-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
School patrol officers saw a vehicle leaving the area at a high rate of speed so they called for backup, they found the vehicle but it was abandoned and are now looking around the University Center. More to come.

Shots fired

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Weather
Legislature
The Fishing Report
New Transmitter FAQ
Livestream

Search

Home Local Article
APD is investigating a report of shots fired near Old Seward Highway & 36th Avenue

By Gilbert Cordova | Posted: Tue 9:29 AM, Aug 20, 2019 | Updated: Tue 10:05 AM, Aug 20, 2019

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - The Anchorage Police Department is investigating a shots fired call near Old Seward Highway & 36th Avenue.

According to APD Communications Director, MJ Thim, two school resource officers were patrolling the area of Old Seward and 36th when they heard shots fired.

Thim said the officers noticed a suspicious vehicle leave the area at a high rate of speed. That's when they called in additional officers to respond. Police located that same vehicle, abandoned behind the University Center.

There are no reports of injuries or road closures, just a large police presence as officers search for the person or persons involved.

Police ask the public to follow officer's instructions as they continue to investigate and search the area.

This is a developing story.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First day of school... but not for UAA?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Lots of cops and SWAT are on the scene according to the wife, they are in lockdown mod.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They think they got the guy...

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/A...ward-Highway--36th-Avenue-556733851.html

APD arrest suspect in shots fired call near Old Seward Highway & 36th Avenue

By Gilbert Cordova | Posted: Tue 9:29 AM, Aug 20, 2019 | Updated: Tue 12:00 PM, Aug 20, 2019

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - Update
APD says a suspect is in custody after police responded to a shots fired call in the area of 36th Avenue and Old Seward Highway.

Police say School Resource Officers noticed a maroon Pontiac Aztek leave the area at a high rate of speed.

The SRO’s notified Dispatch and additional officers from the Patrol Division responded to the scene.

The suspect vehicle was found abandoned behind the University Center. Officers developed a suspect description and began searching the area.

The suspect was found in the area of 42nd Avenue and Ingra Street.

He was taken into custody and transported to headquarters for questioning by detectives.

There were no injuries.

A majority of the officers have left the area. A few officers will remain in the area as the investigation continues.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
First day of school... but not for UAA?

I believe UAA starts next week. My son is setting out this semester from UAA, as he joined the Army National Guard and is at AIT on the East Coast. Talking to him last week, he was saying next week I thought is when UAA goes back to class, but I actually think they started class today.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
School patrol officers saw a vehicle leaving the area at a high rate of speed so they called for backup, they found the vehicle but it was abandoned and are now looking around the University Center. More to come.

Shots fired

I had an appointment on base yesterday and then headed to S. Anchorage afterwards. I was going through the area after they were wrapping things, up. The radio was saying something about it, but I didn't know the full extent until I got home and saw it on KTUU at 5pm.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,551
Posts18,453,584
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.