Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Planning a fishing trip to Alaska for King Salmon/Halibut next summer. Spoke to a few guides and outfitters. When is the best week for big King Salmon on the Kenai? What Captains specialize in the huge Halibut? Does anyone have experience with Alaska Fish On Charters? What’s the cheapest route to get extra fish home? If we wanted to stay an extra day, can we work a deal with a captain to go out last minute for Halibut? Any advice welcome. I’m sure I’ve missed plenty of things. Lol

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I wouldn’t be looking at the Kenai for kings, big or otherwise. And the KP isn’t where I’d look for “big” halibut either.
I’ve been gone for almost three years but I don’t think it’s gotten any better in those areas. The guys living there will be better able to give you specifics. I know they catch some big halibut out at Dutch and down SE. wouldn’t know where to point you for kings but it probably won’t be the same place as the big halibut.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PM sent

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that sounds like a plan, I am aiming for Aug. 2020!!

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kid0917
PM sent

Send me a note too. LOL

OTOH I"m always looking for a place for the biggest kings, biggest halibut, on short notice, CHEAP, with CHEAP shipping. Yep.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 30Herrett
When is the best week for big King Salmon on the Kenai?

There is run data from previous years available, but the short answer is, the best week for ANY salmon run is always the week before you got there. smile Enjoy your trip, don't be unhappy if you don't get a 60 lb king and a 250 lb halibut. I was fortunate and blessed to live in AK for 6 years, it is a special place and I miss it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Timing and run size sure seems altered from historical data.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've fished here off and on since 86. I've not caught a 60 or a 250.... And very possibly never will if I'd be a betting man.

OTOH I do NEED the info where I can roll in and step out and shoot a 65 or wider moose please. I will be upset if I can't. Legally that is...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by rost495
I've fished here off and on since 86. I've not caught a 60 or a 250.... And very possibly never will if I'd be a betting man.

OTOH I do NEED the info where I can roll in and step out and shoot a 65 or wider moose please. I will be upset if I can't. Legally that is...

Some people just suck at their hobbies, you being one of them. It’s ok as long as you have fun.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WDH

Some people just suck at their hobbies, you being one of them. It’s ok as long as you have fun.

Other people suck at life, you being one of them. Good luck.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Originally Posted by WDH

Worth repeating!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Originally Posted by WDH

Worth repeating!

Just sayin.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WDH

Just curious and not wanting to start a pissing match but I have a serious question.......What prompted your comment to Rost? Why would you be disrespectful or mean? Rost is one of the good guys and his contributions here don’t warrant the response you posted. What am I missing?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by WDH

Just curious and not wanting to start a pissing match but I have a serious question.......What prompted your comment to Rost? Why would you be disrespectful or mean? Rost is one of the good guys and his contributions here don’t warrant the response you posted. What am I missing?

Wadda
Dick
Head

WDH is a worthless piece of chit that has no value to the forum other than to be a nego-bitch and snipe at members.

The only thing you may be missing is any of his previous posts?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve seen some of his posts before and I thought his issue was with Art for whatever reason but then I saw his response to Rost and was wondering what was up with him.

ETA.....I don’t mean to imply that Art had it coming.......but he did. 😂. Just kidding of course, I enjoy Art’s contribution here.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 08/24/19.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ve seen some of his posts before and I thought his issue was with Art for whatever reason but then I saw his response to Rost and was wondering what was up with him.

ETA.....I don’t mean to imply that Art had it coming.......but he did. 😂. Just kidding of course, I enjoy Art’s contribution here.

WDH is still butthurt because he got corrected on a couple of his "facts" and he is also an AOD sycophant and as clueless as they come. I have him on ignore and only see his idiocy when someone confuses him with being worth stepping over rather than on.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WDH is a dick and I will call him out on every post I can. When someone has nothing to add they should just keep their mouths shut.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Big salmon and huge halibut. Everyone wants that when they head for Alaska. I was lucky enough to spend about six weeks up there this summer. One day I was fishing for grayling off the Denali Highway. I was catching a ton of tiny ones and the biggest were about 11 inches. I was kind of thinking that I sure wish the fish were bigger. I stepped away from the creek for a couple minutes and took a couple scenery pictures. I took a minute to look around at the spectacular beauty around me and kind of did a reboot. I thought, "you are fishing for wild grayling in an unnamed creek in the middle of the most beautiful country you've ever seen and you are in Alaska!" Suddenly the size of the fish didn't matter and I spent the rest of my time up there just soaking in the experience. I caught some good fish too but after my reboot, that wasn't nearly as important.

Just focus on the experience of being there and you will have a ball! Maybe you will even catch a big king or a huge halibut and that will just be icing on the cake.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Timing and run size sure seems altered from historical data.

maybe Comey's FBI was in charge on those records , for a while.
LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 64 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,367
Posts18,469,093
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.