Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers to you and yours

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Praying for you.
Keep us in your loop, we'll keep praying for you.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sorry to hear this, prayer's sent! Hang in there!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sorry to hear this. I know it's easier said than done, but you need to remain positive. That, and having a positive support group of family and friends can work wonders. Best of luck to you. Don't let it get you down!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Prayers for healing and strength.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Sorry to hear this. I had a lump checked out ~15 years ago - it was a cyst.
"The Warden" has had 2 rounds with breast cancer, one in 2010 - and one in 2017.
We didn't know that 2 of her cousins had it, until one of them died (waited too long), then one of her sisters had to have a lumpectomy.

We've been down that 2--track road, and know how rough it is!

Breast cancer is NOT uncommon in males.

I could also recommend the Cancer Treatment Centers of America - assuming your insurance will send you to one of them.
Ours wouldn't send her out of state for the second go-round. frown

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sir, you have my prayers. Stay strong and be with God's Peace.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Prayers

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Prayers sent. Its a fight and ya have to be in it to win it, will it get bad yea,but if ya start with the right mind set ya can do it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PET scan detects if the cancer mover to another area. The test is easy, the put radioactive tagged sugar in your arm and see where it goes. Cancer is hungry, so the radiation tag will show if there are other tumors.

Try to eat good food to keep up your nutrition. The radiation knocked the pss out of me. I had a throat cancer, but the 30 days of radiation get tough after day 15. You will sleep lot, and the radiation is like a bad bruise and sunburn. Doesn't hurt that much. I think the worst part was worry, and not being able to do anything physical. At the end I had a hard time lifting a gallon of milk.
Takes about a year to get close to normal.
Not knowing the experience was probably the toughest part. I lost about 40 pounds because I could not swallow, and no appetite. I had to drink ensure for nutrients, and they aint too bad. I had a 30% chance of survival, so being stubborn helps.

You don't feel the radiation much. My neck would spasm a little, but no real sensation. In my hospital all cancer patients go to a physiologist because cancer patients do the suicide thing often, that kinda shocked me.

Waiting room for radiation is kinda wild because you see some serious suffering, some don't make it. That is tough to see. Women were a lot tougher than the men. Most women had breast cancer, and they were psychologically tougher.

Best wishes, kick a$$.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lamentations 3:22-23 New International Version (NIV)

22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

Wake up every day with this verse.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hang tough, you can beat this.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Prayers from Maine. Stay strong!

The way life should be.
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Thanks guys!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
My Dads brother had breast cancer.

They found it after his stent in the med.corp.

He lived to be 82 years old.

Hope they get it all.

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Finally got a "good " phone call....surgeon just called and wants to see me tomorrow...PET scan yesterday
results showed no other spots other than the original breast cancer. Told him he could cut today if he wanted to but he is doing surgery on others today. So thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts....seems like they worked. God is good!
Now keep in mind it could happen to you.....or others in your family ....don't say to yourself like I did: it will go away...maybe yes, maybe no.....

Thank you God.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wishing you All the Best. May your doctors have the skills, may you have the resolve, and may the many prayers for you be answered! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by fgold767
Finally got a "good " phone call....surgeon just called and wants to see me tomorrow...PET scan yesterday
results showed no other spots other than the original breast cancer. Told him he could cut today if he wanted to but he is doing surgery on others today. So thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts....seems like they worked. God is good!
Now keep in mind it could happen to you.....or others in your family ....don't say to yourself like I did: it will go away...maybe yes, maybe no.....

Thank you God.

I missed the initial post, sir, but am delighted to hear of the outcome! Yes, God is Good! Amen!!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Glad to hear it's still localized. Still going to pray here.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
update; met with surgeon this afternoon and he scheduled surgery for two weeks from tomorrow for complete mastectomy....figures to go get all of it and lymph nodes as well.
Still waiting for last hormone test to determine if and how much chemo I will need. Not much hopefully. His comment was that all would be well and healed in four weeks. We shall see!
Thanks for thoughts and prayers/

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 1936M71, 69 invisible), 3,246 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,588
Posts18,454,274
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.