Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Mixed according to instructions, applied as "best practices", how the hell can this stuff kill people if it won't kill blackberries and wild roses?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
BP-B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’ve sprayed enough Roundup to kill an army if it is indeed “bad”. So have about all my farmer buddies here. We are in a heavy agricultural area where I live. Zero problems. And yes, we grow a large acreage of Roundup ready crops. No problems with farmers nor their neighbors.

From what I understand the plaintiff brought suit in one of the most liberal friendly areas, which virtually guaranteed a very favorable decision by the jury.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have sprayed a lot of it over the years and have never thought of drinking it.

I think that folks who were sick thought it might be a good payout.

Still use it today and will tomorrow.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Follow the money... I too, have sprayed gly and Paraquat since the 70's

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Mixed according to instructions, applied as "best practices", how the hell can this stuff kill people if it won't kill blackberries and wild roses?

Might be that like any other herbicide there are things it will and won't kill.

I hear the skepticism you fellas put forth, but suggest that if you crawl deeply into the topic and examine the fine details, you might have a second thought or two. Will suggest further that if you trust Monsanto I have some fine real estate just east of Freeport in the Bahamas I'd like to sell.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Shyster lawyers.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Crossbow will kill it. That's my go to for broadleafs.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

Get some of the stuff marketed to kill poison ivy and try it. You could even mix it in with your roundup if you have any left. Should cover more bases.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I only depend on glyphostphate for controlling bladed grasses and weeds.

Mix in some 2,4D together and get the double tap effect.

Squirt in a bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid to really give an extra 'ooze' factor.

And what the hell, pour in some cypermethrin or permethrin and knock out chiggers or associated annoying arthropods too. Might as well

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Follow the money... I too, have sprayed gly and Paraquat since the 70's

Ditto.... No worries here.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
I only depend on glyphostphate for controlling bladed grasses and weeds.

Mix in some 2,4D together and get the double tap effect.
I've done that too - works very well. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Killing plants is not always straight forward. Couple of weeks ago I did an experiment and sprayed some plain full strength white vinegar from the grocery store on different things. It scorched some unwanted bladed grass just as good as roundup. Other stuff like vines.....I think it fertilized them.

Last edited by RJY66; 09/03/19.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

I hear the skepticism you fellas put forth, but suggest that if you crawl deeply into the topic and examine the fine details, you might have a second thought or two. Will suggest further that if you trust Monsanto I have some fine real estate just east of Freeport in the Bahamas I'd like to sell.

Mr DD,

you sound to me like a learned man.

Enjoy the hurricane when it gets there (almost said "she", but that's no longer the standard case)

Geno

Last edited by Valsdad; 09/03/19.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
I would think it’s a joke. I’ve sprayed all the chemicals for 25 years and before that grew up on a farm where the sprayer was a car with the body cut off. Tank and booms put on. All the farmers up here did the same. No I did not follow safety directions and most people don’t. I was careful with the bug killers because they would sometimes be dead when you made the next pass. No case has proven this product causes cancer they just got a McDonald’s hot coffee jury in suburbs and went with it. Ed k

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by CWT

Thanks for the tip, I'll try some. Instruction sheet says Roundup is supposed to work on blackberries if applied in late summer, well, not that I can see. But, so far, the blackberries have survived a D-7, an excavator, and fire. I'm convinced the wild roses would survive a tactical nuclear strike.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Equating an herbicides ability to kill a certain species to it’s long term toxicity to mammals is kinda foolish.

The whole Monsanto debacle has been brought to you by the same folks that believe marijuana can cure every illness on the planet, so what does that tell you?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Mr DD,

you sound to me like a learned man.

Enjoy the hurricane when it gets there (almost said "she", but that's no longer the standard case)

Geno

Geno, I was concerned about Dorian certainly, but in response to an email sent to her HQ wherein I threatened to spray Roundup in her eye she asked for a raincheck.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CWT

Crossbow totally killed Himalaya blackberries for me this summer. I am still amazed at how dead it killed them. I wore mask and latex gloves and stayed upwind with a back pack tank sprayer on a patch about 75 yards by 3 yards plus some spot bushes.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Plants are tougher than humans. As a species we are fairly weak.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Roundup is my go to for poison ivy and other unwanted plants. No issues. Mainly the ivy. Knocked it dead here.

Im always tellin’ the kids, "dammmmmmn!!!! I can feel the non-Hodgkins lymphoma soaking in!" As I spray away! Yeah they chuckle.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
712 members (007FJ, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 73 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.