Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Just booked another whitetail bow hunt for the fall. This time Ohio. (I’ve not taken a whitetail in Ohio yet) Im behind, trying to fill my out of state hunt calendar due to launching several new bowhunting products. Still looking at Kansas to add to my WI whitetail, Idaho elk and IN whitetail hunts. Fall is approaching fast. Due to all the new product launches I wont be hitting as many states with my bow as I did last year but such is life but now I have Sept., Oct. and Nov. out of state bow hunts booked. Dec. or Jan might be TX.

Who else is bowhunting out of state?

FYI, I dont know if its ever been mentioned here but back in 2012, I got a citation for feeding deer. laugh grin smile laugh

Let the whiners commence their whining. 3..........................2............1. Go.
What say you Montana creep? I know you hang on my every world and allow me to live rent free between your ears. grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/01/19.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
None of those states want you there. Stay home Poacher.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Shartthings is like an attention starved 4 year old [bleep] his pants to get noticed by the resentful parents that despise him.
What kind of masochist would put himself through the humiliation that this idiot brings upon himself? I feel an undeserved sympathy for him for some reason.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thankfully, there is public access land here in Ohio, because you ain't welcome on my lands. (More for your attitude, than your past deeds. )

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Glad I don’t have to “book” whitetail hunts.....

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sharp things : have a great fall bowhunt and be safe ! Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
South Dakota antelope August
Kansas mule or whitetail November
Colorado elk (in state) September

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by dale06

Nice. Good luck. Glad to see a fellow traveling hunter.

Originally Posted by pete53
Sharp things : have a great fall bowhunt and be safe ! Pete53

Thanks. Same to you.

Originally Posted by Tom264

Nice try but I feel sad for you. I hope things pick up for you and your financial situation improves. There is always hope. Dont despair.

Originally Posted by kellory
Thankfully, there is public access land here in Ohio, because you ain't welcome on my lands. (More for your attitude, than your past deeds. )

I laughed. Im hunting private land in Ohio, not public. Your land is safe. LOL

Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
None of those states want you there. Stay home Poacher.

Clearly they all are eager for my arrival. Your jealous. Thats so cute. Like watching a little kid saying "Pasgetti"

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/08/19.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I’ll just be hunting NC and WV as usual, but I’ll be trying new areas of both states.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by sharp_things

Nice try but I feel sad for you. I hope things pick up for you and your financial situation improves. There is always hope. Dont despair.

I guess you didn’t understand what I said....I don’t have to book whitetail hunts as I own my own land and have plenty of nice bucks roaming all over it.
I also apply for nonres hunts in other states but did not draw any this year.
Wasn’t trying to hurt your feelers but stating a fact about whitetail hunting in a state where I see them all the time.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sharp_things

I guess you didn’t understand what I said....I don’t have to book whitetail hunts as I own my own land and have plenty of nice bucks roaming all over it.
I also apply for nonres hunts in other states but did not draw any this year.
Wasn’t trying to hurt your feelers but stating a fact about whitetail hunting in a state where I see them all the time.

Was this another chance at love squandered by a Tart-Thang? 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My wife and I will be going back to Wyoming as usual to hunt deer! North West of Wheatland.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Just hunting near Burnet Texas, going out of state sounds exciting.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Starting off with antelope in Colo. with Full Draw Outfitters then back home for early archery followed by a return to Full Draw (Fred Eickler) for mule deer and elk. Then back home to my farm for whitetail then 6days in Montana for elk and back home again for the rut. I am already booked for 2020 to hunt black bear on a boat hunt in BC, too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh I forgot booked next July in Tanzania for PG and buffalo on a combo bow/ gun safari too. Just can not beat hunting PG in Africa with a bow been doing interrupted year for the last 12 yrs.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by dale06

Just returned from this one. It was outfitted. Outfitter provided lodging and set up blinds. The blind (only one per person) was put up less than 24 hours before the hunt. They should have been up weeks before. The antelope avoided them like the plague. In 45 hours of blind time, I had two does at about 150 yards. They stared at the blind and turned and left. That was my best encounter. Saw other antelope at longer ranges.
The hunt was a disaster to be kind.

Last edited by dale06; 08/20/19.

NRA Patron
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Kansas, November 4th

M
M
I typically hit MD, WV, OH and IN for my out of state bow hunts.. I just go as time allows around the rut. If I miss one of them in bow then I usually try to hit it during gun season.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,678
Posts18,456,284
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.