Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Doubt I’ll ever be inside an LDS house of worship, unless I mistake it for a steakhouse since they’re all designed to look like a fancy Sizzler, but if I am I damn sure will be armed.

....unlike the pioneers that were slaughtered at Mountain Meadows, who I bet wished that this policy had been in force at the time. 😬

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Didn't Jesus whip some ass when it needed whipping, money changers or the like? Why would He have a problem with a follower defending the faithful against someone with horrible intent?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by mathman
Didn't Jesus whip some ass when it needed whipping, money changers or the like? Why would He have a problem with a follower defending the faithful against someone with horrible intent?

Yep, platted a whip, a definite assault weapon, surely not defensive.

And, he did kick some serious arse, turned over tables, went ballistic. And it worked; he got their attention...

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Ammo and guns are a LOT cheaper... coolDF
Right and they don't fuss and cry or get jealous if you show favoritism.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Doubt I’ll ever be inside an LDS house of worship, unless I mistake it for a steakhouse since they’re all designed to look like a fancy Sizzler, but if I am I damn sure will be armed.

....unlike the pioneers that were slaughtered at Mountain Meadows, who I bet wished that this policy had been in force at the time. 😬

Yeah, Mountain Meadows was mass murder.

You think they'd have learned something.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doubt I’ll ever be inside an LDS house of worship, unless I mistake it for a steakhouse since they’re all designed to look like a fancy Sizzler, but if I am I damn sure will be armed. ....unlike the pioneers that were slaughtered at Mountain Meadows, who I bet wished that this policy had been in force at the time. 😬
You don't understand. It was ok to kill them. They were Methodists and had a big herd of cattle and a good bit of money with them.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well, that's were mass shooters will go from now on. No one will be able to shoot back.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by mathman
It seems if a member of the congregation had to pop a cap then the place of peace thing was already out the window at that point.

If they feel that way, you know they aren't going to instruct people to stay down if the shooting starts. Someone walks through the door shooting and someone with a gun jumps up between the good guy and the bad guy, they are liable to get shot. Some preachers don't take to an education and appreciate it. At least not in our church. I brought that up to him and he just looked at me. They apparently have no plan and are good with that. Personally that doesn't sit will with me, but I don't go to that church. I think they are inviting trouble. Just what they need is another gun free zone for the loonies to focus in on.

Here in Idaho, I suspect there are several guns in each service, including mine.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, where I attend church there is a security plan. They don't talk about it, but I've heard a whisper or two from some buds, well represented by U.S. Marshals, State Police, Sheriffs, etc., some retired, some not.

They kinda know the drill if you get my drift... There would be some returned fire pretty quick. As they say, when seconds count, the police are minutes away... I think things would already be heated up before the police arrived.

DF

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
They will learn, just like everyone else has learned (or refused to learn) that when you declare your space "gun free" bad men with guns will come and shoot you.

Tarquin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, whatever Mormon hating freak wants, he's got fame handed to him on a silver platter. I give it two years.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Yeah, Mountain Meadows was mass murder.

You think they'd have learned something.

DF

And that was Mormons that did the killing.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just spoke to a couple LDS members I work with here in Utah. They were not happy when I read this to them. Both said they will still be carrying.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Why don't they just advertise to the World, and all of the violent maniacs, that they are all unarmed and ready to be slaughtered.

Last edited by reivertom; 08/27/19.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Springcove
Just spoke to a couple LDS members I work with here in Utah. They were not happy when I read this to them. Both said they will still be carrying.

Concealed means concealed, eh?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was carrying at my grandmother's funeral. By Ohio law, the head of the church must KNOW and approve, or I have broken a law just by carrying inside a house of worship.
I asked the minister thier views on concealed carry, and was told that there are at least 2 in the congregation most days. I mentioned the fact that they must know and approve for it to be legal, and I too have a CCW.
The stole came out, and i was blessed on the spot. Permission granted.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Carrying isn't a bad idea, i have Concealed carry to the church a few times and it has been all good. no one can predict when evil comes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yeah....they are just begging for a disaster of epic proportions...

PREZACTLY

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I believe the answer is yes...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom
Why don't they just advertise to the World, and all of the violent maniacs, that they are all unarmed and ready to be slaughtered.

Yeah right, they have been trying to get non members to come to church for decades, it’s unlikely that will start now.

It’s funny how people that know the least about a church or organization will tell you the most about it...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (7x57Hunter, 10Glocks, Akhutr, batch, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 849 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,227
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.