Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Back in the early 1990s, I picked up four of what looked like factory new Russian SKS rifles for $100.00 each. I only have one of them left. Sold one to my brother for what I paid, and later sold two for $350.00 apiece.

Not a thing wrong with them, other than the lack of removable box magazines. Should be plenty of rounds onboard, though, for most purposes.

One thing about them that many don't consider is that they are 100% military issue rifles. They are not made with the intention to sell commercially like all of the AK rifles we can purchase here, so the standard for their manufacture was zero compromise in terms of ruggedness and reliability.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I love how some of you guys put down ALL AKs. Laughing.

Apparently, you've never shot a good one.

I've got two really nice AKs. My third AK isn't so great, and will go down the road as we approach the elections and people start panic buying them.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I paid $89 for one back in the day. Like everyone else I wish I would have bought a pallet load. Who knew? Still have mine and it shoots pretty good. Also fun to shoot.

Last edited by jmp300wsm; 10/08/19.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had one, it was a 3.5" gun at 100 yards. I scoped it, and made it a 4" gun at 100 yards. Got rid of the scope. It never had a malfunction, though, and it was fun to shoot. I paid $69.95. It was USED, and used hard.

I bought another one later, for about twice that, and it shot twice as bad. It was "as new". Both were Chinese. I don't have either one now.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 10/12/19.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have one stashed away in an old building in the desert. Packed full of cosmoline. Along with a case of Ammo. For when the revolution starts.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have one, bought it in or about early 2001, it has a very good stock and bore, it's a Yugo, paid $94.00 for it, shoot about 40 rounds through it once or twice a year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't consider myself an SKS fan boy although I've got three. First was a brand new 100 dollar special circa 1992 right out of the crate at a gun show. Commercial Norinco that's had a ton of rounds through it. Never missed a beat. Bought it because of all the stories years ago from returning Vietnam vets about how they just keep working and how some were captured with most of the rifling gone from the barrel from all the rounds put through it. Picked up a Russian SKS in 1995 that was arsenal rebuilt and put in one of the laminated stocks. Has the milled parts vs. stamped and a screw in barrel vs. some of the pinned barrel SKS's. That one sits in the safe still unfired. In 2014 I got a used Chinese SKS at a gun show that had already had all the cosnoline clean up done on it. That one's my "beater" and it hasn't missed a beat yet either. I've never purchased an SKS that needed the cosmoline clean up regimen...... Every one was good to go when I got it but I've seen what has to be done on some of them.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Hate 'em; just had a big shooting day for a couple of customers & had one in the battery. Made me remember what POS they are.

Besides being heavvvvvvvvvvy; ya'll can keep all of 'em.

MM

!

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

From Wall Street Journal today, showing polished sks magazines.

I have SKSs:
Chinese
Russian
Albanian
Yugo

I have been an owner since ~ 1992.
After college brainwashing I built a super insulated solar home and was raising my own food organically.... until Clinton messed with my SKS ammo that was 8 cents a shot from China. I had to pay 12 cents from Russia. That turned me back into a Republican, like I was before college.

But I don't like SKS rifles much, but I have scoped and glass bedded them.
I do not like Nagant revolvers at all, but I have a few.
I do not like AKs, but I have scoped mine.

I do like 91/30 Mosin Nagant rifles. I have converted to 223, 45/70, 7mmRemMag, and 300 WinMag. For extracting 3.34" long unfired, I have made an ejector over ride button.

I really like TT-33 type pistols from:
Russia
China
Poland
Romania

I have converted Tokarevs to 9x23mm Winchester and worked up to primer pocket failure.

CZ52s just blow up into little pieces in my hands......flawed design junk... no matter what the load books said before 2005.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.