-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A good thing you ain’t in Missouri, the way i heard it is you, your neighbor, the Deputy and maybe the Sheriff too would all turn up missing eek

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It's a civil and criminal matter.

If you are serious as to pursuing both or either...

1) Have your property surveyed. Have the licensed surveyor mark the line with clear stakes down the line in question. Video the damage and the signage.

2) Lawyer up. Be ready to spend a bunch. Sue the neighbor.

3) After you have reconstructed the property line, get estimates from tree and landscape places as to what they will charge to replace the damaged stuff, and repair what other damages there are. Take that dollar amount to the district attorney and file charges on the neighbor for felony destruction of private property.

4) While the legal survey stakes are in place, have a fencing crew put up a new, formidable fence. Good fences make for good neighbors.

Illustration:

[Linked Image]

Ok this one gets pretty close to the actual issue, so i will use this one. I have been through the legal system up to the DA. The field cop wouldn't do squat in spite of

physical evidence (destruction)

video evidence from under 10 minutes before he arrived (of them operating a bulldozer 100' inside my yard)

and a confession of the neighbor (yep that oak tree was too close to my new garage so we bulldozed it and cut it up for firewood)

The blue wall meant that his sheriff backed him, so up to the head of dept is totally useless...

DA said he was not going to second guess the sheriff (which is BS cause they do it routinely by plea deals) so as i see it all criminal avenues are closed.

My only question is does this compute and did I miss any way to "force" a ticket to be written. I do not think I did.

I found it interesting that I said they broke the law, the cop said they broke the law, the neighbor admitted to doing what I said they did, and there is absolutely no recourse whatsoever, criminally.

I have no interest in civil litigation, watching her bawl, begging me to please stop was better than forcing her into bankruptcy, FAR better...

Now many of you just want entertained, as do i on the campfire, yet reading and comprehension was not heavily emphasized at your schoolin'

It is not germane to the situation but this is in the southeastern US for those naturally inquisitive sorts, no building nor set-back nor zoning violations occurred, two surveys were done, one licensed one by me parallel lines 4" apart, I actually gained 4" by the other guys work, no dispute at all about the line just which side they are allowed to destroy

I never wanted the cops called and in fact told my wife not to call them, this, of course guaranteed that she would do just that.

As soon as the law was involved many of my options for recourse went away, but the neighbor was walking in my yard and throwing rocks in it from their back fill dirt within five minutes of the cop leaving, screaming obscenities at me daring me to call him back.

I just sat with the wheels turning, mulling my options...

And just for the record even though under constant assault I was civil for several years till they set my place on fire, (stupidity not arson) at that point the civility ended

After the snot soaked surrender flag incident where she groveled and begged me to stop she has been caught ripping down signs on the next neighbor up the road, so i think you could assume there has been no epiphany where she sees the error of her ways.

Technically we have a korean style cease fire, the tear and snot soaked white flag was picked up (with sticks) and put aside (to dry out)

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Quit whining to us and get a lawyer. Your first consultation will be free.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ya clear as mud.

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Seems a garage fire is imminent. Once the cars are inside.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Trespassing, bad neighbor, bulldozing, property lines, shouted oaths of redneck revenge, local constabulary involved - this thread has potential for ALL kinds of 'Campfire entertainment whistle

Or a country song. wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Seems a garage fire is imminent. Once the cars are inside.

Beat me to it!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MAGA

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you want "justice" you're only recourse is to hire a vicious lawyer. Sitting around stewing on it may lead down a dark path.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
llamalover2

Is that last rambling post supposed to make sense?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Quit whining to us and get a lawyer.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I couldn't finish it, it was all just sputum

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by llamalover2
You boys on here like to do creative thinking I've noticed, so here is one for you to resolve in truest campfire form...

Don't get along with neighbor (nothing new there, right) but they really seem to like my property, you could even say they treat it as if were their own. After many interactions they bulldozed my tree, my survey line and "no trespassing" signs. Their construction crews drove right through the middle of my yard and used it as a parking lot to build her garage 3 feet inside her property.

I arrive and start raising hell and plotting the next phase of redneck revenge and my precious princess insists on calling the cops. I forbid this useless escalation so you know the drill, at that point she HAD to call them to prove to me that I was an idiot and she was in charge...

So the cops show up (1) and I hover but do not interact as i knew exactly what my input would lead to, bleeding, handcuffs, skinnier wallet, the usual.

There is video taken 10 minutes before his arrival of them bulldozin over the line by 50'-100', actually running over my signage on film. There is the "driveway' leading through the middle of my yard to the "parking lot". And there is the bulldozed oak tree that had been on my side by about 10 feet. There is a torn to pieces area amounting to about a half an acre of shredded yard by truck and dozer traffic.

The cop refuses to do anything about any of this, insisting it is a "Property line dispute" her survey and mine were about 4 inches different and both were obliterated by the destruction which went about 100' into my yard.

At this point I had hovered just about enough and joined in which went very south very quickly and he was threatening to arrest me within just a few minutes. It took a kind of weird turn when he offered if I ever saw a hunter on my place to call him and he would gladly arrest and prosecute the hunter.

I called over his head (which you can imagine how happy he was about that) and the sheriff backed him 100%, admitting that it was criminal trespass but refusing to do anything about it at all but quickly volunteered to arrest me on an as yet to be determined offense.

Now I KNOW how to deal with the neighbor, and have done so with incredible effectiveness.

My question: is there a way to force a useless cop to do his job and enforce the law given overwhelming and undisputed evidence??? I have come to the conclusion that no there is not. And some of this latest political stuff re-affirms my belief.

Go file a complaint with the DA, they have their own investigators and MAY investigate further.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (222ND, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 71 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,958
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.