Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jaguartx
If we could just save 10 childs a year. And we could, if we would.

https://www.avma.org/KB/Resources/L...eed-in-Dog-Bite-Risk-and-Prevention.aspx

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only 3 fingers??

Gonna be hard to reciporcate "the shocker" on his cellie

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Heard this on the news from Detroit Radio 760 this morning. A very brief report. Three pit bulls killed a little girl. The funeral already occurred and the pit bull owner was charged with MURDER.

A brief report. that's all I know. It's the first report of an attack by these visious animals that I've heard that tells of the retribution visited upon the dogs' owners.

TRH, Marley, and Goosey you're on borrowed time.

Yeah, just tell me how I am on borrowed time WindyCA35.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Universal background checks on all pit bull owners and limit them to only 2 teeth.

Assault dogs have no place in society.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Kill 'em all. Every time I see one, it gives me the creeps.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Banning the breed instead of demanding accountability from the owner is not only anti-American but it’s the same tactic used by the left in their attempt to take our 2A away. I know that one is a right and one is a choice but the slippery slope of blaming the object instead of the individual is the same.

A dog properly restrained and housed is no different than my guns locked in the safe, neither will hurt anyone unless mishandled.
Major differences: no gun ever attacked a kid next door on it's own. Dogs have done it many times. No gun ever dug its way under a fence or chewed through it's collar. Dogs have done it many times. A gun is just an inanimate tool. A dog is a living thing with a brain (sort of) that makes it's own decisions.
You can't compare a gun to a dog, period.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have no problem with the owner being charged with murder/manslaughter.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It's a step in the right direction. Now they need to start charging the owners with assault whenever there's an attack of any kind.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If we are talking about responsible gun ownership, wouldn't that make the owner........ responsible?

Hand him over to the girl's mother. She'll make it right.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A pit broke into my neighbor's yard early this morning and killed his retired K9, Coy. Coy was a nine year old German Shepard which was, of course, trained to not respond to animal aggression. I was fishing and Ryan (the owner) was at deer camp. Most of Coy's head was gone and we're all pretty sad.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Kill em all.

This.

These dogs have sufficiently proven that their owners cannot control them.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Heard this on the news from Detroit Radio 760 this morning. A very brief report. Three pit bulls killed a little girl. The funeral already occurred and the pit bull owner was charged with MURDER.

A brief report. that's all I know. It's the first report of an attack by these visious animals that I've heard that tells of the retribution visited upon the dogs' owners.

TRH, Marley, and Goosey you're on borrowed time.

Yeah, just tell me how I am on borrowed time WindyCA35.

Lemme 'splain it for 'ya, Marley.

This is a precedent. The judge set bail much higher than the prosecutor even wanted.

If your "beloved" savage filthy beast somehow sneaks out of your building, as they have been known to do, or tries to kill someone in your family, as Stxhunter's did, and if in the process kills some child in a far more savage and grisley manner than the shark in the movie "Jaws," you stand a good chance of going to JAIL. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Savvy?

First your insurance company might cancel your insurance because you keep a dangerous anomal. Many have. Assuming you have anything worth insuring.

Have a nice day.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the guy whose three pits killed a 9 year old girl last week in Detroit was charged with 2nd deg murder...2 mil in bail

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don’t like the breed and have no use for one as a pet but with that said I do believe that a responsible owner is the key to owning that breed. Responsibility is actually the key to owning any breed of dog but more so when the dog is bred to kill.

I think TRH understands the responsibility involved with owning that breed and is likely the exact type of person that’s fit to own pit bulls. Comparing TRH to some ghetto homie in Detroit is inaccurate and disingenuous.

You are correct, well said.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
there are plenty of plain old regular folks who own them, love the breed, etc. They, their kids, their neigbors, and their mailmen are at risk.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
A pit broke into my neighbor's yard early this morning and killed his retired K9, Coy. Coy was a nine year old German Shepard which was, of course, trained to not respond to animal aggression. I was fishing and Ryan (the owner) was at deer camp. Most of Coy's head was gone and we're all pretty sad.

Damn! Hate to hear that. It sucks.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ace's reply is very well said and my sentiments as well. Giving TRH crap every time one of these dogs does something stupid is like the rest of us catching crap when someone is harmed by a firearm.

Last edited by RichardAustin; 08/25/19.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I don’t like the breed and have no use for one as a pet but with that said I do believe that a responsible owner is the key to owning that breed. Responsibility is actually the key to owning any breed of dog but more so when the dog is bred to kill.

I think TRH understands the responsibility involved with owning that breed and is likely the exact type of person that’s fit to own pit bulls. Comparing TRH to some ghetto homie in Detroit is inaccurate and disingenuous.

You are correct, well said.

I agree to a certain extent. But look at Roger’s Pit Bull.
It turned on him twice for no apparent reason.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Banning the breed instead of demanding accountability from the owner is not only anti-American but it’s the same tactic used by the left in their attempt to take our 2A away. I know that one is a right and one is a choice but the slippery slope of blaming the object instead of the individual is the same.

And not one of them will blame a vehicle for those killed by drunk drivers...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
724 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 72 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.