Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ha! No money bet on them as I was too young at them time to have any money. Did see lots of money change hands on Chicken Fights in Oklahoma. Never bet on them though.

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Do not own any dogs at the moment. Never did own a pit bull either. Been around them a lot though and none of them bit anybody, however, if a stray dog came around the fight was on.

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

God I love this place.

Soooooo, how many do you own?

Fair enough.

"the fight was on" eh? You win any money on those fights?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
......... Most dogs were just doing their job, protecting their turf, and you have to respect that.
Agreed, but the low income neighborhood my cows are pastures near had an abundance of Chow, Alaskan Husky/Malamute, Pit Bull and others that liked to gang up and chase cattle and kill fawns. Kind of like wolves. They were basically feeding themselves and living off the land. The owners weren't much into buying Purina Dog Chow. Over 30 years we've eliminated about 6 or 7 dozen and it has been months since we have had a cow chasing incident that I know of. I see the poor dogs now tied out on chains. The dogs usually start by following the cows around and eating the milk curd excrement the calves leave but they graduate to packing up and becoming aggressive toward the cattle. No cow can fight off or outrun 2 or 3 determined big dogs. Lead or Conibear is the only solution.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not the breed

Big softies

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Naaaa,,, hell no it ain't the breed, and the Easter Bunny is real.

2016 dog bite fatality stats
[Linked Image]

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
Naaaa,,, hell no it ain't the breed, and the Easter Bunny is real.

2016 dog bite fatality stats
[Linked Image]

Hey man, that goose poofter above you says they are misunderstood.

Don't tell me you aren't a believer.

Bet he really loves his dogs!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by stevelyn
The dog breed of peace......

I’m guessing the pepper spray they all carry didn’t work.

Pepper spray doesn't work well on dogs. They don't like it, but it doesn't seem to affect them like most people. An 870 with 00 shot on the other hand....

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Well, you must be special as all I did was post some factual information and you have become "pit bullish" by attacking me.

As others have asked me I will ask you: how many pit bulls do you own and why why it is the pits that are killing/maiming people? See if you can provide a coherent response with applicable data/facts to support it. OR, you could continue to pull [bleep] out your ass like usual.

Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
How come I hit ignore on Marley7x57 and he still shows on this page? I have a low tolerance for stupid after 23 years of corrections. I would like to have some peace from people who are stupid in a NO STUPID ZONE. What is up?Is he SPECIAL? Is his name ED??? Rusty

lmao

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wrong. It IS, the breed. They simply can't be trusted.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
The dog breed of peace......

No. It's the breed of pieces.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Really cool presentation...now explain why it is the pits that are killing/maiming people.

Super simple

1. Being the most popular dog "breed", or close enough to it
2. Being big enough to kill people

Usually you see statistics which say labs, retrievers and German shepherds are the most popular breed. But those stats are coming from the American Kennel Club and they're only counting registered owners of purebreds.

According to the AKC the Chinese Shar-Pei, Coton de Tulears, Samoyeds and Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs are all more popular than the "pit bull" breeds, so you know their stats are wonky.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
sure wish mine wouldn't have decided to attack me after 7 yrs, he was never treated bad. he screwed up though, i was tougher than him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Marley, you are FOS.

There are many breeds, I repeat for someone stupid, many breeds that are well known for not being biters, and it is quite doubtful that you could find a single example of them killing another dog, much less a person. That is a single example in history, not in a year or even a ten year period.

Go find another forum to spread BS in, this one is notably intolerant of fugging idiots.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Really cool presentation...now explain why it is the pits that are killing/maiming people.

Super simple

1. Being the most popular dog "breed", or close enough to it
2. Being big enough to kill people

Usually you see statistics which say labs, retrievers and German shepherds are the most popular breed. But those stats are coming from the American Kennel Club and they're only counting registered owners of purebreds.

According to the AKC the Chinese Shar-Pei, Coton de Tulears, Samoyeds and Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs are all more popular than the "pit bull" breeds, so you know their stats are wonky.

Ӻuck off hawk, your game is shewing.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Only good pit is a dead pit

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by nugget
Only good pit is a dead pit

Not so, there are plenty of good pits here, they are kept in cages and used for holding pigs. Only halfwits let them roam.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your statistics are skewed. 100% of killing machine owners had either a criminal record or a traffic ticket. (Ok, please raise your hand if you have NEVER gotten a traffic ticket? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone? Bueller? Hello? I didn't think so.) OF COURSE THEY HAVE HAD A TRAFFIC TICKET!
Are little dogs more prone to biting? Bank on it, it's their only real defense. HOWEVER, the damage done is FAR less, and a swift kick to the head will stop every one of them in thier tracks, (when they recover, 30' away.) Pitbulls are a much bigger problem, and they do not stop.so WHEN they snap, someone dies.
They are bred as weapons, trained as weapons, and should be treated as weapons.
Now, if it's true that the owner is the problem with a pitbull, then it should be ok to shoot the owner to stop the dog attack? I mean, that the problem with an "evil gun" is the person behind it, so the same should be true of the pitbull, right? The dog is blameless right? Like the gun itself is blameless? So it follows, that pitbull owners should be shot when thier dogs attack. Gotcha, works for me.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
False Equivalency but good try.

Originally Posted by kellory
Your statistics are skewed. 100% of killing machine owners had either a criminal record or a traffic ticket. (Ok, please raise your hand if you have NEVER gotten a traffic ticket? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone? Bueller? Hello? I didn't think so.) OF COURSE THEY HAVE HAD A TRAFFIC TICKET!
Are little dogs more prone to biting? Bank on it, it's their only real defense. HOWEVER, the damage done is FAR less, and a swift kick to the head will stop every one of them in thier tracks, (when they recover, 30' away.) Pitbulls are a much bigger problem, and they do not stop.so WHEN they snap, someone dies.
They are bred as weapons, trained as weapons, and should be treated as weapons.
Now, if it's true that the owner is the problem with a pitbull, then it should be ok to shoot the owner to stop the dog attack? I mean, that the problem with an "evil gun" is the person behind it, so the same should be true of the pitbull, right? The dog is blameless right? Like the gun itself is blameless? So it follows, that pitbull owners should be shot when thier dogs attack. Gotcha, works for me.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Last edited by Hondo64d; 08/24/19.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well, apparently not as you are posting here. You must also be a mamma's boy as you have not seen what a pack of dogs will do to another. Go get some titty milk and go to bed.

Originally Posted by MILES58
Marley, you are FOS.

There are many breeds, I repeat for someone stupid, many breeds that are well known for not being biters, and it is quite doubtful that you could find a single example of them killing another dog, much less a person. That is a single example in history, not in a year or even a ten year period.

Go find another forum to spread BS in, this one is notably intolerant of fugging idiots.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

297 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 43 invisible), 1,626 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,438
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.