Has anyone checked these out yet?

Thoughts?

Last edited by 338rcm; 08/22/19.
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I’m also eagerly waiting for an unpaid/unbiased review.

338rcm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Will have one on the way from Doug soon

338rcm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Received a 8x42 in the mail from Cameraland yesterday. Havent had a chance to get it outside yet. I am impressed with the build quality.The eye cups are some of the best Ive seen.

Going to the cabin over the weekend will post more thoughts after some testing

Thanks Doug for the great service !

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm interested in how this one performs.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Anyone seen a review of these yet? Outdoor Life listed them as a best buy but very little info

338rcm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Do to a ATV accident I didnt get to spend a lot of time checking these out. I will say they are one of the brightest binos I have looked through. They eye cups are the best I've used

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So here is what we know.

Good looking ( love the green), comfortable, super-bright glass, dielectric prisms, terrific eyecups....by Meopta.....at a great price.

I don't need one, I do not need one....I do not need one.....

Last edited by kenjs1; 09/11/19.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kenjs1
So here is what we know.

Good looking ( love the green), comfortable, super-bright glass, dielectric prisms, terrific eyecups....by Meopta.....at a great price.

I hear you, loud and clear. The skeptic in me says since they were made to be a notch below the Meostars, how can they be better than those? Not saying they can't, but they're less than $300!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
So here is what we know.

I hear you, loud and clear. The skeptic in me says since they were made to be a notch below the Meostars, how can they be better than those? Not saying they can't, but they're less than $300!

They are below the Meostars but they are also below the Meopros, essentially meopros without some of the lens coatings.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I meant Meopros.....thanks for the catch. I can't find a real user review anywhere on these Optikas.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
First off let me say, I do some freelance work with Meopta. I chose to work with Meopta after checking out their glass and talking to people in the company. All top shelf folks and products. I have over 100 hours in the field scouting and glassing with the Optika binos. Impressive to say the least. I love the weight and the aluminum alloy makes them easy to hold for a long time. Being able to remove the eyecups to clean the lenses is a big deal to me while hunting TX/OK and KS. The amount of light transmission is also very impressive, early morning or late evening when game is moving you'll want to be able to see more than a grey blob. I don't do any sales at all guys, I'm just here to pass along info and help you make an informed choice. For under $300 the Optika 10x42 binos are a great deal.

Here's a review you may find helpful
https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...great-option-for-budget-minded-snoopers/

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bman940; 09/12/19. Reason: sp
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The very large power change ring on the scopes is a potential problem for my set ups.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't noticed any issues with the power change ring on any of my bolt action rifles wearing an Optika6 scope. I was more concerned with the 50/56mm obj. I have been using a 3-18x56 on my Bergara and on a Rem 700 SPS .308 and there were zero issues with scope placement. On my Bergara, I used Seekins Precision Med rings and still had room to spare. The 50 is what I like in obj size for hunting. The Optika6 line is well thought out and built to handle what shooters dish out. Not a sales pitch, just the truth. Doug at cameralandNY can answer all your questions.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bman940; 09/12/19. Reason: sp
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What base under those rings?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's been so long since I got it it is whatever Bergara suggested with their rifles. I have a Meopta ZD scope on my other Bergara in 6.5 CM. It is one heck of a piece of glass but almost triple the price.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bman940; 09/12/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bman940
I have over 100 hours in the field scouting and glassing with the Optika binos. Impressive to say the least.

What other glass that we may be familiar with do they compare to optically? Thanks for the link, but that's not a user review, that's more of an infomercial.

Last edited by JGRaider; 09/12/19.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remington280
So here is what we know.

They are below the Meostars but they are also below the Meopros, essentially meopros without some of the lens coatings.

Are they really considered to be less of a performer than the Meopros or just ...assumed to be ??? I wonder. Not surprised they wouldn't advertise it as better than Meopros (if it is the case.....just musing here). I haven't read any comparison and don't own them for side by side field test. I don't suppose you have???? Would be great if you could\do\did.
I actually wonder - being newer (and advances DO happen in optics) if they actually don't perform better than the Meopros. I have tried highly touted silver coated prisms and can tell you I won't buy roofs that aren't dielectric. The Opitikas' are dielectric. Meopros silver. Make me wonder- and makes me want ......

ps Meopta....any chance you can think ...7x35?

Last edited by kenjs1; 09/12/19.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Meopta does have a MeoPro in 8x32, just FYI. Yes, the coatings are different between the MeoPro and Optika binos, but I am not sure if you can tell the difference. I let 4 guys try my MeoPRo and Optika bino's at the range 2 weeks ago and it was 2 to 2 as to which each thought was better. Of course, it was a bright hot sunshiny day too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bman940
I have over 100 hours in the field scouting and glassing with the Optika binos. Impressive to say the least.

What other glass that we may be familiar with do they compare to optically? Thanks for the link, but that's not a user review, that's more of an infomercial.

bman, I've asked you this 3 separate times, and figured you're the guy that can answer it????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (6mmbrfan, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.