Has anyone checked these out yet?

Thoughts?

Last edited by 338rcm; 08/22/19.
BP-B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I’m also eagerly waiting for an unpaid/unbiased review.

338rcm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Will have one on the way from Doug soon

338rcm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Received a 8x42 in the mail from Cameraland yesterday. Havent had a chance to get it outside yet. I am impressed with the build quality.The eye cups are some of the best Ive seen.

Going to the cabin over the weekend will post more thoughts after some testing

Thanks Doug for the great service !

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm interested in how this one performs.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Anyone seen a review of these yet? Outdoor Life listed them as a best buy but very little info

338rcm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Do to a ATV accident I didnt get to spend a lot of time checking these out. I will say they are one of the brightest binos I have looked through. They eye cups are the best I've used

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So here is what we know.

Good looking ( love the green), comfortable, super-bright glass, dielectric prisms, terrific eyecups....by Meopta.....at a great price.

I don't need one, I do not need one....I do not need one.....

Last edited by kenjs1; 09/11/19.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kenjs1
So here is what we know.

Good looking ( love the green), comfortable, super-bright glass, dielectric prisms, terrific eyecups....by Meopta.....at a great price.

I hear you, loud and clear. The skeptic in me says since they were made to be a notch below the Meostars, how can they be better than those? Not saying they can't, but they're less than $300!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
So here is what we know.

I hear you, loud and clear. The skeptic in me says since they were made to be a notch below the Meostars, how can they be better than those? Not saying they can't, but they're less than $300!

They are below the Meostars but they are also below the Meopros, essentially meopros without some of the lens coatings.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I meant Meopros.....thanks for the catch. I can't find a real user review anywhere on these Optikas.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
First off let me say, I do some freelance work with Meopta. I chose to work with Meopta after checking out their glass and talking to people in the company. All top shelf folks and products. I have over 100 hours in the field scouting and glassing with the Optika binos. Impressive to say the least. I love the weight and the aluminum alloy makes them easy to hold for a long time. Being able to remove the eyecups to clean the lenses is a big deal to me while hunting TX/OK and KS. The amount of light transmission is also very impressive, early morning or late evening when game is moving you'll want to be able to see more than a grey blob. I don't do any sales at all guys, I'm just here to pass along info and help you make an informed choice. For under $300 the Optika 10x42 binos are a great deal.

Here's a review you may find helpful
https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...great-option-for-budget-minded-snoopers/

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bman940; 09/12/19. Reason: sp
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The very large power change ring on the scopes is a potential problem for my set ups.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't noticed any issues with the power change ring on any of my bolt action rifles wearing an Optika6 scope. I was more concerned with the 50/56mm obj. I have been using a 3-18x56 on my Bergara and on a Rem 700 SPS .308 and there were zero issues with scope placement. On my Bergara, I used Seekins Precision Med rings and still had room to spare. The 50 is what I like in obj size for hunting. The Optika6 line is well thought out and built to handle what shooters dish out. Not a sales pitch, just the truth. Doug at cameralandNY can answer all your questions.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bman940; 09/12/19. Reason: sp
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What base under those rings?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's been so long since I got it it is whatever Bergara suggested with their rifles. I have a Meopta ZD scope on my other Bergara in 6.5 CM. It is one heck of a piece of glass but almost triple the price.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bman940; 09/12/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bman940
I have over 100 hours in the field scouting and glassing with the Optika binos. Impressive to say the least.

What other glass that we may be familiar with do they compare to optically? Thanks for the link, but that's not a user review, that's more of an infomercial.

Last edited by JGRaider; 09/12/19.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remington280
So here is what we know.

They are below the Meostars but they are also below the Meopros, essentially meopros without some of the lens coatings.

Are they really considered to be less of a performer than the Meopros or just ...assumed to be ??? I wonder. Not surprised they wouldn't advertise it as better than Meopros (if it is the case.....just musing here). I haven't read any comparison and don't own them for side by side field test. I don't suppose you have???? Would be great if you could\do\did.
I actually wonder - being newer (and advances DO happen in optics) if they actually don't perform better than the Meopros. I have tried highly touted silver coated prisms and can tell you I won't buy roofs that aren't dielectric. The Opitikas' are dielectric. Meopros silver. Make me wonder- and makes me want ......

ps Meopta....any chance you can think ...7x35?

Last edited by kenjs1; 09/12/19.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Meopta does have a MeoPro in 8x32, just FYI. Yes, the coatings are different between the MeoPro and Optika binos, but I am not sure if you can tell the difference. I let 4 guys try my MeoPRo and Optika bino's at the range 2 weeks ago and it was 2 to 2 as to which each thought was better. Of course, it was a bright hot sunshiny day too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have over 100 hours in the field scouting and glassing with the Optika binos. Impressive to say the least.

What other glass that we may be familiar with do they compare to optically? Thanks for the link, but that's not a user review, that's more of an infomercial.

bman, I've asked you this 3 separate times, and figured you're the guy that can answer it????

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Remington280
So here is what we know.

Are they really considered to be less of a performer than the Meopros or just ...assumed to be ??? I wonder. Not surprised they wouldn't advertise it as better than Meopros (if it is the case.....just musing here). I haven't read any comparison and don't own them for side by side field test. I don't suppose you have???? Would be great if you could\do\did.
I actually wonder - being newer (and advances DO happen in optics) if they actually don't perform better than the Meopros. I have tried highly touted silver coated prisms and can tell you I won't buy roofs that aren't dielectric. The Opitikas' are dielectric. Meopros silver. Make me wonder- and makes me want ......

ps Meopta....any chance you can think ...7x35?

They have some great specs and I want to buy a pair for a pair of Ranger/loaner binos. I optimistically hope for Monarch 7/Viper performance. For the money, these look great but they are not meant to compete at a high level. Here is what Meopta customer service told me via email:

the MeoPro will have a little bit better image quality than the Optika due to the processes used to finish and coat the lenses; this will be most notable in lower ight conditions with color resolution. The Optika is aimed at a lower tier of the market while the MeoPro is still intended to be a top ranking mid-market performer.

Yes, the MeoPro will still be produced. Basically there will be 3 levels of binoculars that we sell once the Optika comes out in June: the Optika HD as an entry level, the MeoPro HD as a mid-level, and the MeoStar B 1.1 as a high end, top-of-the-line model.

Customer Service

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

bman, I've asked you this 3 separate times, and figured you're the guy that can answer it????

Bman, didn't you used to do some work for Nikon. How do they compare to Monarch 5/Monarch7?

Last edited by TxHunter80; 09/12/19.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I have seen them and I am not the kind of person to disparage another optics company. I will tell you that the Meopta MeoStar has the best glass of any bino I own and I have one that costs 2.5 times what the MeoStar does. I wouldn't and haven't felt that I missed out on any of my preseason scouting with my Optika 10x42's. Come opening day I will have the MeoStar's around my neck by choice not obligation. I hope that answer is sufficient.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I have seen them and I am not the kind of person to disparage another optics company. I will tell you that the Meopta MeoStar has the best glass of any bino I own and I have one that costs 2.5 times what the MeoStar does. I wouldn't and haven't felt that I missed out on any of my preseason scouting with my Optika 10x42's. Come opening day I will have the MeoStar's around my neck by choice not obligation. I hope that answer is sufficient.

Nothing personal, please understand, but that wasn't the question. I own the Meostar HD and you can read by my question i wasn't referring to that model. I was referring specifically to the Optika binos, and made specific reference to that in my post. Now I'll try again....

What specifically do the Optika binos compare to? It is a very easy question I thought.

338rcm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Will be headed out on an elk scouting trip this afternoon will post some more thoughts on the binos when I return Monday or Tuesday

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I ordered some.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got a pair of the 8X42s a few weeks back but have not done any serious scouting/hunting with them yet. Can look about 1000 yards from camp and have tried them against some old bushnell, Leupold, Steiner and Nikon binocs we have laying around camp. No question these are better, but nowhere near my Leica Geovids. But, they do not weigh what the Geovids do and I will be using them for bow hunting, where ranges are short. So far, very happy with them.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I do not believe anyone expects Leica quality for sub $300.

338rcm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Spent some time over the weekend comparing the Ne Optika to several other mid priced binos (Browning 8x32- Minox 10x42 and 8x32) I didnt have another 8x42 to compare it with

No the Meopta is not the "Best" bino money can buy. It is however a very good buy under $300. Of the 4 binos I took along, I prefer the ergos of the Meopta.The performance at dawn and dusk is outstanding.The view through the Minox 10x42 at mid day was a little clearer.

My only complaint about the Optika is the edge to edge clarity isnt as good as the other 3 binos, I would say the sweet spot is about 80 to 85%.

The accessories that come with the Optika are all top notch.

Attached Images
20190915_125134.jpg (37.54 KB, 412 downloads)
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
336rcm, Thank you for giving us your honest hands-on impression of how the Optika bino's functioned for you. Your statement of it is, "a very good buy under $300", is what Meopta is looking for from consumers. Being happy with your purchase comes down to realistic expectations. Great job and a nice photo too.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Spent some time over the weekend comparing the Ne Optika to several other mid priced binos (Browning 8x32- Minox 10x42 and 8x32) I didnt have another 8x42 to compare it with

No the Meopta is not the "Best" bino money can buy. It is however a very good buy under $300. Of the 4 binos I took along, I prefer the ergos of the Meopta.The performance at dawn and dusk is outstanding.The view through the Minox 10x42 at mid day was a little clearer.

My only complaint about the Optika is the edge to edge clarity isnt as good as the other 3 binos, I would say the sweet spot is about 80 to 85%.

The accessories that come with the Optika are all top notch.

I concur and opened up my new Optika 8x bino’s today. Im impressed and recommend them highly .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bird watching 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got mine a few minutes ago. 10-42's, first impression looking out the back yard in grey skies with not great light is they sure are bright and crisp. In a really quicky comparison to my personal favorites the last several years which have been a pair of Pentax 10x43 DCF SP they are much brighter than the SP's. And about the same size/weight.

I also compared them to a pair of Minox BF 10x42BR which IMHO are pretty nice for a cheap binoc and the Meopta's are better which they should be. Anyway, my 5 minute impression is they will be a nice pair of binocs, seem to be extremely bright in muted light and overall fit and feel is nice. I'll be using them next week on an open country mule deer hunt so will know more then.

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 09/18/19.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Bird watching 😎

I actually was watching some turkeys . I think you missed your calling as a psychic or tarot card reader type.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thank you guys for taking the time to pass along your hands-on experiences with the Meopta Optika binos. I think getting info from members who have used them in the filed will go a long way towards getting others to believe in the quality Meopta brings to the consumer. I look forward to other from the field posts too. As always, any Meopta questions, please feel free to drop me a note.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bman940 been a Meopta fan and supporter for decades now. Loved the idea of a Czech scope on a Czech Rifle (CZ) and liked having everyone ask Meopta who? Then take a peek.

Products are top notch and my first call to you all way back was enough to sell me.

. Confucius
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Kenjs1, Thank you very much for the kind words! They couldn't be more appreciated. As I have told dozens of folks who have asked me, Weren't you the Nikon guy? For almost 10 years I was and then they made big changes and I moved on, for the better, I might add. I had multiple opportunities and I chose to work with Meopta because of the product's they have and their commitment to quality. I couldn't be happier and enlightening guys to what they can get for their money from Meopta is another bonus. I still do not do any sales and I encourage you to support the Sponsors who support RFC.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey guys,
Just a heads up, we carry the full line of Meopta binoculars and can answer any questions you may have. Of course always mention 24hour when calling

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Always outdoor, Obviously, did not expect them to compete with Leica's. The original poster had asked for comparisons with other binos and the ones I listed were the ones I had to compare to. No they are not Leica's but I think they fit the niche I got them for (bowhunting - short distances) quite well.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thought I would kick this back up to the top. I just got back from antelope hunting in Wyoming and used my new 10x42's on the hunt. I used them every day from dawn to dark and will say I'm 100% happy with them. I had my old pair of Pentax DCF SP 10x43's along as well to compare and the new Optikas for eyes anyway where much nicer. In low light in the morning I could make out antelope a mile away easily with the Optikas and even see the bucks and sort of tell which where better. And thats tough when looking at any antelope when a inch makes a difference between a good or better buck. Anyway, for the price I'm sure happy I ordered these from Doug, they will certainly be my new go to binocs for future hunts.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
OregonMuley, Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Meopta's Optika6 bino. I have had the same experiences with my Optika6 bino. I just recently spent 4 days archery hunting in OK and watched many nice bucks before the sun was up. For the same price, I don't think there's a bino on the market that beats the Optika6 line.
I watched this guy for at least 10 min before the sun came up on Sunday and decided he's safe for now.

https://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/DSC_0160.jpeg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
125 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,672
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.