Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
You boys on here like to do creative thinking I've noticed, so here is one for you to resolve in truest campfire form...

Don't get along with neighbor (nothing new there, right) but they really seem to like my property, you could even say they treat it as if were their own. After many interactions they bulldozed my tree, my survey line and "no trespassing" signs. Their construction crews drove right through the middle of my yard and used it as a parking lot to build her garage 3 feet inside her property.

I arrive and start raising hell and plotting the next phase of redneck revenge and my precious princess insists on calling the cops. I forbid this useless escalation so you know the drill, at that point she HAD to call them to prove to me that I was an idiot and she was in charge...

So the cops show up (1) and I hover but do not interact as i knew exactly what my input would lead to, bleeding, handcuffs, skinnier wallet, the usual.

There is video taken 10 minutes before his arrival of them bulldozin over the line by 50'-100', actually running over my signage on film. There is the "driveway' leading through the middle of my yard to the "parking lot". And there is the bulldozed oak tree that had been on my side by about 10 feet. There is a torn to pieces area amounting to about a half an acre of shredded yard by truck and dozer traffic.

The cop refuses to do anything about any of this, insisting it is a "Property line dispute" her survey and mine were about 4 inches different and both were obliterated by the destruction which went about 100' into my yard.

At this point I had hovered just about enough and joined in which went very south very quickly and he was threatening to arrest me within just a few minutes. It took a kind of weird turn when he offered if I ever saw a hunter on my place to call him and he would gladly arrest and prosecute the hunter.

I called over his head (which you can imagine how happy he was about that) and the sheriff backed him 100%, admitting that it was criminal trespass but refusing to do anything about it at all but quickly volunteered to arrest me on an as yet to be determined offense.

Now I KNOW how to deal with the neighbor, and have done so with incredible effectiveness.

My question: is there a way to force a useless cop to do his job and enforce the law given overwhelming and undisputed evidence??? I have come to the conclusion that no there is not. And some of this latest political stuff re-affirms my belief.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like you have your jaw set and admittedly lack basic skills in how to conduct yourself in a civilized fashion. I get angry at things as well, some that make my blood boil, but I always talk to people civilly even if I hate their guts and disagree with them 1000 percent.

I would discuss it with said neighbor and if that doesn't work then get a lawyer and take them to small claims court and demand restitution. That's about all you can do. Oh, and be polite to the judge, you catch more flies with honey. if you continue to buck the system you need in order to win this dispute, then expect the same attitude and traction as you've gotten thus far.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Your only real recourse is to sue the neighbor, and at the same time sue the city for failure to enforce. The city/township/county probably has a ordinance that prohibits structures within X distance of the property line. The trespass is obvious and the destruction is damages on top of the trespass. The city cannot walk away from obvious violation. Thay are responsible for some degree of damages. GET AN ATTORNEY.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You say youre gonna to perp some redneck revenge , where is all this happening.

Just asking

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Yes, it's civil, not criminal.

And cops have discretion. He's neither a surveyor nor a judge. It's not up to him to decide your property dispute, it's up to him to keep the peace (which, at that point, you were breaking).

Don't blame the cop for not doing SOMEONE ELSE'S job. As noted above, you need to get the city involved, let them prosecute for any civil ordinances, then file your own civil suit.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I want to know how you dealt with the neighbor!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
MOVE!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
MOVE!

It would just happen again, wherever he moves, just saying...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L

There is no city, rural acreage so most of the "legal" options go out the window. (zoning, ordinances etc.) Only thing left is county.

I thought it amazing how me leaning against the truck asking if it was illegal, (he answered yes) and then how bout you do your fguggin job was an arrest able offense but the actual offense was not. Neither he nor his boss could expand on what they were both going to arrest me for, but they both insisted they were eager to do it. And of course they did not.

And i also fail to see how me on my property taking pictures of the neighbors destroying my property was me breaking the peace but here on the campfire it all works out just fine...

MBHUNT It was classic, brutal, effective and above all 100% legal. As all the investigating parties agreed... And if this were a real campfire I would be happy as hell to amuse you with the details. There were tears, snot, wailing, and an honest to goodness white flag of surrender (which was way disgusting as it was all soaked by the snot and tears)

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's a civil and criminal matter.

If you are serious as to pursuing both or either...

1) Have your property surveyed. Have the licensed surveyor mark the line with clear stakes down the line in question. Video the damage and the signage.

2) Lawyer up. Be ready to spend a bunch. Sue the neighbor.

3) After you have reconstructed the property line, get estimates from tree and landscape places as to what they will charge to replace the damaged stuff, and repair what other damages there are. Take that dollar amount to the district attorney and file charges on the neighbor for felony destruction of private property.

4) While the legal survey stakes are in place, have a fencing crew put up a new, formidable fence. Good fences make for good neighbors.

Illustration:

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mbhunt
I want to know how you dealt with the neighbor!

Yes. Telling us the first 1/2 of the story with the ending of being happily resolved, fill us in on the outcome.

Can't do much about the cop. File a suit against his employer (City, county..) naming him. I suspect the only way the PD dept would admit their wrong doing is by force (read court judgement). If you cause enough headache in his name they might do something about him, otherwise he's probably very well insulated.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly, what did you want the cop to do?

You couldnt prove any of your claims, the line was gone.

You c couldn't prove where it or the tree was originally.

So, none of your claims amount crap.

Sucks.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
document, document, document,......then go see Judge Judy..with your neighbor

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well now, I must point out that laws differ from place to place and so does the concept of what constitutes a right and what doesn't.

So..........you are flapping in the wind here until you tell us where this all happened.

I see NO information as to where you are and to ask others what to do and not start with that is like asking what to do to make your car run better, but say NOTHING about the car at all.

I am assuming you are in the USA, but we don't actually know that. For all we know you could be posting from Mexico or Canada, or even Russia.
Such things don't just happen in 2 minutes but always have things that lead to them. You say NOTHING about pre-existing conflicts, locations, covenants, surveys, leans, public laws or easements within your area

May car is "running bad".
What should I do?

I hope you see the point here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trespassing, bad neighbor, bulldozing, property lines, shouted oaths of redneck revenge, local constabulary involved - this thread has potential for ALL kinds of 'Campfire entertainment whistle

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
The next time you get new neighbors, do not fail to introduce yourself in a fashion that they know and understand not to fu-k with you or your chit! it takes care of a lot of unforeseen bullchit for generations to come.

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know, reading your couple of posts regarding this, if I were your neighbor, I'd be thrilled to move away from you. You sound like a first class idiot.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Take it from somebody who had to learn the hard way, $,.screaming,"this is a court of lies". Gets you dragged out,stomped,and thrown in a cell to cool off.better to bite your tongue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly, what did you want the cop to do?

You couldnt prove any of your claims, the line was gone.

You c couldn't prove where it or the tree was originally.

So, none of your claims amount crap.

Sucks.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MILES58
Your only real recourse is to sue the neighbor, and at the same time sue the city for failure to enforce. The city/township/county probably has a ordinance that prohibits structures within X distance of the property line. The trespass is obvious and the destruction is damages on top of the trespass. The city cannot walk away from obvious violation. Thay are responsible for some degree of damages. GET AN ATTORNEY.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
548 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,401,021
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.