Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Armednfree

So what does this pain in the ass do? Yeah, he swallows a bunch of pills and drinks half a bottle of vodka, then calls himself an ambulance.

Really too bad his phone worked....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe

So what does this pain in the ass do? Yeah, he swallows a bunch of pills and drinks half a bottle of vodka, then calls himself an ambulance.

What's with the 1/2 bottle?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt

He probably already slammed the first half. Two bottles a a day is not uncommon for him. That and maybe a rock of crack.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not faulting you or your actions or feelings, but I’m about 180 on the spectrum.

Married my wife for better or worse, she’s seen to it by her thoughts, actions and deeds that my life has been waaayy better due to her taking those vows serious as well.

I know I’m one of the lucky ones when it comes to marriage.

Her brother is smart, decent and a helluva good looking guy. But he’s an alcoholic, like 3:dwi never drive again alcoholic.

It’s a crying shame. Her mom is an alcoholic too, but her binges are few and farther between. Still she has them.

When my wife was battling cancer at the same time her little sister was, her mom was staying at our house to help out w our teenage son still in high school.

We were in ANC post op when I got the call from my daughter, could tell something was wrong but had to pry it out of her a bit.

Grandma had gotten drunk and burned up exhaust fan in downstairs bathroom smoking

I swear I was so angry I’d have probably drug her by the hair down our 1/10 mile driveway had I been at home.

But then I’ve never had 2 of my kids battling cancer at the same time. Who knows ? Maybe it’d make me an alcoholic too.

But it’s her mom and her brother, we talk about it, but at the end of the day, I back my wife 100%, on how she wants to deal w her family.

My wife is neither stupid or weak, but she’s kind and I can hardly begrudge her forgiveness for her family when I’ve been the greatest beneficiary of her capacity to forgive.

Of course it helps that I’ve got a sis with her own issues and she lives in the apt above our garage. She can be one of the hardest people to get along w that you’ve ever met 🤦🏼‍♂️🙄. But she’s still my sis and I love her.

Imagine my wife feels similar about her own family.

I think it’s a lil archaic to differentiate between methods to take ones life 🤷🏻‍♂️

But not as silly as loading up on pills and then calling 911 🤦🏼‍♂️

If you’re gonna kill yourself then do it, don’t half ass it via any method.

Not calling you out at all Armednfree, it’s your life and is apt to be different than any of the rest of our lives.

But I would ask you to reconsider, “she’s on her own w this” If you value your wife and your marriage and the vows you made to her, doesn’t mean you have to go visit him and play nice w him, but please make sure your wife knows you’ve always got her back for better or worse.

That’s my take on this ugly situation. And I truly wish you and her all the best as you navigate this mine field

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

He probably already slammed the first half. Two bottles a a day is not uncommon for him. That and maybe a rock of crack.

Geez, brother. Crack, too.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Two bottles a day...how big of a bottle?

Just curious.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Mental illness obviously runs in your wife’s side of the family, mix mental illness with alcohol and it’s a recipe for disaster. Your wife is lucky enough to have you to love and care for her as she battles mental illness. Unfortunately your BIL isn’t that lucky and probably feels all alone in his battles, that’s why he calls so much. Sometimes, even though it’s tough, it’s better to reach deep down inside ourselves and find the patience and compassion to be help someone that’s suffering and to be their lifeline to the world outside. I’m sorry that you have to deal with this but I think we get tested in our lives and that’s when we reveal how close we are to doing God’s will....in real life. We don’t do that through our attendance every Sunday, we do it for those that need help and some of us do it to soothe our own souls. Good luck and I hope and pray that your BIL gets some help and finds some peace.

I don't think anyone could have put it in words any better.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeeze.....didnt know there were manly and unmanly ways of killings ones self.

Me either. All high school seniors should have to spend four weeks with a 24HCF handle (and make a post per day) and get some real learning.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Not been around much 'death' by most folks standards[lives] beyond a couple of friends/classmates that took their own and my grandparents, but married into a family that has had way more than their share of untimely deaths.
Wifes grandfather accidentally shot himself while deer hunting-early 50's, brother died at the hand of a drunk driver at 18, 4 day old niece and relatively young grandmother died on the same day, sister had lung cancer-diagnosed at 50 years old and died one year after their father which died of a massive heart attack while burning leave time after announcing his retirement.

She has changed my views on whether or not all life is precious.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeeze.....didnt know there were manly and unmanly ways of killings ones self.

Me either. All high school seniors should have to spend four weeks with a 24HCF handle (and make a post per day) and get some real learning.

They usually do a pretty good job of committing suicide by failing to yield on the highways.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Not been around much 'death' by most folks standards[lives] beyond a couple of friends/classmates that took their own and my grandparents, but married into a family that has had way more than their share of untimely deaths.
Wifes grandfather accidentally shot himself while deer hunting-early 50's, brother died at the hand of a drunk driver at 18, 4 day old niece and relatively young grandmother died on the same day, sister had lung cancer-diagnosed at 50 years old and died one year after their father which died of a massive heart attack while burning leave time after announcing his retirement.

Damn, that sounds eerily like my wifes family. She lost one of her brothers (1 of 4) in a car crash when she was 13, lost her dad to cancer shortly after we started dating in 2003, lost brother #2 to cancer a few years later, her only sister died a few years after that from cancer as well. Her twin brother, which I consider his death to be a suicide, lost his job but was offered a job with the same company in another town but he didn't want to move so he decided to take the summer off. He was feeling sorry for himself so he started drinking heavily, a 30 pack of BL a day and it eventually killed him, his brother found him on a Saturday morning sprawled out on the floor, blood everywhere, dead. That was probably the toughest phone call my wife has ever taken and it broke my heart to watch her have to deal with another uneccessary death. Then in May of 2018 her last brother died of heart failure while in the hospital for another ailment so we brough her mom up to Alaska to live with us, we lost her on June 3rd of this year. The amount of grief my wife has been through, I wouldn't wish on any human.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This morning my wife speaks to the doctor. Her brother is on 72hr hold that ends tomorrow. My wife explained his history and asked for him to be "pink slipped", they said no, it can be handled as outpatient voluntary.

And he gets sent down that road again, and we somehow expect different results. This is why nutjobs walk among us.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Damn, that sounds eerily like my wifes family. She lost one of her brothers (1 of 4) in a car crash when she was 13, lost her dad to cancer shortly after we started dating in 2003, lost brother #2 to cancer a few years later, her only sister died a few years after that from cancer as well. Her twin brother, which I consider his death to be a suicide, lost his job but was offered a job with the same company in another town but he didn't want to move so he decided to take the summer off. He was feeling sorry for himself so he started drinking heavily, a 30 pack of BL a day and it eventually killed him, his brother found him on a Saturday morning sprawled out on the floor, blood everywhere, dead. That was probably the toughest phone call my wife has ever taken and it broke my heart to watch her have to deal with another uneccessary death. Then in May of 2018 her last brother died of heart failure while in the hospital for another ailment so we brough her mom up to Alaska to live with us, we lost her on June 3rd of this year. The amount of grief my wife has been through, I wouldn't wish on any human.

Look on the bright side, she doesn't have to worry about anyone else dying. Well, just for curiosity, how are you feeling?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Look on the bright side, she doesn't have to worry about anyone else dying. Well, just for curiosity, how are you feeling?
Is that some sort of joke, because if it is, i'm missing it.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This morning my wife speaks to the doctor. Her brother is on 72hr hold that ends tomorrow. My wife explained his history and asked for him to be "pink slipped", they said no, it can be handled as outpatient voluntary.

And he gets sent down that road again, and we somehow expect different results. This is why nutjobs walk among us.
Damn, kicking the can down the road, sounds like they don't want to get involved, that sucks for the both of you. I'm hope something gets figured out for the sake of you both.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like he's been attempting a "slow suicide" for years.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reivertom

My wife says he suffered some serious trauma years ago. She won't tell me what it is but it is sexual. That, especially to someone who already has Bi Polar tendencies is devastating. I have a feeling it happened when he was in the Navy. I saw those things, "Greasings" and other sexual based hazing. Commands covered it up, and made it worse. The crew members who did that should be lined up on the deck and dropped into the open sea to die slowly. Bring back the gang plank.

He would have been in a bit before me. At the time, post vietnam, the navy was a drug infested mess, drugs and alcohol.

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/28/19.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by reivertom

My wife says he suffered some serious trauma years ago. She won't tell me what it is but it is sexual. That, especially to someone who already has Bi Polar tendencies is devastating. I have a feeling it happened when he was in the Navy. I saw those things, "Greasings" and other sexual based hazing. Commands covered it up, and made it worse. The crew members who did that should be lined up on the deck and dropped into the open sea to die slowly. Bring back the gang plank.

He would have been in a bit before me. At the time, post vietnam, the navy was a drug infested mess, drugs and alcohol.

Stand by your wife, be her rock.You can do this, be a strong man, not a stubborn man.

Texas
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
He called the VA suicide hotline. Then he was found wandering in a park by a park ranger who called the ambulance.

We went to see him today. He barely knew we were there. He is in ICU and is restrained. He has an aid in his room 24/7. When he wakes up he becomes violent.

The nurse says he is "White slipped" right now which I think means he's not able to make his own medical decisions. Since he has no medical power of attorney I guess the hospital makes those decisions. The nurse says as soon as he is off the white slip he will be "Pink Slipped" to psych. Longer term committal is possible.

I guess two days of his conduct changed their mind.

We went out to the park and found his car. I drove it to his apartment. I got dizzy in that car from the smell of stale beer and drink spillage and tons of cigarette butts and ashes. When I got to his apartment I went in and disposed of a gallon of vodka and a small bit in a third bottle. I brought them, including two empty half gallon bottles and 1-1/2/ 24 packs of beer home with me. I disposed of them right in the trash.

I guess he's drinking healthy because I pulled two spiked bottles of Gatorade out of his refrigerator and disposed of them.

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/30/19.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Maybe itll be easier on you and your wife now. Be her rock .

Don't dog Bristoe with the gatorade comment like that though. Ha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,096
Posts18,464,125
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.