Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Cerakoted my Wby Mk V. It has beat the elements every time. I highly recommend it.

Don’t coat the contact surfaces on the bolt.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
gnoahhh,

I have found Cerakote improves the performance of boomerangs more than atlatls.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I’ll echo what’s already been said here: a proper cerakote job fairly durable.

I’ve had a few rifles and a few AR barrels done, did not find that cerakote scratches easily under normal use. It will scratch or scuff with hard use, but of course anything will. If you drag your rifle behind you rather than carry it, yes it will get scratched up. If you walk through heavy brush it may get some scuffs or scratches. But so will any other rifle finish.

I don’t have any cerakoted rifles currently, but most likely will again.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Mule Deer.....magic water wink

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My cerakoted McWhorter has weathered very, very well. They may have sent ti to eddief for all I know, but it has held up well. It started off with a stainless Hart barrel.

Last edited by JGRaider; 09/13/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Two more votes for Eddie F. My buddy and I had a pair of Montanas done by him a few years back. Both have held up really well.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Would a bedded rifle have to be skim or rebedded after Cerakote application?

"Giving freaks a pass is the oldest tradition in Montana."
Thomas McGuane
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ceracoat says film thickness is 0.001" - 0.002"

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just got back from the wettest hunt of my life a week ago. Went to Alaska and didn't see the sun for more than 2 hours in 8 days. My buddy's rifle had cerekote and my rifle didn't. Mine looked like a bucket of rust when we left, and his looked prestine/new. My rifle is currently at my local smith to get cerekote.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TexasBBQ
Would a bedded rifle have to be skim or rebedded after Cerakote application?

No.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have a chrome moly Remington Model Seven action that I am about to install a Bartlein SS barrel on. If I leave as is it will be a two tone (similar to the Kimber Classic). What would you folks recommend? Ceracote the entire barreled action once complete or could I blue the entire thing? Just looking for uniformity rather than the two tone look. I would also be fine with matte black. What would be my best finish option for tough and durable finish? Thanks.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Cerakote done by Eddie.

Winchester rifles and Swarovski scopes.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
+1 on Eddie Fosnaugh’s Cerakoting skills.
He’s done a couple of rifles for me and several sets of scope mounts. All have held up very well.

Leftybolt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another vote for Eddie...Best Cerekote applicator I've ever used!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Hugh_W2
I have a chrome moly Remington Model Seven action that I am about to install a Bartlein SS barrel on. If I leave as is it will be a two tone (similar to the Kimber Classic). What would you folks recommend? Ceracote the entire barreled action once complete or could I blue the entire thing? Just looking for uniformity rather than the two tone look. I would also be fine with matte black. What would be my best finish option for tough and durable finish? Thanks.
If you choose to go the Ceracote route, Eddie does a fine job. I would, however, recommend hard chrome the whole thing. There has been much discussion here in the past about it.

Buy once, cry once.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Get stainless, Cerakoting is a poor substitute for stainless. I’ve got several rifles that are cerakoted and they look good, but stainless is the way to go for a real working rifle.

This....emphatically.

Cerakote is good if one has a CM rifle that needs to be refinished, but if given a choice SS is a far better choice in a hunting rifle.

Plus SS barrels last longer and are easier to clean.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,794
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.