Print Thread
Hop To
Page 101 of 117 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 116 117
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Thunderstick

As bad as all the religious persecution has been, and it has been horrible, societies founded on atheism or evolution or the two in combination have been exponentially worse in their suppression and persecution.

In summary I'm promoting what our founders promoted--theism--morality--equality--religious liberty.

How did our founders promote equality for the Indians, the slaves, the non land owners, the females of or species ETC?

You are a lying sack of SCHIT. They did not. It is just that simple. It too several constitutional amendments and a lot of years to legally create equality which did not of and by itself create factual equality. Nor have we yet created religious equality amongst the citizens of this country despite what simple minded people like to think.

Name three societies founded on atheism and three founded on evolution.

GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ringman

You are looking at this from a uniform uiformitarianistic view. Consider gravitational time dilation. A proven concept of science used daily.
An astrophysicist wrote a book called 'Starlight and time. He has made predictions on what the space missions will discover. He has been correct in the scientific observations.

What a froolish thing to say!

I assume you are trying to use the slowing of time by gravity to explain how stars can appear older than otherwise. Well, it would take a very massive object.to do this meaningfully, more massive than anything in our galazy that would affect the lifetimes of stars more than a bitrsy bit. You aren't going to weasel out of the universe's real age--13,800,000,000 years rounded off--to pretend that it could b interpreted as only being 6,000 years old.

A few pages ago, BTW, you asked me what time scale I used to assert the Veil Nebula (and many other supernova remnants) is much older than 6,000 yfears. I do not have time to explain to you how astronomers figure out the age of stuff and you do not have the ability to understand it if I did. Suffice it to say it's "universally" understood. By astronomers.

And while we're at it, you claimed to have seen a video of some "scientist" who went to a creationist meeting and became converted. Can you tell us the name of said scientist, if one exists?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
https://biologydictionary.net › fossil-record
Fossil Record Definition
A fossil record is a group of fossils which has been analyzed and arranged chronologically and in taxonomic order. Fossils are created when organisms die, are incased in dirt and rock, and are slowly replaced by minerals over time. What is left is a mineral impression of an animal which once existed. Many fields and specialties are utilized to categorize and arrange these fossils, including comparative anatomy, radiometric dating, and DNA analysis. Using the data from the fossil record, scientist try to recreate phylogenies, or trees describing the relationships between animals, both alive and extinct. The fossil record helps inform how different groups of animals are related through evolution.

So do we have fossils now in the formation stages, if so where?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MILES58

As bad as all the religious persecution has been, and it has been horrible, societies founded on atheism or evolution or the two in combination have been exponentially worse in their suppression and persecution.

In summary I'm promoting what our founders promoted--theism--morality--equality--religious liberty.

How did our founders promote equality for the Indians, the slaves, the non land owners, the females of or species ETC?

You are a lying sack of SCHIT. They did not. It is just that simple. It too several constitutional amendments and a lot of years to legally create equality which did not of and by itself create factual equality. Nor have we yet created religious equality amongst the citizens of this country despite what simple minded people like to think.

And what pray tell was used as the basis for the arguments for abolition of slavery and the rest of those groups?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Fossil Record Definition
A fossil record is a group of fossils which has been analyzed and arranged chronologically and in taxonomic order. Fossils are created when organisms die, are incased in dirt and rock, and are slowly replaced by minerals over time. What is left is a mineral impression of an animal which once existed. Many fields and specialties are utilized to categorize and arrange these fossils, including comparative anatomy, radiometric dating, and DNA analysis. Using the data from the fossil record, scientist try to recreate phylogenies, or trees describing the relationships between animals, both alive and extinct. The fossil record helps inform how different groups of animals are related through evolution.

Surely, even you can answer that question.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MILES58

And what pray tell was used as the basis for the arguments for abolition of slavery and the rest of those groups?

And what does any of this have to do with evolution? You guys do go off on irrelevant tangents at times.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Fossil Record Definition

Of course. All over the world.

Here's a partially fossilized head of a wild boar. It's a mixture of pure replacement minerals and natural bone preserved by not being exposed to oxygen, and thereby not being exposed to the sorts of bacteria that can breakdown bone matter.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Fossil Record Definition

… In March of 2017, fossilized microorganisms, or microfossils, were announced to have been discovered in hydrothermal vent precipitates in the Nuvvuagittuq Belt of Quebec, Canada that may be as old as 4.28 billion years old, the oldest record of life on Earth, suggesting "an almost instantaneous emergence of life" ...
Earliest known life forms - Wikipedia

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

The strata runs deep, there are no large or small animals fossils to be found in precambrian layers.....3 billion years of microbes before conditions enabled an explosion of complexity and diversity. That is not evidence for special creation, it is evidence for natural evolution. Nor is it anything like genesis describes.

Creationists sift the evidence and their explanations of that evidence through the filter of their faith and what comes out of that filtering does not explain the evidence.

Evolutionists sift the evidence and their explanations of that evidence through the filter of their faith and what comes out of that filtering does not explain the evidence.

The strata runs deep, there are single cell small animals fossils to be found in Precambrianc layers. You haven't read about them because it doesn't fit your narrative. Immediately after the Precambrian layer is the Cambrian layer. Many evolutionist call the abundant life forms found there the Cambrian explosion. There are NO transitional forms from one to the other. Exactly as a Creationist predicts.

Genesis describes the reason there is a Precambrian, Cambrian and all the other strata. It's called the Genesis Flood. Like the Bible teaches, people reject the obvious and worship the creation instead of the Creator.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Don't you think that physicists take relativity into account?

Read the book. He's probably smarter than you and more educated than you.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=MILES58][quote=Thunderstick]How do you explain that every major religion has not only condoned inequality, but they have at various times promoted it and in the case of christian religion the despotic and tyrannical opposition to fact in the form of the inquisition and the killing and imprisoning of the victims thereof?[quote]

Your use of the "inquisition" is a demonstration of what happens when unbelievers take over authority from Bible believers. Read "Foxes Book of Martyrs". A real eye opener for folks who are unfamiliar with the middle years of the Catholic Church. By the way I'm not knocking the modern Catholic Church.

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DBT

The strata runs deep, there are no large or small animals fossils to be found in precambrian layers.....3 billion years of microbes before conditions enabled an explosion of complexity and diversity. That is not evidence for special creation, it is evidence for natural evolution. Nor is it anything like genesis describes.

Creationists sift the evidence and their explanations of that evidence through the filter of their faith and what comes out of that filtering does not explain the evidence.

Evolutionists sift the evidence and their explanations of that evidence through the filter of their faith and what comes out of that filtering does not explain the evidence.

The strata runs deep, there are single cell small animals fossils to be found in Precambrianc layers. You haven't read about them because it doesn't fit your narrative. Immediately after the Precambrian layer is the Cambrian layer. Many evolutionist call the abundant life forms found there the Cambrian explosion. There are NO transitional forms from one to the other. Exactly as a Creationist predicts.

Genesis describes the reason there is a Precambrian, Cambrian and all the other strata. It's called the Genesis Flood. Like the Bible teaches, people reject the obvious and worship the creation instead of the Creator.

And what would be the age of the Precambrian and Cambrian layers you attribute to the Genesis flood?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

You are looking at this from a uniform uiformitarianistic view. Consider gravitational time dilation. A proven concept of science used daily.
An astrophysicist wrote a book called 'Starlight and time. He has made predictions on what the space missions will discover. He has been correct in the scientific observations.

What a froolish thing to say!

I assume you are trying to use the slowing of time by gravity to explain how stars can appear older than otherwise. Well, it would take a very massive object.to do this meaningfully, more massive than anything in our galazy that would affect the lifetimes of stars more than a bitrsy bit. You aren't going to weasel out of the universe's real age--13,800,000,000 years rounded off--to pretend that it could b interpreted as only being 6,000 years old.

A few pages ago, BTW, you asked me what time scale I used to assert the Veil Nebula (and many other supernova remnants) is much older than 6,000 yfears. I do not have time to explain to you how astronomers figure out the age of stuff and you do not have the ability to understand it if I did. Suffice it to say it's "universally" understood. By astronomers.

And while we're at it, you claimed to have seen a video of some "scientist" who went to a creationist meeting and became converted. Can you tell us the name of said scientist, if one exists?

First I am positive Russell Humphries knows a lot more about astronomy and astrophysics than you. Read his book.
Like I posted earlier, you are basing your age on uniformitarianism. If there is an Infinite Intelligent Energy Being certainly He knows more than you, including how to create a universe in its present condemned state. You can't answer the question about the time scale because you don't know. I agree the supernova remnants are older than 6,000 years. They are at least a thousand years older.

By the way, see if you can find out how many known novae and super novae there are. I bet you will not find more than about 300. That opinion is based on Adam sinning and God cursing the universe about 7,000 years ago.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Frogsnacks!

Whats all this nonsense then?

Wowsa!

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fossils of land animals are scarcer than those of plants. In order to become fossilized, animals must die in a watery environment and become buried in the mud and silt. Because of this requirement most land creatures never get the chance to become fossilized unless they die next to a lake or stream.
http://scienceviews.com/dinosaurs/fossilformation.html

In order to create a fossil record that comes close to duplicating what we have--we need to bury the fossils rapidly in a watery environment before they decay. For this to happen on a large scale there needs to be a massive water catastrophe. Millions of years are not required for a massive fossil grave yard but a water catastrophe is. And there needs to be an event which shepherds the animals together into one location.

It was admitted that fossils are forming today--which is true with the right conditions--which certainly means we don't need millions of years to create fossils.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln
November 19, 1863

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=MILES58][quote=Thunderstick]

I carefully chose my wording and used these terms--theism--morality--equality--religious liberty. I did not say that any particular religion should be state established and would be opposed to that--because that inevitably leads to another form of suppression. What I promoted is exactly what our founders promoted. Do you agree with the founding principles of our country--All men are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights? You cannot form a society on an amoral foundation or you will have an amoral and immoral society.

Name a society that is or was based on evolution?

Name a society that is or was based on atheism?

There have been societies that have represses religion, but that is not atheism.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Fossils of land animals are scarcer than those of plants. In order to become fossilized, animals must die in a watery environment and become buried in the mud and silt. Because of this requirement most land creatures never get the chance to become fossilized unless they die next to a lake or stream.

In order to create a fossil record that comes close to duplicating what we have--we need to bury the fossils rapidly in a watery environment before they decay. For this to happen on a large scale there needs to be a massive water catastrophe. Millions of years are not required for a massive fossil grave yard but a water catastrophe is. And there needs to be an event which shepherds the animals together into one location.

It was admitted that fossils are forming today--which is true with the right conditions--which certainly means we don't need millions of years to create fossils.

So if fossils started forming over four BILLION years ago your Genesis flood explanation doesn’t hold water.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

But the ages of the various fossils differ by, in many cases, hundreds of millions of years (confirmed by radiometric dating), e.g., a fossil of a Dimetrodon vs a fossil of a Neanderthal man.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
PS Why don't we ever find Dimetrodon fossils amongst T-Rex Fossils, or at least at the same strata, since you assert they lived at the same time, and were killed by the same global flood?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 101 of 117 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 15 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.