Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Possibly I'm the one that doesn't get it, but I have to ask. Society as I remember it was generally civil. I was a small town kid and my childhood problems didn't go too far past finding someone to throw ball with or just hang out. I would take off in the morning on my bikle, ball glove or fishing rod over the handlebars. Needed to be home by dark, which seldom happened. There was nothing suspicious about an adult , stranger or otherwise, patting my head, in my estimation it was a friendly act. Our govt use to offer guns to the private citizen for heavily discounted prices in the back of magazines.
Now in this age of tattooed women, men with gauges in their ears, rings in their nipples, identity crisis between their ears that we're supposed to accept, marriage to anything you can get to an alter, mass shootings; I have to ask myself, when and how did this happen to us?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
People started using gay 270’s

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It started with Madeline Murray O'Hare.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hanco, I don't think you can blame Ingwe for this.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Society is starved for attention and now there’s a million ways to get it.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I share similar thoughts. Some of it may be us getting old, but there has to be more than that.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Contractor I use at work a lot is adamant that giving women the right to vote is what set us on course for failure. He might be right.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not so much wrong with the USA in 1945

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just possibly because we're reaping what we've sown with roughly 53 million murdered babies!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The break-up of the family unit, two-income households, missing baby-daddies, and now social media. Social norms have been challenged aggressively since the flower children of the 60's. Mix it all together and you get Chit-Salad.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Years and years of females electing democrats by voting with their hearts and not their brains.
Look at what many years of the dems leadership has done for LA, SanFran, Chicago, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It all began with Bill and Hillary Clinton and the birth of political correctness. The communists finally won.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
JFK assassination things started to change. The moral compass of the country started to wobble. Then came the hippies and drug culture. All downhill from there.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Satan

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The list could be quite long, but it has been a downward trend for maybe more than my adult lifetime. I've got a few reasons in mind- -

1) We have become less Godly

2) The replacement of individual charity by government welfare

3) The decline in personal responsibility leading to singles raising children without enough time, knowledge or experience, leaving at least half the children without a role model. The other half also often gets a wrong model

4) Military service is no longer respected or expected and (I think) there are fewer veterans

5) The Boy Scouts of America has become less appealing and effective in training boys to become young men

6) The erosion of respect for the everyday efforts of people in service jobs that require less education or pay less than average wages

7) The roles of men and women are no longer clear, causing confusion for the adult participants and chaos for the younger generation that is watching

8) America is more city and less country every year, diminishing the opportunity for children to learn basic agricultural skills and minimizing their sense of worth in the well-being of the family

I am so fortunate to have been able to grow up playing informal sports, riding my bike wherever and whenever I ventured, going on camping, fishing and hunting trips with my family and being almost carefree.

Knowing current events is a bucket of cold water in my face, pushing too many of my idyllic childhood memories way in the back of my consciousness, reminding me about how meaningful that CCW training is. I go out of my way to model respect and civility for my kids and expect great things from them.

I think we can all do better, especially if we listen to the wisdom of the ages and consider our actions. There will be a test.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
LBJ

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

When women got the vote.

All things are always on the move simultaneously. - W.S. Churchill
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DownWind
The break-up of the family unit, two-income households, missing baby-daddies, and now social media. Social norms have been challenged aggressively since the flower children of the 60's. Mix it all together and you get Chit-Salad.

This is part of it, but I think there has been an organized, concerted effort by the Left to destroy societal norms so that they can rebuild the society in the leftist mold. This effort has been going on for a long time, just read The Communist Manifesto, which was written in the mid 19th century. This effort picked up steam in the US in the 1960's and has been under way ever since.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Jan 20 2009

Something clever here.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
LBJ

well, yeah. plenty of folks are banding together to find his grave, and exhume his carcass.

beyond that, the reasons are diverse. shifting from 2wd. 841 ford powermasters to 4wd articulated skidders.

the rise of John Deere, the green machine from moline.

the army draft during the 'nam misadventure killed bodies and spirits.

the federal gov't taking over the welfare machine, and throwing out the male from the household.

females now who believe that marriage is an act of oppression. they believe it with all their heart.

nobody recieves enough incentive to work anymore. it's a waste, given the taxes and other costs.

nowadays, who's got the best model for an empire to be successful? us, europe, china, russia?

we know we can't have continental land-based wars anymore. it'd be mass destruction of the eco=system.

and there's hardly anyone at the un that i'd trust as far as i could toss a bull by the tail, even an apis bull.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 65 invisible), 2,961 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,148
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.