-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Buy a Kubota, never look back, mine is 10 years old, only changed the battery and fluid changes.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
It is the perfect tractor for my needs but if I’m being honest with myself, wish I went bigger.

No matter how many times it's discussed, this is the prevailing statement made by most first time tractor buyers... After they have owned their tractor for awhile.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
As far as the extendable 3 point arms - they make hooking up implements much easier.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
John Deere is trading off of the name they made years ago. They are not the same now. None are made in the US except the high hp models.

Sometimes you can get a lower price if you don't take the "free" financing. Ask about that, then pay cash if it works.

I did a ton of due diligence when I bought my tractor two years ago. I've been a JD Green fan all my life but bought a Kubota M6 131. No regrets so far.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If you have shoulder issues, you'll want the extending arms on the 3pt and the skid steer style quick connect on the loader bucket. I haven't found cruise control to be of much use but my property is largely wooded.and I don't drive on the public roads with the tractor. If you are mowing big wide open fields it might be useful. You'll probably also want a hydro transmission.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you have warranty issues, which dealer will come to your house within a day or two and pick up the tractor and redeliver it for free?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Buy a Kubota, never look back, mine is 10 years old, only changed the battery and fluid changes.

12 years with my Kioti, same same

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

as mentioned before.....my Kioti CK 35 bought new in Oct '10

manual gear/shuttle drive......yes only a mere 410 hrs now

Been a good machine and does what I need around my place

impliments include snow blade...tiller....PHD...rake....brush hog.....

QD front bucket.....box blade.......very handy machine !

Shouldn't say it...but still has the original battery....... cool

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Sorry to hijack but curious what thoughts are on XR4040H LS MFWD
[Linked Image]

Last edited by The_Big_D; 09/06/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So... What's it going to be?

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by atomchaser
If you have shoulder issues, you'll want the extending arms on the 3pt and the skid steer style quick connect on the loader bucket. I haven't found cruise control to be of much use but my property is largely wooded.and I don't drive on the public roads with the tractor. If you are mowing big wide open fields it might be useful. You'll probably also want a hydro transmission.

The Deere quick connect bucket is a nonissue, and loses nothing to the skid steer standard, and may have some advantage. Extendable 3pt arms can be an after-market option, but I found a quick attach on the 3 pt works just fine for me and I don't get off the tractor to swap out implements. You can buy one at a tractor supply store pretty cheaply or get it with the tractor.

Definitely investigate the true paid in full price vs the 0% financing price. Deere pretended it was the same, until it wasn't.

I'm with atomchaser -cruise is one thing I have that I don't need.

Service is important.

Don't buy bigger than you need, even if everyone tells you too. Know what you need, then buy that. There downsides to too big and too small. On the other hand, if it comes with different options for the FEL, get the better one.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Buy what ever has the best parts and service dept. They all need service and parts. I have New Holland and friend has Kubota. Really like the Engines on Kubota.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

parts for most tractors

https://www.tractorjoe.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Rent one.

Write it off and piss of your liberal friends.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Kubota is the only major compact made in America...JD is assembled here with many foreign parts...

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by atomchaser

The Deere quick connect bucket is a nonissue, and loses nothing to the skid steer standard, and may have some advantage. Extendable 3pt arms can be an after-market option, but I found a quick attach on the 3 pt works just fine for me and I don't get off the tractor to swap out implements. You can buy one at a tractor supply store pretty cheaply or get it with the tractor.

Definitely investigate the true paid in full price vs the 0% financing price. Deere pretended it was the same, until it wasn't.

I'm with atomchaser -cruise is one thing I have that I don't need.

Service is important.

Don't buy bigger than you need, even if everyone tells you too. Know what you need, then buy that. There downsides to too big and too small. On the other hand, if it comes with different options for the FEL, get the better one.

But it is an issue, as aftermarket FEL attachments need to have the special proprietary JD bracket and lots dont, and those that do, cost more.... why do you need to buy an additional 170lb adapter plate for a JD to make it work with the universal, especially when JD has the weakest FEL specs of them all and cant afford to give up the 170lbs?

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
At stop two I went primarily to look at Kioti. I just didn't think Mahindra was going to be cost competitive. I know the owner. I'd met him a few times before. He's the brother-in-law of a friend. He had me working with his sales guy Buford. I had demoed the Deere 3025 and really liked it. The controls were intuitive, the functions were smooth and the machine seemed somewhat refined. The bucket control was acceptable, but not ideal. I was pretty sure when I left that I was going to come back to it.

I tried the Kioti CK2610. It shuddered at start up, coughed smoke and idled rough. The bucket controls were very sticky. At first I had to muscle them. Same with the HST. They eased up after use. Something about it seemed crude in comparison to the Deere. Less intuitive. The seat was a suspension seat and it was SWEET.

I almost left without looking at a Mahindra 1526 because the price Buford worked up was too high. I demoed it anyway. I liked it pretty well. I thought the Deere felt a bit better. I can't really quantify it, it just did. I liked the Mahindra well enough to buy it, but not at the price they were asking. It was a good bit higher than the JD. I thanked Buford for his time and was leaving to go to Kubota when I passed the owner David.

I told him that Buford tried, but the numbers weren't quite right. He asked me to give him a few minutes. He spun up some numbers and we came out at $18,500 for the tractor, 5' blade and 5 foot cutter. Insurance would be just a tad over $1,000 for 60 months of coverage. We made the deal.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I dont know what that is but its a pretty red!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I dont know what that is but its a pretty red!

IH, Farmall, Massey red??

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've heard good things about Mahindra but haven't seen one much less a dealer around me.

what is the weight capacity of the bucket and 3 pt?

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

683 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,042
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.