my pickups. Anyone have suggestions as to which are best and why? Thanks.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have experience with a Line-x liner and it worked well. Durable and in ten years of harder than average use (I would guess) it held up.
No way for me to say which is best as all I know about is the Line-X product. They do fade over time.

Rhino Liners used to use a different process but today I think both of them are a heated chemical application, probably little difference now. The applicator is probably the most important part, a thorough preparation and clean shop are important.

I would compare warranties, costs, and visit each shop.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Waste of money. Get the heavy rubber matt that are cut for your rig. They keep stuff from sliding around and help with noise. Spray-on Bed liners on the insides of the box rarely get banged up and they look like he'll on the floor. All you get are dents with ugly stuff that you can't get rid of to spray paint.

Last edited by Remington6MM; 08/20/19.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Had a spray in (factory) in my last truck. I put a bed rug in my current truck and I've got zero interest in ever going back to anything else, it's easy on the knees, looks good and cleans up easy enough.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Linex, with a rubber bed mat. Best of both worlds. It protects the tail gate and sides of the bed, and things don't slide around on the mat.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by badger
Linex, with a rubber bed mat. Best of both worlds. It protects the tail gate and sides of the bed, and things don't slide around on the mat.

This!

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It depends on how you use it. During hunting season, I have a stock rack in mine to haul llamas. You really don't want a bed rug with them. When I bought the pickup, it had a slide in liner to hide a bunch of dings. One trip and I got rid of that. It was so slick that the llamas couldn't stand up. I put in a rubber mat and it's been there for 6 years now. They have good footing, just hose it out, and it's indestructible. I also got a tail gate cover of the same stuff.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had Rhino Liner sprayed in my 98 Dodge 2500 I used it from1998 thru last winter. ( 20 years). It hauled gravel, dirt manure, hay, tree slash, farm implements, junk,etc. It looked good as new. The truck is in Washington state now and I expect that spray on will last as long as the truck .Bed mats don't do much to keep dings from the bed side walls.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

X3! You cant’t have a liner without the rubber mat. I have had Line X liners on my last 3 trucks and not a single complaint. Spend the extra $100 or so for the premium that has the UV coating and you dont have to worry about fading.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
On my second pickup with Line-X liner. No complaints, but adding a rubber bed mat would be a good idea sometimes. There are 3 or 4 grades of line-x, so for some extra $$ you can get better uv resistance, less fading, tougher finish for heavier use, different colors, etc. I usually have a hard folding tonneau cover on so never had any fading with base product.

They also have a lifetime warranty. They'll repair defects free, can repair damage but may charge. I managed to gouge a small spot through to the truck bed once, they repaired it no charge.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Motown

X3! You cant’t have a liner without the rubber mat. I have had Line X liners on my last 3 trucks and not a single complaint. Spend the extra $100 or so for the premium that has the UV coating and you dont have to worry about fading.

This^^^. I have been research on bed liners and I am going this route shortly.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like the Bed Rug bed mats, nonslip and padded

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Linex-- only way to go.

At work, we had 3/4 ton utility body trucks with Linex, we hauled motors, compressors , tools, rigging, all over the state.
The liners all held up for years

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've never had an issue with damage to the sides. The rubber mats that cover just the bottom of the bed do all I need. Be sure to get one for the tailgate.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Back in May '02.......bought my new Chevy 2500HD crew

Had the dealer Rhinoline the bed........

Other than normal fading.......has held up very well nearly 18 years

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Had linex done years ago and it's been great. If I'm chunking concrete blocks in I'll put rubber mats down but aside from that I've hauled a lot of stuff and regularly slide a heavy metal stock tote across it and it's still holding up great. Bed sees a fair amount of urine, crap, and blood and it's good to go.....I do hose it out on occasion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
have had rubber mats, and spray in, currently i'm running unprotected. I liked the rubber mat best, but the sides of the bed looked like hell when I was done with that truck, not sure if a spray in would have saved it or not.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
It would have. LineX got tested and approved for blast debris resistance as a coating for CHUs in the sand box, because just an exterior coating of it almost quadrupled the strength of the structure. Anyone that thinks a premium bed coating isn’t worth it for a truck bed that’s gonna get used, doesn’t know too much about those coatings. I may have two entire vehicles coated with it....won’t have to worry about limb scars after that.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I had LineX sprayed in my last 3 trucks and it held up.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

685 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 11point, 67 invisible), 2,896 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,472
Posts18,451,759
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.