Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What happened to the GI Bill?

the one i had in the 80's sucked ass. of course we weren't at war so theres that.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Just because there’s those that abuse the VA disability system doesn’t mean that everyone does. It also doesn’t mean that those that have made huge sacrifices for our country should suffer because there’s abuse. Fix the broken system instead of punishing those that are legitimately disabled because of their service.

I would still rather pay the student loan debt of our service men and women than reloading EBT cards for some lazy ghetto rat.

but almost everyone at the VA system thinks every disabled vet is out to milk the system, at least in my experience. I have a spine injury that was wrote off as a sprain, then DJD then the equivalent of sore muscles, and for 11 years was told by the VA that everything looks normal on my Xrays and scans. I appealed my BS rating and the nurse that gave the exam accused me of malingering. they send me to a pain mgt doc for a hernia nerve block shot, so I mention my back to him. he immediately says, wow you must be in a lot of pain, when did this happen? I told him 2006. he identified 2 herniated discs and what looked like a fracture. I mention it to my VA doc and he says "oh, umm yeah about that, we can get you in to get a shot for that too." shot wore off in 5 weeks and have more pain now than before. VA still refuses to do [bleep]. I signed up with the DAV, and they are silent, they just wanted another to add to their roles to show they were "helping vets" mean time I'm still in pain, nerve issues and temporary paralysis, etc. and the VA doesn't give 2 [bleep]. fuggem all.

My good friend Smokin'Bob broke his back (stress fracures) over three vertebrae on a parachute jump about thirty years ago. He is in pain daily and the VA rated him at 10%.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
[quote=Colorado1135][quote=AcesNeights]Just because there’s those that abuse the VA disability system doesn’t mean that everyone does. It also doesn’t mean that those that have made huge sacrifices for our country should suffer because there’s abuse. Fix the broken system instead of punishing those that are legitimately disabled because of their service.

My good friend Smokin'Bob broke his back (stress fracures) over three vertebrae on a parachute jump about thirty years ago. He is in pain daily and the VA rated him at 10%.

With the VA, it's all about range of motion. From what I can see, you have to have spinal stenosis to get anything over 20% for back/spinal cord issues.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Just because there’s those that abuse the VA disability system doesn’t mean that everyone does. It also doesn’t mean that those that have made huge sacrifices for our country should suffer because there’s abuse. Fix the broken system instead of punishing those that are legitimately disabled because of their service.

I would still rather pay the student loan debt of our service men and women than reloading EBT cards for some lazy ghetto rat.

but almost everyone at the VA system thinks every disabled vet is out to milk the system, at least in my experience. I have a spine injury that was wrote off as a sprain, then DJD then the equivalent of sore muscles, and for 11 years was told by the VA that everything looks normal on my Xrays and scans. I appealed my BS rating and the nurse that gave the exam accused me of malingering. they send me to a pain mgt doc for a hernia nerve block shot, so I mention my back to him. he immediately says, wow you must be in a lot of pain, when did this happen? I told him 2006. he identified 2 herniated discs and what looked like a fracture. I mention it to my VA doc and he says "oh, umm yeah about that, we can get you in to get a shot for that too." shot wore off in 5 weeks and have more pain now than before. VA still refuses to do [bleep]. I signed up with the DAV, and they are silent, they just wanted another to add to their roles to show they were "helping vets" mean time I'm still in pain, nerve issues and temporary paralysis, etc. and the VA doesn't give 2 [bleep]. fuggem all.

Thats what I got too! and then they withheld it for 5 or 6 years until they got the amount back I received as severance pay from the Navy, that I was taxed on (30%). I Just now got that tax returned, 11 years later thanks to congress. Apparently they realized that they really screwed us over with that one at least. my monthly disability doesn't even cover my chiropractor visits so I can get feeling back in my legs once a week. oh sure I can go to the VA whenever, but it's their rules, anything service connected is downplayed, because god forbid we have to spend an extra $200 a month on a guy the military crippled for life.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have stenosis too and they won't budge from 10%.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Good!

They’ve paid their debt many times over!

I'm in.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is disabled, and then there is the really disabled.

By military standards, every blue collar worker over 40 is some percent
disabled.

At 50, I have arthritis, sleep apnea (fat, and normal neck structure) and loss of hearing.
The right doc, using VA standards, and I would get a nice stipend. (Not a vet)

But, you eat an ibu. and go to work.

I know a young guy who got seriously hurt in the navy. Will live with some issues
forever. But, he hurts some, that's all I've seen. 100%, a pretty nice check.
He works as a welder, no different than those beside him. That's disabled?
I have watched a friend with Parkinson's shake so bad he couldnt use a full
coffee cup. It took several lawyers and years to get him disability.
He sure as crap couldnt run our machines at work. Heck, he really couldnt drive.

This deal is a nice gesture. We owe a debt of gratitude to our vets, and we are obligated
to take care of any issues they suffer while serving.

Unfortunately, as a group they are just people, as good and as bad as any other
group. So, fraud will be a part of this. Its unavoidable.

PS. We occasionally furlough guys at my work. Its temporary, a couples days to a week
at a time. By seniority, volunteers first, bottom up as needed.
Funny to watch the same guys who condemn welfare recipients, scheme and fight
to maximize their unemployment check, while avoiding having to work any more than
necessary.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I appeciate all our veterans. But, this debt forgiveness was a huge mistake. The first of many groups to be touted as deserving debt forgiveness. It will not end until the entire debt of all is at my feet to be paid. But I don't have time to complain, got to work today.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
I appeciate all our veterans. But, this debt forgiveness was a huge mistake. The first of many groups to be touted as deserving debt forgiveness. It will not end until the entire debt of all is at my feet to be paid. But I don't have time to complain, got to work today.

Respectfully, I don't think you get it.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.