Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Why would a church want to be a sanctuary for some of the most dangerous foreigners, treacherous crooks, pedophiles and murderers? Why don't they help Americans?

This might be shocking to you, but Jesus wasn't an American, and God doesn't recognize the US Border.

Does your husband know you are up?

I am MAGA.
GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
3.5 million members voted for this? No one even told our members it was being considered.

I suspect the 3.5 million will become a smaller number.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would a church want to be a sanctuary for some of the most dangerous foreigners, treacherous crooks, pedophiles and murderers? Why don't they help Americans?

This might be shocking to you, but Jesus wasn't an American, and God doesn't recognize the US Border.

Jesus also didn't take part in civil matters. That which is Caesar's... A Christian church can certainly minister to illegals without violating the law.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The ELCA jus doan want to be called Racist...

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

HE didn't espouse gayness either, you damn pole smoking, root gobbler...

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 08/18/19.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/the-tornado-the-lutherans-and-homosexuality

Tornado hit ELCA just when they voted to affirm sodomite deviants

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not shocking in the least - it is reality to all of the sane and sensible folks, and has no application to the topic at hand. As usual, your approach and method is perverted and - if sincere - you are seriously delusional. Get a good mirror - take a long look at yourself.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
CCCC;
Good evening to you sir, I trust that the weekend was a good one for you and this finds you and yours well.

While I make it a habit not to become embroiled in too many religious/political threads here - especially being a Canuck where the rules are different in so many ways - I will just briefly offer a couple observations.

For 33 years we were members of a local church, for part of that I was a member of the Elder's Board which assist in running both the spiritual and business directions of the congregation.

While we did have a central board and denominational code of conduct, for the most part as long as we adhered to Biblical principals we were able to conduct ourselves accordingly.

Based on this then, I can say that we absolutely were able to give positive, meaningful assistance to less fortunate folks, including immigrants, though that's much less of a thing in our community than in some others.

As far as I'm aware, we were always able to do that and stay within the bounds of both BC provincial law and of course Canadian law as well.

We took great pains actually to stay away from what we considered political issues, as we felt that wasn't the calling of our church to do so.

Anyway, all that to say in my not so limited experience, churches can have a positive effect on the surrounding community and stay within the bounds of the law and remain politically neutral.

Thanks for reading and all the best to you all as we head into the fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The ELCA has been a long time in my rear view mirror. Nearly all my pastors in the LCMS have been fellow hunters and shooters.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
CCCC;
Good evening to you sir, I trust that the weekend was a good one for you and this finds you and yours well. - - -While we did have a central board and denominational code of conduct, for the most part as long as we adhered to Biblical principals we were able to conduct ourselves accordingly - - - I can say that we absolutely were able to give positive, meaningful assistance to less fortunate folks, including immigrants, though that's much less of a thing in our community than in some others. - - - -Anyway, all that to say in my not so limited experience, churches can have a positive effect on the surrounding community and stay within the bounds of the law and remain politically neutral. Thanks for reading and all the best to you all as we head into the fall.Dwayne

Good morning Dwayne. I'm positively impressed - 30 some years serving in the same congregation !! Career moves were such that our family could never have done that - but we did succeed a few years at a time in some wonderful churches - of varying denominations. In every case, our church invested heavily in outreach service in the local communities, which would have been a major factor in why we chose to worship with that body. The overarching "denomination" authority had little or nothing to do with such efforts and, in most cases, they would have been unsatisfied because our work was not politically centered - and did not follow their ideas about the "social gospel" (what a ruse !) Our efforts were focused upon helping families in need of financial and health assistance - and schooling - so that they could become more self-sufficient and gain pride in their abilities to take care of themselves. At the same time, it was our mission to help them understand the Gospel of Christ and the abundance of security and riches to be gained there. It has not been exactly the same with all denominational hierarchies, but every one of those placed far too much emphasis on conformity to some political and social constructs which had little or nothing to do with our mission in the Gospel. Over the past 70 years, I have witnessed such degradation steadily grow in many denominations. My comments regarding the noted position taken by the ELCA is based in such experiences. All the best to you, Dwayne.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Grew up Lutheran LCMS. Conservative and liturgical. Many visitors were put off by not having a band in front of the altar, and having Holy Communion for just LCMS members.

Matthew 18:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

https://elca.org/News-and-Events/8000

ELCA is more worried about being PC and being mainstream than the Word of God. What's next?

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

The issue with regard to the ELCA here is that by going against the civil authorities they’re violating the teachings of Scripture and their confessions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wheres all the "separation of church and state folks" .Recind the tax exempt status!

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I hope the ELCA has a very large checking account to pad the entitlement spending they are forcing on Americans.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,653
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.