Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Gay or not, the Classic Sporter in a not so popular harder to find caliber going for just over 500 dollars, kind of floored me. If I didn't already have a classic sporter , and an XTR Sporter , and a Weatherby Vanguard and a Weatherby Mark V, I would have been all.over that. ( hangs my head, yes all in 270 Weatherby Magnum) So I will just continue to hold out for the ever elusive Classic Stainless 270 Weatherby Magnum.

Call it gay all you want, but the 130 Grain Bullets screaming out of the barrel at 3400 feet per second really interests me.

Last edited by Rugerfan4374; 07/22/19.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This auction of mine ended last night. 1954 M64 Deluxe in .32 Win. I got one bid for $999.99, really thought for the condition there would be more interest. That's $200 less than the current made in Turkey 94's...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq9u05zrye0pl2m/AABYHAWu5xR3sGRYl_tZgstNa?dl=0

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RecoilRob
This auction of mine ended last night. 1954 M64 Deluxe in .32 Win. I got one bid for $999.99, really thought for the condition there would be more interest. That's $200 less than the current made in Turkey 94's...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq9u05zrye0pl2m/AABYHAWu5xR3sGRYl_tZgstNa?dl=0

Damn.

Been looking all over for that gun

I'd have gave 1000 for it...

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That truly sucks. Now is not the time to be selling guns

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Oh, the old 30-06 in it's new/old stock... This one is in great condition, but someone sanded on the toe of the stock. I know what they did, they dropped the rifle on the toe and busted it and broke the plastic plate. It probably wouldn't have done that if it were the aluminum one. Another winchester screw up. Anyhow, since the profile was skewed, it was the perfect candidate for a red recoil pad:

[Linked Image]

Now after wiping it down with some old English and installing the red pad:
[Linked Image]

$150.00 stock and $30.00 pad makes a big difference. Now I need to sell the custom stock... Maybe.. confused Might recoup most of my money I spent on this stock... grin

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
BSA, YOU SUCK!!!

Seriously, nice rifle. I think maybe the only better deal I ever heard about was that .338 from Cabela's for stupid cheap.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
BSA, YOU SUCK!!!

Seriously, nice rifle. I think maybe the only better deal I ever heard about was that .338 from Cabela's for stupid cheap.

Yeah, that 338 was damn cheap. That guy stole that thing!! I seriously think some cabelas stores are good places to look. I actually saw a standard wt 270 at my nearest cabelas for $750.00 the other day. Serial number indicated it was made in 58. It had a scope on it, but was in about 80% condition

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
BSA, YOU SUCK!!!

I wish the stock wouldn't have been re-contoured at the toe. I would have left it all original. That is the correct era stock fot that rifle.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
^^^^^^^
I won't cut an uncut Pre '64 stock, but I do like a pad. Even if the rifle is not a hard kicker, with a pad it stands in a corner better, you don't worry about busting the toe (as on your recent stock), and I think they overall handle better. So I like to find stocks that someone has already cut. Takes the "guilt" out for me, and lowers the price a good bit!

You did a nice job on that pad install. You need to get that rifle shooting good, then sell it to me at a "brother-in-law" price cool

I promise not to put Weaver rings on it . . .

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
^^^^^^^
I won't cut an uncut Pre '64 stock, but I do like a pad. Even if the rifle is not a hard kicker, with a pad it stands in a corner better, you don't worry about busting the toe (as on your recent stock), and I think they overall handle better. So I like to find stocks that someone has already cut. Takes the "guilt" out for me, and lowers the price a good bit!

You did a nice job on that pad install. You need to get that rifle shooting good, then sell it to me at a "brother-in-law" price cool

I promise not to put Weaver rings on it . . .

HA HA.. you are funny. I like that though.. Check out the stock before I cut it. I agree, if it had not been "repaired" at the toe, I would have left it all original:
[Linked Image]

You can see where the angle is different than the rest of the stock near the butt. At that point, it turns into a "shooter" stock and game for glass bedding too!!! grin cool:grin I'll do my typical glass bedding and float the barrel. I don't know if it will shoot as good as my '56:
[Linked Image]

Its a sleeper:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It shoots powerpoints and partitions well enough for me anyway...

BSA MAGA
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have noticed there is less demand for classic rifles...I have decided to start moving some that I bought for investments while there are still some buyers alive...the younger generation is so programmed to price it's pathetic...I set up at a small local gunshow last winter, and very few people ever looked at my winchesters. Only old guys....I did sell the 1895 30-03 take down..I did sell a whole lot of plane junk that was headed for the garbage...junk scopes from old rifles were a hot item...20-35 dollars...sold every one...the leupold and Burris scopes were priced well and they didn't move...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Buddy of mine and I set up at a small local flea market/gun show, cheap scopes $20-$35.00 Tasco, Bushnell, no name whatever sell like nobody's business. We sell 10 el cheapo's to every Leupold to the point we don't even look for quality scopes anymore. I put my collectible Winchesters, Springfields, etc. back in the vault there's so little interest, won't sell them to the bottom feeders.

Last edited by gunswizard; 08/13/19.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Im hanging on to mine.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have to wonder a bit, the new FN M70s are pretty expensive, I don’t see many in the gun stores. Seems like a lot of today’s buyers either want cheap or expensive tactical/sniper rifles. In this environment are the production days numbered once again?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well damn it, it happened again. Ive been in Reno for a few days and went to a nice little fun shop. This place was actually in sun valley. Anyway, im looking around the shop and saw so much brass and reloading supplies. Saw some 300WBY brass ad thought about the good ol days when i had one. I dont have a 300 wby anymore, but made a mental note of where that brass was hiding in one corner of the shop. The shop owner started taking rifles out of the safes and im thknking i might as well ask if he has any pre 64's. He said yes, i have 1. I asked whats it chambered in. He said 300 something and i asked H&H? He said no, i cant remember exactly what 300, so i asked Weatherby? He said, yeah i think thats what it is. I said, thats a shame. Im sure it used to be a 300H&H and he said, you might be right. He then asked if winchester ever made a pre 64 in that chambering. I said no. I then said well, when you get to it, id like to see it. When he pulled it out, he said i'll make you a hell of a deal on it, because ive had it for a long time. I looked it over and started to explain about how that used to be a popular conversion, but it greatly depreciates the value. He asked if ive seen very many of them and i said sure, on gunbroker. He asked how much they sell for and i said right around $750.00. He said ill sell it to you for "$499.00". I said, "Ill take it"!! Sold!! Ill get some pics when i get home..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Well damn it, it happened again. Ive been in Reno for a few days and went to a nice little fun shop. This place was actually in sun valley. Anyway, im looking around the shop and saw so much brass and reloading supplies. Saw some 300WBY brass ad thought about the good ol days when i had one. I dont have a 300 wby anymore, but made a mental note of where that brass was hiding in one corner of the shop. The shop owner started taking rifles out of the safes and im thknking i might as well ask if he has any pre 64's. He said yes, i have 1. I asked whats it chambered in. He said 300 something and i asked H&H? He said no, i cant remember exactly what 300, so i asked Weatherby? He said, yeah i think thats what it is. I said, thats a shame. Im sure it used to be a 300H&H and he said, you might be right. He then asked if winchester ever made a pre 64 in that chambering. I said no. I then said well, when you get to it, id like to see it. When he pulled it out, he said i'll make you a hell of a deal on it, because ive had it for a long time. I looked it over and started to explain about how that used to be a popular conversion, but it greatly depreciates the value. He asked if ive seen very many of them and i said sure, on gunbroker. He asked how much they sell for and i said right around $750.00. He said ill sell it to you for "$499.00". I said, "Ill take it"!! Sold!! Ill get some pics when i get home..

Gun whore ^^^^^^^^^ laugh

LOL
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Thank God it wasn't one of those hard kicking .300 Win. Mags! cool
hell, a Magnum action is prolly worth $500. What does the stock look like?
Does your wife know you're a thief?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Ha ha!!!! Ive seen just the H&H receiver/action with bolt and floor plate sell for $1,000.00, so i think i did alright. The stock doesnt look bad, but its had a recoil pad installed. It also still has its original sights and front hood!!!

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Im not a huge fan of the short necked 300 winny. Had one, tried it for years. Always liked the weatherby better. Still have a good die set for the wby and im going to put it to good use. Ive actually been eyeballing beretzs 300wby for quite a while now. Now i have one of my own. I may look for a McMillan for it here shortly.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Back a few posts, on 7/22, I remarked on only getting $1000 for a minty M64 Deluxe. When I had it, I sourced out an original sling & swivels for the gun. I thought I was crazy to pay $100 for it 20 years ago, it just sold on Ebay for $300.

$1000 for the gun, $300 for the sling w/swivels, the cash is in the details.

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,373
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.