Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
The economics must work out for them somehow, it’s how they do things with the pinks and chums.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
From what I found 100% of AK Chums are certified by several monitoring organizations and sending them out of country eliminates that certification. I do not doubt there have been test runs in different years that could have done about anything with chums as they used to be hard to get rid of. But the last decade or so, at least, has seen 100% being dealt with in AK.

With the huge humpie production going on these days I have no idea what they do with the excess production...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
From what I found 100% of AK Chums are certified by several monitoring organizations and sending them out of country eliminates that certification. I do not doubt there have been test runs in different years that could have done about anything with chums as they used to be hard to get rid of. But the last decade or so, at least, has seen 100% being dealt with in AK.

With the huge humpie production going on these days I have no idea what they do with the excess production...

What about the rest

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FishinHank

What about the rest

The rest of what?

BC and WA chums?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Coho and kings

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
f$#king mines , f@$king Trump , STAND FOR SALMON!!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BCJR

Pretty clueless...

Stand For Salmon had absolutely nothing to do with Pebble and actually would have made it easier for them because they got a carve-out in the language there. Stand For Salmon would have killed almost everything in the AK economy. The critical lawyers fighting Pebble all were voting against it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Local hatchery (DIPAC) gave up on humpies quite a while back. They produce chums up the ying yang. Like more than they handle for cost recovery.

Streams that used to gave humpy runs locally are getting destroyed by migrant chums from the hatchery. Kinda sad.

Brite chums are equal to cohos for eating - but the flesh is paler.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Pretty clueless...

Stand For Salmon had absolutely nothing to do with Pebble and actually would have made it easier for them because they got a carve-out in the language there. Stand For Salmon would have killed almost everything in the AK economy. The critical lawyers fighting Pebble all were voting against it.

I was being sarcastic, but thanks for policing the Alaska forum, reactionary old men are hard to come by on this site.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Pretty clueless...

I was being sarcastic, but thanks for policing the Alaska forum, reactionary old men are hard to come by on this site.

Commenting is policing?

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 2,995 guests, and 1,438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.