-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The S&W 17-3 I posted pics of in the Handguns forum was purchased from an ex-Special Forces guy who lives in Alpharetta, GA. Really nice guy. He doesn't have any LGS's close that will do outgoing transfers. So, he did an internet search and found that Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, GA would do the transfer to me. Before you ask "Why didn't he just send it as a private person", I offered him that solution right out of the box and he declined.

Seller received my check Certified Mail on Monday, Aug 19. Took the gun to Adventure Outdoors first thing in the morning on Aug 20th and thought it was going out that afternoon, telling me I should receive a tracking number later on that day.

Well, no tracking number that day - Tues, the 20th. No tracking number Wed, the 21st. No tracking number Thurs, the 22nd. And finally, no tracking number this morning, Friday, the 23rd. Mind you, we've been talking all week about it. He's calling them. I'm calling him. When I called him this morning, he was at the counter asking WTF was going on. Also, It's an hour drive from his house. The azzholes had still not shipped it out!!

He held the phone out to them and asked if they wanted to explain to me why they hadn't shipped the gun out yet. Yeah, They declined. Good choice.
I should have had the gun by now and would have with any competent FFL on the other end..

Don't use those idiots for transfers. Just don't..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ouch! I recently had a M15 shipped to an FFL for a transfer, didn’t ask what the fee was just asked if they’d do it and had them send a copy to the seller. Went to pick it up and the transfer fee was $40! Wow, but after asking around I guess that’s about the going rate in this neck of the woods. May have to apply for an FFL and take on some side work after all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a gunstore here in town that overall is okay if you walk in to buy something, but never trust their promises to do something if you're not standing right there - and they're not going to do anything when you're standing right there. I've used them for a receiving FFL a few times. When you ask them to email their license or just the first three/last five digits to the selling FFL and include additional info like a gunbroker auction number or the seller's order number it's real hit or miss if they send anything out at all.

They'll write the info down on any old scrap of paper and promise to do it that day but "organization by scraps of paper" just ain't what it used to be. Had to give them up just for that.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Kid, the reason I do business where I do is because of a shop like that near me.

Jim, I feel your pain. That gunstore sounds just like that Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, GA!

Thankfully, my LGS/FFL doesn't generate any aggravation like that. They are competent folks.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My small nearby gun store where I did all my transfers has closed. I went to a local ranch supply store gun counter to inquire about the transfer fee. The guy was clueless, and suspicious of me asking about having a rifle shipped from a non ffl individual. He asked if I worked for the other gun store. I left.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
For my previous experiences, whenever a local gun shop has their hand in one of my deals....there is almost always some form of dickheadedness or assdraggery involved.

I formed a very jaded opinion of Ma and Pa Fatass Guns and Pawn.

The icing on the cake is when their 35 year old divorced still playing video games son is the quasi book keeper/office mgr.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
For my previous experiences, whenever a local gun shop has their hand in one of my deals....there is almost always some form of dickheadedness or assdraggery involved.

I formed a very jaded opinion of Ma and Pa Fatass Guns and Pawn.

The icing on the cake is when their 35 year old divorced still playing video games son is the quasi book keeper/office mgr.

We have a pawn shop not three blocks from me that does FFL transfers. The lady that owns it is on the ball and knows what she's doing re handling firearm transactions. Trouble is she lets her father and sister mind the store most of the time. The father is chatty and friendly enough but he is somewhere on the box of rocks level intellectually. The sister is kind of hot in a tatted up trailer trash sort of way but doesn't know how to work a fax machine, much less do anything else except maybe show off her tattooed boobs in low cut tops.

Have been through three FFL transfer dealers so far. This pawn shop, a local guy working out of his house who started out good but turned into a real jerk and the gun store previously mentioned. Have finally found another guy working out of his house who at least is available 6 days/week and only charges $15, $10 for veterans. Picked up a new rifle from him just yesterday morning.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I burned through a few.

Now I let Midsouth Shooters Supply.com do my transfers. There are here in my hometown, and I'm a local counter customer. My transfers are $10, my background is $10

fedex and ups are going and coming once a day already there anyway. I think that in itself is where the delays are manifesting themselves. No one wants to deal with the shipping counters across town.

I don't know about other places, but for example- our UPS hub. They have some jive bullchit that they only accept packages from 7:30am-9am. Or some crap like that.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by local_dirt
The S&W 17-3 I posted pics of in the Handguns forum was purchased from an ex-Special Forces guy who lives in Alpharetta, GA. Really nice guy. He doesn't have any LGS's close that will do outgoing transfers. So, he did an internet search and found that Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, GA would do the transfer to me. Before you ask "Why didn't he just send it as a private person", I offered him that solution right out of the box and he declined.

Seller received my check Certified Mail on Monday, Aug 19. Took the gun to Adventure Outdoors first thing in the morning on Aug 20th and thought it was going out that afternoon, telling me I should receive a tracking number later on that day.

Well, no tracking number that day - Tues, the 20th. No tracking number Wed, the 21st. No tracking number Thurs, the 22nd. And finally, no tracking number this morning, Friday, the 23rd. Mind you, we've been talking all week about it. He's calling them. I'm calling him. When I called him this morning, he was at the counter asking WTF was going on. Also, It's an hour drive from his house. The azzholes had still not shipped it out!!

He held the phone out to them and asked if they wanted to explain to me why they hadn't shipped the gun out yet. Yeah, They declined. Good choice.
I should have had the gun by now and would have with any competent FFL on the other end..

Don't use those idiots for transfers. Just don't..

Been there and did business with them back in 02-03-04 , their '''gunsmith''' reddish haired fella told me of his great skill in trigger jobs when I bought a cz 221 fireball there . Told him i'd see if i could adjust it after a cleaning - adjusted down just fine .
Asked him if he could lighten the trigger on a marlin 22mag - yes - no problem - got a call it was finished - he wanted $25 more than the $75 agreement price - i said no we had a deal . Took it to the range to sight it in - it fired when the safety was turned off glad it was aimed downrange . Had to hold my finger behind the trigger when taking the safety off . '''Gunsmith''' took no resposibility for the hack job .
Other than that it was a good place .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Are you a high school dropout between the ages of 17 and 77?

Learn a new career being a gunsmith.

Special classes for slow learners.

lol

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Sounds like how the local Napa operates since it sold!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I wouldn't advise using them as a source for transfers. They are a huge 80,000 sq ft., mega gun store. Just too busy and big to worry much about that sort of thing. Smaller stores are a much better option than them. But if you want to look at, or buy guns or accessories at good prices they are a top notch place.

https://adventureoutdoors.us/

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He should have gone to B & B Outdoors about 5 minutes from his house. Good guys that do my transfers.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Do they still know where the gun is?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some dealers are charging up to $50 to receive a gun and do a transfer.
They see that as a lost sale, and an opportunity to make an equivalent profit.

The hardware/gunship I use charges $12. Total. Its really not enough in my opinion,
But I like it. When I have had two guns or receivers shipped, they don't even charge
for both. Some do. They deserve a plug for anyone in the area.

True Value, Everett Pa.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 48 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.