-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a private owned company, they can do whatever they want. Who cares? Fugg em.

LOL
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Couldn't tell you the last time I stepped foot in Walmart.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It's a private owned company, they can do whatever they want. Who cares? Fugg em.

Have you EVER been right in your life? Sweet Jesus, 4 months traveling the globe and you are still spouting off wrong sheit.

Never not funny

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bbassi
I'm old enough to remember when Walmart quit selling guns entirely (at least in this state, not sure if it was nation wide) That lasted several years, until the bean counters figured out how many millions of dollars they were losing annually on gun sales. Then about 1/2 of the stores started selling guns again. 20% to 6% market share??? I'd be surprised if this lasts. Walmart worships the greenback, and nothing else.

Spot-on. Right now they think they can gain some ground by quitting guns but once they see not necessarily how much they are losing, but how much others are MAKING that they're not, they'll start selling again.

They actually quit them in all but 20% of their stores, supposedly because the ATF was after them. They had retards who didn't know jack in the sporting goods dept., helping with 4473's and they were getting dinged every little bit...fined big-time. Hard to feel sorry for them even though I don't agree with the whole GCA anyway. Then the whole Obama Presidency kept gun sales just roaring along and the next thing you know ALL their stores have guns and they're even selling the shixt out of assault rifles! I bought one as soon as I saw them in the racks, just because. I never thought I'd see AR's in Walmart but the next thing you know, they're not only selling a few DPMS', they're selling Colts, Bushmasters, SIG's...every brand you can think of. Then when the bottom fell out of that market, they blew them out for prices I've NEVER seen before. They had stuff lower than 1977. I would have bought a couple more but by the time I got there, there were just empty racks and the sad, sad stickers where the extremely discounted prices were. Damn...now I'm crying. Sorry.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No. Walmart quit selling AR-15’s after the Church shooting in S. TX a few years ago. AR’s Bad. Crazy fuggers OK. More PC BULLSCHITT BY WALMART. it’s as simple as that.

Just like when they quit selling .223 / .556 & 7.62 x 39 ammo to those under 21 after the last Florida School Shooting.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Time to boycott them,
Might be opportunity for other stores to come up and take over.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Campsterpoor
Time to boycott them,
Might be opportunity for other stores to come up and take over.

My son buys all his ammo at Wally World, but I just got him into reloading. He's probably not going to be buying at the stores anymore.

In the Greater Cincinnati Area, Dunhams is the shizz for normal ammo purchasing, but they only have a couple of locations. I drive by one of them on the way to the farm. Dunhams will get a good deal more traffic out of this and they deserve it.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Look how many small gun shops wont go out of business cause Walmart did this.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It’s really impossible to buy groceries anywhere but Wal-Mart around here. But that’s about all I buy there anymore.

I really doubt that as a town big enough to support a wal mart has to have a grocery store or 2.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They probably don’t have much margin in gun sales anyway and know even though bubba is mad about it, he’ll be back for cheap motor oil, underwear, deodorant, and shaving cream.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
It’s really impossible to buy groceries anywhere but Wal-Mart around here. But that’s about all I buy there anymore.

I really doubt that as a town big enough to support a wal mart has to have a grocery store or 2.
What I think you're saying is that any town big enough to support a Walmart probably has a grocery store or two. The largest town in my county had IIRC, four or five grocery stores before Walmart came in. Walmart probably entered the town in the late eighties. Before Walmart there were several hardware and dime stores, a TG&Y Family Center and a Gibson's. There is only one grocery store out of all those places, post-Walmart. For awhile, there were NO grocery stores. About two years ago, the County Commissioners gave grants to three grocery stores in the county. Two were in different towns and neither exists any longer as after they took the Commission's money, they closed. The one in the big town didn't exist yet as the County essentially paid them to build one there. It is still going but the County paid them nearly a million dollars to come in and build there. Now to me, that is not fair competition-what Capitalism is supposed to be. Walmart can KMA, but still, this isn't Capitalism. It's favoritism. There ARE two Dollar Generals-one just built and another that's been there awhile. Basically though, that town existed for several years with only Walmart to buy groceries at. Otherwise you had to drive to another town in the county and choose between three grocery stores. Now there's only Walmart and the one full-size grocery store in the whole county.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
As I do realize Walmart has closed down small buesness and locked down whole communities ...that was the start of my distaste of Walmart .it started in the 80 s...I live 20 miles from the nearest grocery store...probably 40 to a Walmart..
I worked all over the western U.S. And never have found a place that didn't have another option might have to drive to another town but so be it...
I stand buy the fact they have been an evil empire ...if you truly don't have an option , I feel truly bad for your community..

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Save money....Live better......

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In order for Walmart to stop you from open carry in their stores here in Texas, they are going to have to post what is known as a 30.07 sign on their door. This sign prohibits open carry in that particular store. I seriously doubt Walmart will post that sign in any of their Texas stores. And without that sign, our fine governor, Greg Abbott, has signed into legislation some bills which contain the penalties Walmart will face if one of their employees tells you to leave the store if you are carrying openly. Walmart knows they are pushing the envelope, but I don't think they really have the fortitude to withstand the backlash if those signs are on their doors.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Edwin264
Look at the BS on the open carry.

Found it.

Cody Museum - Cody WY.

[Linked Image]

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FatCity67
A warning to those who have always thought living or moving to a different State will protect you. And yes this story has repercussions that will be felt for Generations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:
• After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons;
• We will sell through and discontinue handgun ammunition; and
• We will discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking our complete exit from handguns.

I read often it's Walmart the KILLED small business....I would think this is EXACTLY what small business "gun stores" need to grow again...fk' Walmart, there gun section is S H ! T anyway.

Dave

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I go to walmart for dog food and not much else. Like Dicks, They are not a consideration for anything firearm related to me.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco

There are nine decent sized grocery stores within twenty miles of me that I can think of. Seven of them are one form or another of Wal-Mart. The other two are are in the hood and one of those, probably won’t last much longer.

I’m sure I missed a couple, but Wal-Mart dominates the grocery business in these parts. Margins are tight and few are able to compete. And the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Markets are really nice stores that are just grocery stores and are of a reasonable size.

If HEB or somebody like that would build a store, I could completely divest myself of Wal-Mart.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

230 members (06hunter59, 22kHornet, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,436 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,476
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.