Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#14074478 08/24/19
Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A few weeks back I asked here about a good copper remover, several mentioned wipeout,

Ordered a can and gave it a go,

Never seen patches come out so clean with so little effort involved......

Soak time of an hour, the 4th patch through was almost snow white, like haven't seen patches that clean in a long time....

On my 2nd rifle, I did have some wipeout come out the gas port,,,,
I'm using a boreguide from the bore pushing towards the muzzle,

any other tips on the best way to apply this stuff?

Would rather not have cleaners running down my stock and so forth,

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Clear flexible tube with an outside diameter slightly larger than neck diameter. Shove the tube through ejection port and lodge as far forward in the chamber as possible. Deploy wipeout and have a beer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Same advice as above. They also sell one as a nozzle/tube combo that fits on the wipeout can. I believe Midway and/or Brownells sells them, and maybe other places as well.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yep, Capt Craig is right, I got mine from Midway, its a most handy little tool 👍.....Hb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They sell a roughly one foot adapter . I throw away the tubing that came with it and buy a few feet of clear tubing at Lowes and change it out on a regular basis. The adapter stops at the chamber throat.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The foam works great but it gets everywhere. I now use wipe-out patch-out. No more foam with the same great results. I leave it in the barrel for 24 hours.

[Linked Image]

You ain't about that life.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Been using it for years, wonderful stuff! I like to use it on a new rifle before shooting it. then I wet the bore with a rod/soaked patch with EezOx. let dry overnight, then run a Boresnake through it. I shoot one, run a wet/EezOx Boresnake through and repeat for five. that's my break in. Works wonderful! Have a ball pard! Butch's Bore shine, CR10, etc, they work but too messy for me anymore, ha.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I also have been using it for years... I was AMAZED at the crap that I got out of a "CLEAN" barrel. On one rifle that was "clean" I actually got better groupings after getting all the stuff out with wipeout.

As an aside, I use the straws from McDonalds put on the foam can to stick into my bolt guns/leveractions with great success.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
The foam works great but it gets everywhere. I now use wipe-out patch-out. No more foam with the same great results. I leave it in the barrel for 24 hours.

[Linked Image]

They even make an excelerator if your in a hurry. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just curious how much are ya'll paying for a bottle of Wipe-Out? I ask as I got a good deal on a Gunslick version I believe of it three years ago that is 3 times the size of a bottle of Wipe-Out for $7.99 or so I believe. I have been really happy with it, so I stocked up on it. Well, the earthquake that hit in November here knocked it all off my shelf and ruined my last unused can of it. I can't even find what I bought around here anymore, but I have seen Wipe-Out in most gun stores of late, but it's at least $15 a bottle. I'll probably go ahead and buy some though. Just curious what most in the lower 48 are paying for it.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hudge
Just curious how much are ya'll paying for a bottle of Wipe-Out? I ask as I got a good deal on a Gunslick version I believe of it three years ago that is 3 times the size of a bottle of Wipe-Out for $7.99 or so I believe. I have been really happy with it, so I stocked up on it. Well, the earthquake that hit in November here knocked it all off my shelf and ruined my last unused can of it. I can't even find what I bought around here anymore, but I have seen Wipe-Out in most gun stores of late, but it's at least $15 a bottle. I'll probably go ahead and buy some though. Just curious what most in the lower 48 are paying for it.

Heres a two pack........

https://www.amazon.com/Gunslick-920...;qid=1566756561&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Heres a single.........3x the amount of wipeout for similar price and works just as good........atleast for those who have compared them side by side with equal rounds fired, same gun, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Gunslick-920...a1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've been using wipe out and bore tech eliminator for years. I have a big piece of cardboard on the floor of my gun room. I'll plug the chamber of a rifle with large patches and then foam the bore with wipeout and lay the gun on the cardboard overnight. The next day I'll patch it out. I use bore tech for quicker jobs.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve heard the “messy” complaint about Wipe Out several times. Here’s how I use it.

Place the rifle in the cradle with the barrel as level as possible. Remove the bolt and insert a good quality bore guide with an o-ring that seals the chamber. (Sinclair makes one, any chambering). Cover the stock with waterproof material under the bore guide. I then lay a paper towel on top of the waterproof material. Insert the nozzle of the Wipe Out foam can over the muzzle. Push button and apply foam until it comes out of the end of the bore guide. Lift the paper towel from the stock cover while at the same time wiping any excess foam from the rear of the bore guide. Allow the foam to soak in the barrel (in my case, usually overnight). Use your cleaning rod thru the bore guide with dry patches to “wipe out” the throat and barrel. No fuss, no mess. Easy !

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
could not have said it any better, if in a hurry use bore-tech. and if really bad Montana copper killer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My guns must be dirty as heck then. I've used Wipeout and the accelerator until the patches came out clean and then for schitts and giggles ran some JB Bore though the barrel and it comes out black as heck. I'm working on a CZ 527 in .223 right now using Sweet's and alternating with JB and its the same thing. Let it soak for 15 minutes, dry patch it out then a little JB. Repeat. Maybe I need some Montana cleaner.

I've gotten several rifles clean down bare metal before, but it was a long process.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DubThomas
My guns must be dirty as heck then. I've used Wipeout and the accelerator until the patches came out clean and then for schitts and giggles ran some JB Bore though the barrel and it comes out black as heck. I'm working on a CZ 527 in .223 right now using Sweet's and alternating with JB and its the same thing. Let it soak for 15 minutes, dry patch it out then a little JB. Repeat. Maybe I need some Montana cleaner.

I've gotten several rifles clean down bare metal before, but it was a long process.

JB will always show BLACK...........I'd stop before you sand down all your rifling......haha

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DubThomas

After you get done with the JB and have everything cleaned up run some more JB thru it and see what happens. 😁

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
JB will always come out black no matter how clean the bore is. That is just how it breaks down.. Wipeout is good stuff. I put my gun in a cradle rest take out the bolt and using the piece of clear tubing I push tight in the chamber and give a shot until it comes out of the muzzle. Wait for all of the pressure to subside and remove the tubing and run a bore mop of chamber size into the chamber for any loose stuff remove slowly and wipe off with a rag. Then wipe the excess off at the muzzle. Raise the butt stock a couple of inches and prop something under to hold it there and place a can under the muzzle. As the foam melts the liquid drips out of the barrel and into the can. Leave overnight and patch the next day and clean! If not I patch it and give it another shot. Works very well and no muss or fuss. Only way I clean anymore. I also treat my bores with bore coat and they clean super easy.

Last edited by jmp300wsm; 08/26/19.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I try to keep things simple, so when using Wipeout put the rifle in a vise with the muzzle pointed SLIGHTLY down, chamber a fired case, the use the plastic tube that comes with WO to squirt the stuff into the bore, and leave it overnight.

DubThomas, jmp300wsm is absolutely right: The JB is just polishing steel at some point, especially after already getting just most copper copper out with Wipeout. And believe me, you do NOT want to keep polishing the bore. Most shooters assume a finely polished bore would result in less fouling, but it actually result in more copper, because the bullet makes more contact. Which is why barrel companies that lap bores use a small but definite grit.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I try to keep things simple, so when using Wipeout put the rifle in a vise with the muzzle pointed SLIGHTLY down, chamber a fired case, the use the plastic tube that comes with WO to squirt the stuff into the bore, and leave it overnight.
it.

And there it is.......

My friend, I owe you a beverage of your choice.

Are you closing the bolt on the fired case?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 1minute, 60 invisible), 2,885 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,453,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.