Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
PJ65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P

I have been struggling with a Tikka T3 for quite awhile now. Tried many different hand loads, factory ammo, scopes, etc. Pillar and glass bedding as well. Best she will do is 1.5 MOA. Going to trade her in for a new 708. Looking at a Bergara B14 or Christiansen Mesa. Any opinions or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What mounts? That sounds pretty unusual.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Tikka's usually shoot pretty good.

Have you tried Pharmseller's 7-08 loads? Do a search.

I'd try that before getting rid of it.

DF

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Tikka's usually shoot pretty good.

Have you tried Pharmseller's 7-08 loads? Do a search.

I'd try that before getting rid of it.

DF

Yep. Nosler 120 Ballistic Tip, WLRM and Big Game (lots).

Works nicely in my No.1.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Unusual for a Tikka to not shoot.

Agree with eliminating all possible variables. May want to give them a call.

Generally Tikka rifles will shoot with your list of potential replacements.

DF

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have both rifles you mention. A Christenson in 7-08 and a Tikka in 7 mag. Love them both and use DNZ mounts on all my rifles

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by coyote268
I have both rifles you mention. A Christenson in 7-08 and a Tikka in 7 mag. Love them both and use DNZ mounts on all my rifles

In your experience, am I pretty close on those two rifles being pretty close regarding accuracy?

DF

P
PJ65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Talley bases and mounts. Since I pillar bedded the stock, devconed the action and floated the barrel I don't think the factory is an option. I also replaced the recoil lug with a titanium model. I've tried a mountain of loads and the best is 1.5 MOA. Tired of wasting time and money

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Sounds like you’ve already eliminated variables. I’d call them.

DF

P
PJ65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Do you have good luck with Tikkas out of the box? I have done everything possible such as pillars, bedding, free floating and the accuracy is mediocre at best

IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I have had great results from Tikkas out of the box. My T3 Super Lite in .260 shoots tiny groups--though I had to lengthen the magazine to allow even some standard hunting bullets to be seated long enough to shoot their best.

That said, have also had great luck with the 6.5 Creedmoor Bergara B-14 Ridge purchased a couple months ago--though it's heavier than the Tikka by about a pound.

Have not tried a Christiansen yet.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PJ65

I have been struggling with a Tikka T3 for quite awhile now. Tried many different hand loads, factory ammo, scopes, etc. Pillar and glass bedding as well. Best she will do is 1.5 MOA. Going to trade her in for a new 708. Looking at a Bergara B14 or Christiansen Mesa. Any opinions or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Literally millions of deer and other game were killed with rifles grouping at 1.5"".

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by AB2506

Literally millions of deer and other game were killed with rifles grouping at 1.5"".

True that.

BUT, the loony in me wants better. Sub inch beats 1 1/2”, IMO.

I find that to be a comforting, confidence builder.

Has nothing to do with logic.

DF

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

True that.

DF

Did you re crown the barrel?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Send the bitch to me. I’ll have her straightened out in a week.

Your choice, 120 BT, 140 AB or PT, or 150 eldx.

From Sunday:

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...-this-this-and-this.306452/#post-2327199

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
^
👍

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Learning lots of new ways to spell Christensen Arms. Too funny. My tikkas will keep up with my CA rifles all day long. Hope you figure something out.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Do you have good luck with Tikkas out of the box? I have done everything possible such as pillars, bedding, free floating and the accuracy is mediocre at best

How well do you shoot other light rifles? You could always try the Bergara, shoot it and see if it shoots better than the Tikka. Then if it does, sell theTikka to Pharm. He said he could get it to shoot. I've also seen some Tikka's that don't shoot as good as some say they do. One buddy struggled so much with a .223 rem superlite, that I thought he was going to cry when the best he could ever do was 1.5 moa. What some don't realize is, some Tikka's just don't shoot as well as others. Some live in a fantasy world too...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

True that.

DF

No truer words were ever spoken...^^^^^ If we were content with 1 1/2 moa, we'd just use lever actions for the rest of our lives...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I have had great results from Tikkas out of the box. My T3 Super Lite in .260 shoots tiny groups--though I had to lengthen the magazine to allow even some standard hunting bullets to be seated long enough to shoot their best.

That said, have also had great luck with the 6.5 Creedmoor Bergara B-14 Ridge purchased a couple months ago--though it's heavier than the Tikka by about a pound.

Have not tried a Christiansen yet.

I traded for a Bergara Premier Mountain rifle in 280AI a few months back, and the trade included some Nosler Accubond factory ammo the owner said it liked.

Put a Leupold 3.5-10 in Tally lightweights on it.

First 3-shot group at 100 went 5/8", so I know it's going to be a really good shooter once I put together a load for it.

Didn't go any further with it yet, as I am working with another rifle right now.

I like the fact that Bergara actions (and Christiansen too I believe) have a Remington 700 footprint, leaving stock and trigger options wide open.

I have been impressed by the quality of the B-14 series rifles too, and recently purchased a Bergara Ridge 308Win with a 20" barrel (special edition). I have not mounted a scope on it yet so can't comment on the performance, but the rifle is very well made.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What some don't realize is, some Tikka's just don't shoot as well as others. Some live in a fantasy world too...

Won't comment on Tikka, except to say my luck with them has not mirrored that of their biggest fans.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.