Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Ruth says she's planning on five more years. Go Ruth, just to spite these guys.

I admire the quality of her work and her intentions even if she reaches the wrong conclusions. Jurisprudence without counterpoint really is tyranny.

You clearly don't think her conclusions are wrong. I'd say you agree with her opinions across the board.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love the smell of toast in the morning.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Probably get flamed for this but man, there are some harsh comments in this thread.

I will never agree with her politics but I watched the RBG movie (documentary, whatever you want to call it) and she is a pretty remarkable lady for what fighting for women's rights and rights of everyone.

I will reiterate, I WILL NEVER AGREE WITH HER POLITICS but if you watch the show I don't know how you can not at least respect her journey.

My wife told me to watch it and I refused until I was bored out of my mind on a plane but I gained a lot of respect for that lady.

I am a closed minded SOB but man, that gal is a frigging bulldog and I wish no ill will to her.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You're supposed to get paid for your service, Jeff. None would like the price.

No doubt. The ethics question was more involved than I let on. "Knowing what we know know, if you were in practice in 1935 and one of those malevolent villains came to you for treatment, and you were the only one that had the ability to treat for X, would you do it?" Of course none of the Jews said would treat Hitler, but one of the Jewish Deans loved my answer and let me off the hook for being a smart ass. Especially since I said I'd see all three! Dean said history and humanity would have ever be in my debt. Also pointed out that I'd have shot without a trail.. smile smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
After thinking about my original post, I have to admit, it was a reactionary comment based on emotion and not very well thought out.
After having time to consider I would like to apologize, and edit my original post.

I would like to ammend it to add, Kagan, Sotomayor, Breyer and sometimes Roberts also.
Hurry up you [bleep] libs! Trump only has 5 more years to fill your spots!

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
[Linked Image]

Last edited by renegade50; 08/23/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
After thinking about my original post, I have to admit, it was a reactionary comment based on emotion and not very well thought out.
After having time to consider I would like to apologize, and edit my original post.

I would like to ammend it to add, Kagan, Sotomayor, Breyer and sometimes Roberts also.

That's the spirit! smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Amen.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes

Probably get flamed for this but man, there are some harsh comments in this thread.

I will never agree with her politics but I watched the RBG movie (documentary, whatever you want to call it) and she is a pretty remarkable lady for what fighting for women's rights and rights of everyone.

I will reiterate, I WILL NEVER AGREE WITH HER POLITICS but if you watch the show I don't know how you can not at least respect her journey.

My wife told me to watch it and I refused until I was bored out of my mind on a plane but I gained a lot of respect for that lady.

I am a closed minded SOB but man, that gal is a frigging bulldog and I wish no ill will to her.

Yeah she fought for women’s rights. You can respect the baby murderer all you want. I’ll pass.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ruth has ruled against the best interests of our country ever since she got on the Supreme Court.

She has also been unable to perform her duties as a SC Justice due her her failing health and mental deterioration.

Obviously she is NOT planning on stepping down, but rather further subvert what a real SC Justice should be doing in her capacity.

She has NO intention on leaving that office alive. She is poking us in the eye with every breath she takes.

You or I didn't "Wish this on her"... If you think one person can magically "wish" that on another, then you need to take a long hard look at your beliefs...

So knowing that she absolutely CANNOT fulfill the office, and WILL NOT leave it when she should....

I do NOT back up from wishing she would HURRY UP!

I don't in the least wish her well. That ship has sailed.

Like her brethren John McCain that stayed in office until he died, just because he could,... doesn't mean that they SHOULD.

Hurry Up, Ruth!

Godspeed.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I respect the men and women that go into harms way to defend Americans and the U.S. Constitution. Some bitch on the supreme Court that would strip me of constitutionally guaranteed rights if given half a chance? No......Respect is not the word I would choose to describe my feelings towards her.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Ruth has ruled against the best interests of our country ever since she got on the Supreme Court.

She has also been unable to perform her duties as a SC Justice due her her failing health and mental deterioration.

Obviously she is NOT planning on stepping down, but rather further subvert what a real SC Justice should be doing in her capacity.

She has NO intention on leaving that office alive. She is poking us in the eye with every breath she takes.

You or I didn't "Wish this on her"... If you think one person can magically "wish" that on another, then you need to take a long hard look at your beliefs...

So knowing that she absolutely CANNOT fulfill the office, and WILL NOT leave it when she should....

I do NOT back up from wishing she would HURRY UP!

I don't in the least wish her well. That ship has sailed.

Like her brethren John McCain that stayed in office until he died, just because he could,... doesn't mean that they SHOULD.

Hurry Up, Ruth!

Godspeed.

Godspeed, indeed.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by hatari

That's the spirit! smile

Atta boy!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RicG
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Boys, I dislike Ginsberg too, but I'd never wish cancer on anyone. I've seen it at work in my family and with friends. Cancer takes no prisoners, friend or foe.

L.W.

Very well stated!

+1

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I am currently undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer, the 10% cure rate is about right. I was given a year in June. The Chemo has slowed things down but I doubt it will cure it. With that said Ruthie should retire now Chemo sure doesn't help the thinking process any.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
They proly got her a new pancrease from some chinese prisoner

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Pancreatic cancer got my grandmas last husband. Good man he was. Took over a yr......blessed w an almost painless demise. More like he just ran out of gas.
Odd....but sometimes it happens that way.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rimfire
I am currently undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer, the 10% cure rate is about right. I was given a year in June. The Chemo has slowed things down but I doubt it will cure it. With that said Ruthie should retire now Chemo sure doesn't help the thinking process any.

Sorry to hear that, rimfire. You're in my prayers.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
. . . If she was to pass soon there would be A LOT of foot dragging on nomination/approval. It will be a very dirty process for everyone involved.

Not so fast my friends . . . Let not your hearts be troubled . . . Ye believe in Trump? Believe also in Grahamesty and The Turtle! . . . This is where we remind everyone how old Harry Reid triggered the nuclear option, back in 2011, which forever will doom democrats to the trash heap of foreseeable history.

Reid triggers ‘nuclear option’ to change Senate rules, end repeat filibusters

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Ruth says she's planning on five more years. Go Ruth, just to spite these guys.

I admire the quality of her work and her intentions even if she reaches the wrong conclusions. Jurisprudence without counterpoint really is tyranny.

You clearly don't think her conclusions are wrong. I'd say you agree with her opinions across the board.

And you would be dead wrong. I enjoy and learn from the discourse. Old axiom: From heat comes light.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

618 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 75 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,311
Posts18,449,194
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.