Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
postimages.org

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
+1 on postimage

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I sure did.

Then I broke my ankle in Feb and they canned me. Was in NY for a bit and now I have been back up here in AK for almost a month workin. Just got done helping take 270 million pink salmon eggs.

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14072709/workin[/img]

Sure hope you took all them eggs and spread them around the woods for fertilizer. We sure don't need em in the ocean.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I sure did.

Then I broke my ankle in Feb and they canned me. Was in NY for a bit and now I have been back up here in AK for almost a month workin. Just got done helping take 270 million pink salmon eggs.

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14072709/workin[/img]

Sure hope you took all them eggs and spread them around the woods for fertilizer. We sure don't need em in the ocean.

What's wrong with putting fish into the ocean for people to catch? Our eggtake permits are regulated heavily by fish and game. They do the research to figure out carrying capacity, and they regulate our permits.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fish and Game biologists don't know their ass from a hole in the water. Anyone who thinks that pumping more pinks into the ocean is a good thing is either a commercial fisherman or an idiot...
They think carrying capacity means how many fish will fit in a square foot of water. They obviously have no clue that it takes fod t grow those pinks, food that they're taking from other fish stocks.

I'm not meaning to attack you Hank, I know you're just doing your job.
I just get riled up about our fish and game board and how they're bought and paid for by the commercial fishermen. They only make rules that benefit the commies and keep taking from the sporties. And I don't believe they have the best interest of the resources in mind when doing it.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fish and Game biologists don't know their ass from a hole in the water. Anyone who thinks that pumping more pinks into the ocean is a good thing is either a commercial fisherman or an idiot...
They think carrying capacity means how many fish will fit in a square foot of water. They obviously have no clue that it takes fod t grow those pinks, food that they're taking from other fish stocks.

I just get riled up about our fish and game board and how they're bought and paid for by the commercial fishermen. They only make rules that benefit the commies and keep taking from the sporties. And I don't believe they have the best interest of the resources in mind when doing it.

Breath in.... breath out.... breath in.... breath out.... now rub your ears and think of a happy place...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

What is wrong with you? They only dumped 400 Billion extra each of the last few years... what could be wrong with that? And everyone loves all those returning humpies, right?

And they wonder why the humpie food sources that used to cycle in two year patterns are just falling below the average lows.

And dogs are being boosted beyond usable numbers...

Save Alaska fisheries, can the Board of Fish!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Save Alaska's seabirds, too...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The endangered whales sure seem happy eating them. What if a hatchery were to put out 100 million coho instead of pinks? Or 100 million kings to try and save them? I am by no means an expert, but I have seen some the attitudes from commercial fisherman. I got confronted in Cordova once by a seine boat crew when they heard who I work for. The bartender actually stepped in and told them if they had anything else to say they were outta there and that I had probably put more money in their bank accounts than most other people.

We got the good old double whammy from some old woman the other day at work. Told us we should all F off because the fish were still twitching as we were cutting them, which is pretty normal. I guess if we had just sent live fish and clubbed them with bats that would have been better than shocking them?????? She ran off before anyone could even try and explain why we do what we do. Shut down the hatcheries and keep the same number of boats fishing and see what happens.

Originally Posted by Sitka deer

What is wrong with you? They only dumped 400 Billion extra each of the last few years... what could be wrong with that?

400 billion? I hope that is an exaggeration because the true number is far far lower.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Every biologist I know has been screaming to deaf ears for years about the massive amount of pinks and dogs being put into the ocean.

On the plus side, the killer whales have been eating a lot of whales this year.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,651 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,286
Posts18,467,868
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.