Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Best cheap ammo I've found is Norma TAC, but you have to catch it on sale. Full price does not qualify as "cheap"

Fingers crossed. $284 insured delivery/1000
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/norma-usa-tac-223-remington-ammo-55-grain-fmj-p-4282.aspx

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Best cheap ammo I've found is Norma TAC, but you have to catch it on sale. Full price does not qualify as "cheap"

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/norma-usa-tac-223-remington-ammo-55-grain-fmj-p-4282.aspx

I hope this is just a rebranding of what they were selling before. What I had such good luck with was just labeled TAC, and can in a black box.

Here's an example:

https://www.smkw.com/nor-223-rem-ta...publisherId=62182&clickId=2795173200

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I saw that when looking. Don't think it is the same but found enough positive reviews to say WTH.... Hence the finger crossing. Not sure if it's sealed and shows 3240 not 3250.....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
american patriot ammo llc, has good reman ammo, it's accurate and it's consistent and it's American Made by a vet. smile

I like it.

Here is a pic of 5 shots from a box of 50 I bought.
Colt AR 15 1/9 twist HBAR
100 yds

each square is 1/2 so four squares is one square inch.

[Linked Image]

so yea, 1.5 inches at 100 yds for bulk ammo. OH yea!

Last edited by blammer; 08/16/19.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Patriot sells both a 55 and a 62 gr load. Which one used for that group?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by johnw
Might be interested in the Tula stuff. Any downside to it?

I don't shoot steel cased ammo in any of my good barrels. I save it for AK's and SKS's.

That's because of ignorance. Intelligent people know that it matters not.

Xm193 will run a bit over 3000fps from a 16" barrel. Tula 55gr will do a bit over 2800fps. But the velocity difference is irrelevant at 100yds.

I don't shoot steel cased ammo in any AR15s either. Not so much steel case, which I don't like either, but the lacquer coating that builds up in chamber and leads to hard extraction. YMMV.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Thanks for the heads-up.....I signed up for the Target Sports USA "Prime" membership to get even cheaper prices and it's paid for itself already!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

I don't shoot steel cased ammo in any AR15s either. Not so much steel case, which I don't like either, but the lacquer coating that builds up in chamber and leads to hard extraction. YMMV.

Such bs. You've never shot steel cased in your life. You just parroted an old wives tale. You're clueless.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dla

Such bs. You've never shot steel cased in your life. You just parroted an old wives tale. You're clueless.

Actually I still have about 500 rounds left out of a bulk buy of 1000 55 Grain FMJ Wolf WPA PolyFormance ammo I bought from SGAmmo. Seemed like a good deal for around $180 to my door for cheap target ammo. Never finished shooting them after I had trouble with cases sticking in hot weather. Got all the varnish or polymer coating cleaned out of the chamber and went back to brass. Never experienced anymore trouble after that. But than again, I'm not an internet expert like a lot of posters, just stating my experiences with Wolf steel cased ammo. I just stick to things that work for me. Hell, I don't even use clever words like "parroted". YMMV

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dla

Actually I still have about 500 rounds left out of a bulk buy of 1000 55 Grain FMJ Wolf WPA PolyFormance ammo I bought from SGAmmo. Seemed like a good deal for around $180 to my door for cheap target ammo. Never finished shooting them after I had trouble with cases sticking in hot weather. Got all the varnish or polymer coating cleaned out of the chamber and went back to brass. Never experienced anymore trouble after that. But than again, I'm not an internet expert like a lot of posters, just stating my experiences with Wolf steel cased ammo. I just stick to things that work for me. Hell, I don't even use clever words like "parroted". YMMV

You are still blowing BS. The polymer stuff doesn't stick and there are no deposits. What is happening is that you don't own a chamber brush and your chamber cruds up from the powder residue. Learn to clean your chamber and you won't have issues.

Millions of rounds of Wolf and Tula are used by happy shooters every year. But you, only you, have problems.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla

You are still blowing BS. The polymer stuff doesn't stick and there are no deposits. What is happening is that you don't own a chamber brush and your chamber cruds up from the powder residue. Learn to clean your chamber and you won't have issues.

Millions of rounds of Wolf and Tula are used by happy shooters every year. But you, only you, have problems.

Actually I have several AR15 chamber brushes and AR10 chamber brushes. You don't have to be an internet guru to know how to clean an AR, a caveman could do it. Guess I should of checked with you and the the others who shoot "millions" of rounds of the stuff every year. Appreciate your invaluable insight into steel case ammo, think I'll save the rest I've got in case I run into a Steel Case expert like you by some chance in the future.
YMMV

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why should I *ever* have to brush out a AR chamber? Except if I was using crap ammo?

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Thanks for the heads-up.....I signed up for the Target Sports USA "Prime" membership to get even cheaper prices and it's paid for itself already!

Got mine in today. Just opened one box. Looks good and uniform. Has cannalure. Doesn't appear to be sealed on either end. Norma headstamp as expected, tarnished brass. Three small primer crimps. Wife was not amused at $284. WTF is her prob?

--- Kid Rock 2022

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Why should I *ever* have to brush out a AR chamber? Except if I was using crap ammo?

I've never cleaned a civilian AR, but the M16A1 would build up significant carbon fouling in the chamber if not cleaned. And this with M193 which I'd assume is similar to what is found today.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
that's the 55gr, sorry about that.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by johnw
Patriot sells both a 55 and a 62 gr load. Which one used for that group?

55gr, sorry forgot that detail

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cool, Thanks...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/rifle-ammo/tactical-223-remington-ammo-prod78091.aspx

same ammo 154.00 and they have a 30 off 300 plus free ship
Brownells now charges sales tax not sure if AIM does

Not to get into it too far but I shoot lost of steel no issues and a magnet keeps an old fat guy from bending for the cases

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by boatboy
https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/rifle-ammo/tactical-223-remington-ammo-prod78091.aspx

same ammo 154.00 and they have a 30 off 300 plus free ship
Brownells now charges sales tax not sure if AIM does

Not to get into it too far but I shoot lost of steel no issues and a magnet keeps an old fat guy from bending for the cases

Hank

Thanks for posting, Hank.

Hate that sales tax B.S.

It is not even law or a requirement yet.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
One of my Ar's shoots one inch groups with Frontier 5.56 ammo, this ammo is loaded by Lake city using Hornady 55 gr fmj bullets, they also have 62 gr loads.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 18 invisible), 1,376 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,219
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.