Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by DMc
The police are on the way now. I'm reporting the whole thing.

Good! Get it on record and do what you can possibly do to protect those little tikes. Once someone has been in there, they might be telling how easy it is to others with worse intentions.

^^^This^^^

Sounds like to me they were watching your house.

They’d be some dead mofo’s if I saw them in my neighborhood again.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
You need to get something like the "Ring" system. Door bell and cameras that alert your phone.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Sorry, it’s not adding up to me.

Perp sneaks into house and steals an iPhone, presumably to sell it. Perp who stole the phone wouldn’t go to the trouble of stealing it to throw it away.

iPhones have a password and some have fingerprint ID in order to use the phone for anything except dialling 911. So how did they call you? And how did they know you were the right one to call?

You're assuming they broke in for a cell phone. Probably not.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have 6 game cameras around my place. Walmart here has Tasco 8 megapixl for 28.00 they do good in the day light but are so so at night, they have 10 megapixl for 38 that do good day or night. I put mine 10 ft up a tree cause most dirt bags dont/wont look up. All ya need is a small limb to tilt it in the angle ya want. Glad the Lil ones are ok.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Doesn't sound to me like they "broke" in. Sounds like they walked in through an unlocked door. Some kid the grandson knows is the most likely culprit but since nobody knows that for sure at this point, it's better to be safe than sorry. The OP is getting it on record with the PD. Good first step. Second get a security system. While this is going on, teach those kids about situational awareness no matter where they are.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Sorry, it’s not adding up to me.

Perp sneaks into house and steals an iPhone, presumably to sell it. Perp who stole the phone wouldn’t go to the trouble of stealing it to throw it away.

iPhones have a password and some have fingerprint ID in order to use the phone for anything except dialling 911. So how did they call you? And how did they know you were the right one to call?

You're assuming they broke in for a cell phone. Probably not.

Lots of assumptions, including that someone broke in. Maybe sister was pissed at brother for not turning off his phone, pocketed it, and left it at the bus stop. Someone found it there, took it thinking they could pawn it, realized it was locked, then discarded it where the homeless folks found it and used Siri to call.

Hopefully it will turn out to be something less nefarious than what is being postulated...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did the granddaughter take the phone and chuck it out the bus window because she was pissed at him for some reason? That's very possible.

Alternate theory #1.

Number two is that the boy had the phone in his pack, pocket, whatever and it fell out on the way to school / at school.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Did the granddaughter take the phone and chuck it out the bus window because she was pissed at him for some reason? That's very possible.

Alternate theory #1.

Number two is that the boy had the phone in his pack, pocket, whatever and it fell out on the way to school / at school.

# 2 is not possible because the phone was gone before the boy left for school.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
The homeless couple didn't "find" the phone....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Alternate theory #1.

Sure it is. Phone was missing. Who the heck knows where it was. We are talking 10 and 12 year old kids here. My wife can loose her cell phone nearly anywhere ... and if the ringer is turned off the alarm will still go off but you won’t locate it by calling it.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe

PREZACTLY!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Maybe sister was pissed at brother for not turning off his phone, pocketed it, and left it at the bus stop. Someone found it there, took it thinking they could pawn it, realized it was locked, then discarded it where the homeless folks found it and used Siri to call.

I don't use siri or any of that automated crap so I have no idea, but I would think that you could not even access siri without unlocking the phone. Or, if you COULD access siri on a locked phone, then how could you tell it to call someone in the address book? How the hell does this stuff work?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by ingwe

PREZACTLY!!!

Okay, say that's the case, and I think the implication is the homeless folks stole the phone themselves. If so, then why did they bother to call Dave later? Why even bother at all? And more mysteriously, he says nothing else was missing. Just the damned phone. Why??? And why???

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[
Hopefully it will turn out to be something less nefarious than what is being postulated...

AMEN. I hope so too.

I would not rest until this was resolved.

I once spent an entire summer tracking down the ass bags that stole my tools and fishing tackle out of my shop when I lived in town. I was obsessed with finding the ones who did it. When I did, a detective called me at work to thank me for solving 27 burglaries in the county. Lots of people got their schitt back.

I cannot imagine if someone messed with my granddaughter!

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
The police are on the way now. I'm reporting the whole thing.

Granddaughter was last one to handle the phone and you called the police?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Alternate theory #1.

Sure it is. Phone was missing. Who the heck knows where it was. We are talking 10 and 12 year old kids here. My wife can loose her cell phone nearly anywhere ... and if the ringer is turned off the alarm will still go off but you won’t locate it by calling it.

His alarm went off that morning and the granddaughter turned it off.

DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Doesn't sound to me like they "broke" in. Sounds like they walked in through an unlocked door. Some kid the grandson knows is the most likely culprit but since nobody knows that for sure at this point, it's better to be safe than sorry. The OP is getting it on record with the PD. Good first step. Second get a security system. While this is going on, teach those kids about situational awareness no matter where they are.

The problem with "some kid getting the phone" is that it ended up 7 1/2 miles away in a ghetto neighborhood!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Maybe sister was pissed at brother for not turning off his phone, pocketed it, and left it at the bus stop. Someone found it there, took it thinking they could pawn it, realized it was locked, then discarded it where the homeless folks found it and used Siri to call.

I don't use siri or any of that automated crap so I have no idea, but I would think that you could not even access siri without unlocking the phone. Or, if you COULD access siri on a locked phone, then how could you tell it to call someone in the address book? How the hell does this stuff work?

It depends on how you have your settings configured. If you allow Siri to work on a locked home screen so that you can call people without having to unlock it, they could easily do this. The screen could read “missed call Papa” from when he tried to call the phone and they could just hit the home button to access Siri and say “call papa.”

DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Alternate theory #1.

Sister has no ill intentions for her brother whatsoever. The phone was on his bed when I took her to the bus stop. The phone was gone when I got home and WOKE her brother up to get ready for school. His bus comes 45 minutes after hers.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
DMc,
Have you checked to see if location services was enabled on the phone? If so, you or someone who knows how can track where that phone was. I promise you, if it was, apple knows everywhere that phone has been in the last 18 hours.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (1234, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.