Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Eley subsonic hollow point, and never look back. Very accurate in almost every gun I have ever tried it in

^ Could not agree more. I’ve gone to them pretty much exclusively for everything.

I shoot a lot of jackrabbits. This summer I found myself out in the middle of the desert with nothing but round nose after leaving my regular Eley SS HP hunting ammo back at the house. I pretty quickly found out just how poor a substitute round nose is for jacks which would normally drop like being struck by lightning when hit with the Eley. Eley makes an unmistakable solid “WHOP!” sound on impact and just floors them. The solids just maimed and wounded and required multiple hits to put them down. I will never use them again on live game.

Try Winchester Power Points- you won't be disappointed in the terminal results.... I have found the bullets laying on the ground next to dead critters and quite often they are flattened out about the size of a nickel. I've used them up to coyotes and they are very effective....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Sheister
Eley subsonic hollow point, and never look back. Very accurate in almost every gun I have ever tried it in

^ Could not agree more. I’ve gone to them pretty much exclusively for everything.

I shoot a lot of jackrabbits. This summer I found myself out in the middle of the desert with nothing but round nose after leaving my regular Eley SS HP hunting ammo back at the house. I pretty quickly found out just how poor a substitute round nose is for jacks which would normally drop like being struck by lightning when hit with the Eley. Eley makes an unmistakable solid “WHOP!” sound on impact and just floors them. The solids just maimed and wounded and required multiple hits to put them down. I will never use them again on live game.

Try Winchester Power Points- you won't be disappointed in the terminal results.... I have found the bullets laying on the ground next to dead critters and quite often they are flattened out about the size of a nickel. I've used them up to coyotes and they are very effective....

Bob

Used to use them all the time back when they were still Australian. I switched to quality SS, Euro made ammo pretty much exclusively many years ago and it’s all I use now in all my rimfires. Eley, SK, Wolf, etc. they shoot so well and they’re so quiet, there’s no need for anything else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sheister

Bob

Used to use them all the time back when they were still Australian. I switched to quality SS, Euro made ammo pretty much exclusively many years ago and it’s all I use now in all my rimfires. Eley, SK, Wolf, etc. they shoot so well and they’re so quiet, there’s no need for anything else.

I found it depends on the rifle if the USA made Power Points are going to be acceptably accurate. In my 52B, the Australian PP's would consistently shoot .2-.3" at 50 yards. The new ones will usually print around .5" at 50. In some of my rifles, they are all over the place, but for some reason all my Winchesters seem to like them- my 69A's, 75 Sporter, and my 52C will usually put them into .5" -.7" all day long. My other rimfires seem to not like them quite as much. But even in the Winchesters I have found they aren't nearly as consistent at 100 as the old Australian produced PP were...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I only shoot hp on game...

Molon Labe
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

432 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 2,017 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.