Print Thread
Hop To
P
pdXammo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I've got a couple 1D bodies I'm looking to move as I have not been shooting professionally for a while now and have 1 I'll be keeping. !dIII $400 and 1DIV $1000 I think these are fair prices but, will entertain substantiated offers.
While these are older bodies the build quality and circuit architecture on the pro level Canon stuff is sublime. The form factor and user interface is something you can never go back from once you've tried it. Both bodies have been used professionally but, also have seen professional maintenance. Neither has many clicks since the last trip to CPS. Both are APS-H sensors which is a pretty good compromise for wildlife or action versus a FF or a consumer 1.6. One thing not evident looking at specs is the speed, reliability, color depth etc, realized by the pro-line cameras. I tried going down to a 5d but, couldn't do it. No comparison.
Of course both have the benefit of being fully sealed and shockproof systems, rain is not a factor although most prudent users still employ a rain shedding device.
I also have a 400/2.8 IS with hard and soft cases, Manfrotto monopod and Hydrophobia rain shield. Glass is perfect, recent CPS service and calibration. exterior finish while showing signs of pro use is not beatered by any means. Epic lowlight super telephoto and the gold standard of sports shooting. Would be great for the semi-nocturnal wildlife likely to be pursued by those reading here. In have not researched current pricing on this.
Open to trades: Semi complete reloading set-ups for .204, 6.5cr, .45 ; NIce non-race gun .45, quality long range glass mil, 4-20 ish , Browning Hi-Power, FN FNX 9mm or .45 , sexy .300 winmag elk gun or tactical esp Sako/Tikka, nice trap gun,

Last edited by pdXammo; 01/06/19.

NRA Life Member

GB2

P
pdXammo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
MK4 w/400

[Linked Image]

MK3 w 70-200

[Linked Image]

Growing up hunting ducks makes shooting fast action sports an almost preternatural skill. I was walking out of the building after sending first quarter pics and the ball was already in the air. a few quick steps and kneeling at the back of the endzone yielded that TD shot. That and the lightning fast tracking on the body.

Last edited by pdXammo; 01/06/19.

NRA Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The first image with eyes on ball is really nice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn! Where were you about two months to two weeks ago? Cookie picked up a 5D IV and 7D since I ran over her EOS 50D in mid-Nov. Also a new 100-400 mm. I would have had enough left over for a new Weatherby and decent scope.

Great action shots there.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/06/19.

1Minute
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
tag

IC B2

P
pdXammo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by 1minute
Damn! Where were you about two months to two weeks ago? Cookie picked up a 5D IV and 7D since I ran over her EOS 50D in mid-Nov. Also a new 100-400 mm. I would have had enough left over for a new Weatherby and decent scope.

I might make some suggestions on your kit. 5D is a great camera, I always had trouble with the AF in lowlight and it wouldn't track movement for me though. I've never handled a IV though. I'd consider migrating to 1D series bodies for what you do. I don't know if you have interest in birds but, that would open up new horizons particularly for moving targets. I could be wrong but, I tend to think of the 5D as optimized for wedding,portrait, landscape and video. I think if your interested in capturing things dynamic, that's the way to go. That being said the 7d is a pretty decent action camera... So you might be just fine how you are.

Last edited by pdXammo; 01/09/19.

NRA Life Member

P
pdXammo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by pdXammo
MK4 w/400

[Linked Image]

MK3 w 70-200

[Linked Image]

Growing up hunting ducks makes shooting fast action sports an almost preternatural skill. I was walking out of the building after sending first quarter pics and the ball was already in the air. a few quick steps and kneeling at the back of the endzone yielded that TD shot. That and the lightning fast tracking on the body.

This guy form U of O, Keanon Lowe, just tackled a would be school shooter at a high school in Portland. He coaches football there.

NRA Life Member

P
pdXammo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I am still selling this 400 2.8 IS $2600 shipped with a bunch of extras. Hydrophobia rain shield, soft case, hard case. Anything else I dig up unique to it.

NRA Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't like doing this, but I need to let ya'll know that I responded to pdXammo's post WTS post back in February. I asked for close up pics of the body and lens. Never got them despite multiple promises that he would. I advised him of the opportunity to do a face to face because of a college visit and gave him the dates weeks in advance. Multiple assurance of "I'll send them tonight" without delivery of the close up pics. Didn't respond with anything about a face to face sale until two days after I had returned home. Maybe he doesn't like my face...but a few alarms went off in my head...
here's the last message that I sent to him in response to his offer of a paypal transaction (after he missed the face to face).
I'll be very honest with you;
You've missed several promised dates. Biggest one was the opportunity for a face to face sale. I'd still be willing to buy, but the only way would be if you send it to me first, and if it's good I'll send you payment immediately after. If you're okay with that, let's work on a deal. I've been on here a while, and have a good rep if you want to check around.
If that doesn't work for you, no problem.
Chris.

...no response from the seller to that PM.
Did I leave anything out Matthew?

The one silver lining from this experience is that I learned that Canon no longer supports the 1D MkIV, so backing up my DX with a MkIV was only going to get me so far.

Last edited by ChrisF; 08/29/19.
P
pdXammo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
There's this super amazing thing called google. You simply plug someone's name into it and all kinds of references come up. In this particular case, you'd have seen a body of professional work that one might use to discern between random internet scammer and one perhaps preoccupied with a busy life. You said you would be in town but, I never got any PM saying you were here. After taking in your pissy attitude I decided it wasn't a good fit. I see that was a good assessment.

It was probably a silver lining for you to not get the Mark4, if you can't get it right with 256 shades of grey, you better keep the training wheels on or spend some $ on classes instead of new gear.

Last edited by pdXammo; 08/29/19.

NRA Life Member

IC B3

P
pdXammo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Here's your proof of life dickweed. Get a hobby.

[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member

P
pdXammo Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
SOLD

NRA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
772 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 77 invisible), 3,035 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.