Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14068104 08/22/19
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
This is the only site that I visit with this advertisement. I can't have the volume on or it will start screaming at me, and scare everyone in the room to death. I've got Ad Blockers and such, but it keeps coming back. How do I kill it?

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Its a pain Joe, even effects us down here popping up real estate ads etc. Seems to slow this old puter down badly as well as the operator

Johno

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
ad blocker gives you the opportunity to report a problem pop-up ("report issue"), then re-start your computer, should work even if you have to do it for a couple different versions of the same ad.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
And it appears to be something new and very annoying. I have to assume that who ever owns the site where this forum resides sold the advertising space and it's up to them to either retain the revenue they get from it or suffer the consequences of possibly driving away viewers (forum members) with it's annoyance. I like it how these damn things purposely pop up right in your line of sight on the screen. It's like finding the best place for your advertising on a NASCAR racer.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm not clear on the issue at all.

Are you using Edge as your browser and the ads come through there?

Microsoft keeps pushing the use of Edge and I get popups after some of the microsoft updates.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never EVER get pop-ups here or for the most part anywhere. I simply us ad-blocker plus and use webroot as my antivirus. Haven't had any issues forever.. I know, "matter of opinion".

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
How do I kill it?

High Power.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see an "Edge" pop-up on my iphone 7. Not on my PC.
Pops up in the lower right corner, kinda otta the way. I can still maneuver, but generally close it.
Only see on 24hourcampfire. I assume it will go away eventually.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I never EVER get pop-ups here or for the most part anywhere. I simply us ad-blocker plus and use webroot as my antivirus. Haven't had any issues forever.. I know, "matter of opinion".

Thank you! I just installed ad-blocker and the edge ads are gone!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hate all the dang videos that auto start here and on other sights. Our internet is via satellite and have
limited GBs per month .. videos gobble it up.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Lightfoot

Microsoft keeps pushing the use of Edge and I get popups after some of the microsoft updates.

No, Mike, something different. I asked my son if he could get rid of it, and he asked why I was using it as our browser, I said I wasn't, it just showed up. He played with the computer for a bit and said it was not Microsoft, and said he didn't know how to get rid of it. I only get it here. I'm on knife, ax,chainsaw, car collector sites and none of them get it.. The worse part is if you have the sound on, it will pop up with a video and with full volume, and the "X" to cancel it does't appear for ten seconds, then every one in the room starts yelling and throwing stuff at ya.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use Foxfire and an ad blocker just for this site and have had no problems. Before switching it was terrible!

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Originally Posted by Lightfoot

No, Mike, something different. I asked my son if he could get rid of it, and he asked why I was using it as our browser, I said I wasn't, it just showed up. He played with the computer for a bit and said it was not Microsoft, and said he didn't know how to get rid of it. I only get it here. I'm on knife, ax,chainsaw, car collector sites and none of them get it.. The worse part is if you have the sound on, it will pop up with a video and with full volume, and the "X" to cancel it does't appear for ten seconds, then every one in the room starts yelling and throwing stuff at ya.

Which internet browser are you using? Is it a windows 10 PC?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree that on an iPhone the ads are terrible, but are closed pretty easily. I've seen other ads that would take over the entire screen, so this just rates as annoying rather than show stopper.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I agree that on an iPhone the ads are terrible, but are closed pretty easily. I've seen other ads that would take over the entire screen, so this just rates as annoying rather than show stopper.

The pop-op is "Edge by UDM (Underdog Media)"

I use iphone/Safari on many websites and the only one where Edge appears is the 24hourcampfire.
My blockers are on, etc.
Wonder if Edge figured out how to piggy back an add on the campfire without going thru a blocker. ??

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't even see it any more. It's there but it isn't, know what I mean?

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had to shut down "Edge" five times in the last 3 minutes. Only on this site. What a pain for anyone who isn't computer savy. I checked prices of a certain collector car on internet and now am being informed of prices of many collector cars by "edge". Can only assume big brother is watching!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would anyone use microsoft edge? I bought this HP PC and microsoft thinks it owns it. I think their updates are 90 % of the encountered problems. And I don't use google. My search mode is "Dogpile".

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Why would anyone use microsoft edge? I bought this HP PC and microsoft thinks it owns it. I think their updates are 90 % of the encountered problems. And I don't use google. My search mode is "Dogpile".

I don't think they are talking about MS Edge but getting real details on what's happening is like pulling teeth mad

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I've been in Noxen for 3 days with no reception. It is not Microsoft Edge. As stated above, it is Edge by Underdog Media. I use google for my search engine, and Edge does not show up on any other site, just the Campfire. I guess they call it "Edge" because it pops up on the edge and bottom of the screen. Asking me for answers to computer questions is an exercise in futility. If I could answer others questions, I wouldn't have needed to ask mine. Advertisements pop up on the edge and bottom of the screen. It's a pain if you are responding to a thread, because it covers up what you are writing. The ones on the side cover up the "Top" button so you can't return to the top till you "X" it out. The one's on the side are often video's, and blast out their info and the "X" doesn't show up for several seconds, so you can't stop it.

Details:
It's only on this site.
Adds pop up on edges of screen.
Video's can't be terminated till they have half run.
Adbloker does not work.
We have Getadblock.com from the Chrome store.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 7 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,547
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.