Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by PJ65

I have been struggling with a Tikka T3 for quite awhile now. Tried many different hand loads, factory ammo, scopes, etc. Pillar and glass bedding as well. Best she will do is 1.5 MOA. Going to trade her in for a new 708. Looking at a Bergara B14 or Christiansen Mesa. Any opinions or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Have the crown checked for a chip. It doesn"t take much

I have a Savage Model 200 in .223 that is all over the place with everything except 68 grain Hornady match bullets and then it's well under an inch. As far as I can tell she's a one bullet rifle.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Have you tried adjusting the trigger to a lighter pull?

P
PJ65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Tempting. Where you located, what do you charge? I am in SE Idaho.

P
PJ65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Trigger adjusted, modified bolt stop and using long action magazine so I can lengthen OAL. Going to try H4350. Tried R15, R17, Varget, 4064, Big Game. Tried 140 AB,ELDX in 150 and 162, Sierra GK 150. Any other suggestions?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Someone posted about shooting a light weight rifle on a bench. That can sometimes be a challenge. Those guns are often more precise than what most shooters can deliver.

Nothing personal, but have you let others shoot it?

DF

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
The other trick, which I have mentioned numerous times before, is to pad the front rest with a folded towel when shooting real lightweights. I've found it usually really helps with scoped rifles weighing 7 pounds or less.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I’m in Oregon, close to Eugene. You pay the shipping and transfer fees ($35 for the transfer, dunno about shipping) here and back, I’ll take care of the rest, components and all.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I’m in Oregon, close to Eugene. You pay the shipping and transfer fees ($35 for the transfer, dunno about shipping) here and back, I’ll take care of the rest, components and all.

P

You think you will. whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

P

No need to transfer it. He can ship it USPS to you for the load work, and then you can ship it right back to him. No change of ownership. No FFL involved.

Just like if he was coming out to hunt with you, and later you shipped his rifle back.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

P

No need to transfer it. He can ship it USPS to you for the load work, and then you can ship it right back to him. No change of ownership. No FFL involved.

Just like if he was coming out to hunt with you, and later you shipped his rifle back.

Maybe in Wisconsin.

Need a transfer in Oregon.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi Pharm,
Are you saying that Oregon has different ATF laws than the rest of the country? I have shipped Guns to a lot of different states to have them worked on and never was there a transfer involved. The only requirement was that the entity or person doing the work had to ship back to the same address from which it shipped. Not trying to be argumentative, but that’s how it has worked for me.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
PacNor would be out of business.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

PacNor has an FFL.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The other trick, which I have mentioned numerous times before, is to pad the front rest with a folded towel when shooting real lightweights. I've found it usually really helps with scoped rifles weighing 7 pounds or less.

That trick is something i keep in mind. Never had to use it though. If i were really struggling with a rifle, id give it a try.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by lastround
Hi Pharm,
Are you saying that Oregon has different ATF laws than the rest of the country? I have shipped Guns to a lot of different states to have them worked on and never was there a transfer involved. The only requirement was that the entity or person doing the work had to ship back to the same address from which it shipped. Not trying to be argumentative, but that’s how it has worked for me.

Yes, that is what I’m saying.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
PJ,
After frustration builds up, it is easy to forget about some of the basics!

I would try dry firing with an empty chamber while at the range. Get the rifle all set on the bags with the cross hair dead on target and squeeze the trigger. After the snap see if your cross hairs are still on target, I'm suspecting it may have moved off.

Keep snapping and looking making adjustments with how your pulling the trigger in relationship to your grip technique, adjusting the grip and placement and bearing on the bags, until you can consistently dry snap and have the rifle come back to the same place.
Happy hunting

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Straydog,
this is something I do every time I go to the range. Thanks for posting.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I still think I would try a different set of mounts ...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
PJ65, my go-to load in any 7mm-08 is 43 grains of WW-748 under a 139 Hornady. However, a 140 grain Nosler, or even a 140 grain Barnes will work. I have had six 7mm-08s, and all shot that load well. It's from Ken Waters' Pet Loads.

I have owned five Tikkas, one of which was a 7mm-08, and all shot great. I sold the 7mm-08 even though it shot great. A friend just had to have it. I'm sorry I let it go.

I bet Pharmseller could get that rifle to shoot.

Good luck,

Marty

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

PacNor has an FFL.

Yes, but after it is transferred to PacNor, you would have to pay to have it transferred back to you.

Last edited by WhelenAway; 08/23/19.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

687 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 160user, 67 invisible), 3,525 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,426
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.