Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Pugs
https://flightaware.com

Works very well for both commercial and private aircraft. When flying ourselves to meet people I just give them the tail # I'm flying.

That is the one I used.

This, has always worked well for me.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
American sucks the worst I've ever used, by far.

They all suck but American really sucks. Last time I flew them was out to see Rocky when we went up and fished with Ingwe and that has been a few years. Never again. The counter and cabin crew were awful.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Oh great and I have to use American to get out west in a couple of weeks . . .

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I use flight radar 24

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't use Delta because from here, you can be flying to the North Pole and they'll route you through Atlanta first.

It’s a hub and spoke network. I can’t go anywhere with out going through Detroit or Atlanta. Had to go through both those hubs to get to my destination several times.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Every airline is hub and spoke, except SW). Delta does send a good percentage of its connections through Atlanta though. Their website and app are really good. My wife is Diamond Medallion and I'm always picking her up at the Detroit airport and never have had a problem with their flight status page.

Last edited by UPhiker; 08/22/19.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Their app is ok, My plane is not always at the gate the app says it is. I always check the flight monitors.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kid0917
agreed, American is the airline with 'attitude", a bad one...

I refuse to fly American.... Several years ago, I had a job on the west coast. The company had even scheduled a Sunday afternoon planning meeting, so work could begin first thing Monday morning. I was scheduled to fly American and arrive on the west coast about 9:00 am that Sunday morning. I arrived at the airport, checked in, and waited, and waited, and waited. Then people were being called over the intercom to report to the desk. Come to find out, the plane was broken and American was hand picking passengers to get them on other carriers and out that morning, so they wouldn't be late or miss connecting flights. Once they filled up all the other carriers , with the hand picked passengers, they announced the flight had been cancelled. When I went to the desk to try to get on another flight, they were all filled up, compliments of American. They had cancelled my flight and wanted to reimburse me the fee, like I really didn't need to go on this trip. I raised hell. American paid for a taxi to take me from Baton Rouge to New Orleans to catch an afternoon flight. I missed the meeting and it caused all kinds of problems. Needless to say the customer wasn't happy. Never again on American.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
I fly Delta weekly. First Class Airline all the way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Delta is the number one rated airline in the world.

Route planning can be weird. For example, This past weekend I flew home on SWA. The final route was Denver to Salt Lake City, and then the plane was going to Chicago. That meant that the Chicago people spent an hour getting to SLC, sat there for an hour, and then flew another hour, right past Denver, to get to Chicago. Three hours to pass over exactly where they had been to begin with. Bizarre.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None of the US carriers hold a candle to Emirates Airlines, as far as service and cleanliness goes. The difference is about like riding in a Cadillac vs a model T. I've also heard that Nippon Airlines was really good.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Talk about your first world problems......sheesh...

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Oldman3
None of the US carriers hold a candle to Emirates Airlines, as far as service and cleanliness goes. The difference is about like riding in a Cadillac vs a model T. I've also heard that Nippon Airlines was really good.

Maybe you should ask Emirates employees... BTW--it's ANA--All Nippon Airlines. I'll stick with the US3, EU3 and a few others. Cathay Pacific and Singapore have good safety cultures but most of the rest of the Asian airlines, not so much. Too many Asian airlines are stuck in the "honor the seniors" mentality where newer people are afraid to speak up when someone older screws up. That was a partial reason for the Asiana crash in San Francisco a few years ago. A Korean Air captain recently tried to drink on the plane and the flight attendant that reported him got into more trouble than he did.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Arrived 11:32; gate b6.

The delta app is actually pretty good.

Now that the information is no longer useful it gets backfield. They showed the flight number I was looking for as the flight back to MSP.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I fly delta once sometimes twice a month. I very rarely miss a connection or have a cancelled flight. Atlanta can be a crap shoot with storms on hot summer afternoons.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

288 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 43 invisible), 1,620 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,438
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.