#14106495 09/06/19
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Posted to sig's web page

[Linked Image]

Looks good.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've been teetering back and forth on the fence about the 365 since they first came out. One day I got to have one, the next not so sure. I went and looked at both the 365 and the 365 XL today as a matter of fact. I think I really like the look of the 365 SAS. I will have to see and check the new sights out first, but like what the video showed.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Video talked of "most intuitive" sighting. My first impression differed.

Saturated market. New and different sells.

Wonder if SIG weighed the risk of guys like me waiting to see "what's next" before buying. Will say them boys been busy...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by johnw
Video talked of "most intuitive" sighting. My first impression differed.

Saturated market. New and different sells.

Wonder if SIG weighed the risk of guys like me waiting to see "what's next" before buying. Will say them boys been busy...

Sig seems to be always working on what is around the next corner. I would love to be able to check out that new 365 SAS pistol. Maybe in about a year around here.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It appears to me that it’s only got one sight. A big rear dot sight on the back of the slide.

While it may be designed for a snag free draw and “up close and personal” defense work, that type of sight would surely suck for plinking and target practice.

Kind of like the Colt Officer’s Model 1911 Colt marketed back in the early 90’s with no sights for self defense with no sights.

Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE my Sig P 365.
But I for one will stick with traditional sights on a handgun I’m betting my life on.

I might need to take out an unsuspecting active shooter in a mall with a head shot at 15 yards. 😜

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/07/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It seems to me properly shaped front sights are not a big snagging issue.
The XL with a safety might get my attention.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
It seems to me properly shaped front sights are not a big snagging issue.

Agreed.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
So it looks like a forward dot and a rear circle that are to be aligned for a 6-oclock hold, and the entire sight is part of the optics plate.

I'd like to handle/shoot one and see what that's all about.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
So it looks like a forward dot and a rear circle that are to be aligned for a 6-oclock hold, and the entire sight is part of the optics plate.

I'd like to handle/shoot one and see what that's all about.

Maybe I just looked at it wrong.

My LGS had a new NRA version with green cerecoat finish and frame in stock the other day. It came with 1 extra mag.
It was $50 more than the standard version.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
whoa, first view looks like the Sigma series SW9mm from the late nineties except that was a blowback model. re-hash of the sight channel concept but dots -- an improvement, maybe

but porting/compensators on a carry gun are a no go.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Etoh

Never gave it any thought, and don't own anything ported, but why is that?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
The shooting situation is unknown. It may not allow for the gun to be held in an ideal grip directly in front of you like the shooting range.. If thats the case the blast will part your eyebrows at the very least, if held around waist level.
Also the muzzle flash in the dark is bad enough from normal configuration, adding ports or a compensator is really bright.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Etoh,
I understand the argument regarding porting--having owned a number of ported/compensated handguns the potential "searing" effect of the blast and the degrading of your night vision is a real issue----however when one considers that the 365 is a line-of-last-defense type handgun designed for either pocket carry or (generally) deep concealment--it's comparable in purpose to a J-frame revolver. The above searing and light with a standard 9mm from the ports would be negligibly different (if different at all) than the flash-gap blast from a .38 +P in say a S&W 642. Plus, at bad-breath distances, if you have to use the gun, searing and night-blindness would be the least of your problems. JMO-YMMV.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Across the board yes. But small autos have virtually replaced the snubs as carry, in the case were folks practice with the gun they carry. I am sure they are out there but most folks that carry snubs rarely practice, let alone any kind of training program. The auto carriers tend to be more "devoted" in practicing shooting from different positions etc. Both the revolver and Sig would be a toss up in bad breath distance. Both leave a lot to be desired as the distance and circumstances in surrounding change. Having used channel sites in the S&W and several customs from that era, I'd take Sig Nite sights any day, which I do on current carry 320 357 sig. (now thats muzzle flash)

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
whoa, first view looks like the Sigma series SW9mm from the late nineties except that was a blowback model. re-hash of the sight channel concept but dots -- an improvement, maybe

'Re-hash of the site channel' is a poor characterization. The sight is a Meprolight FT Bullseye that is more akin to a reflex sight.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by JOG

'Re-hash of the site channel' is a poor characterization. The sight is a Meprolight FT Bullseye that is more akin to a reflex sight.

Hey--- I hope it works for ya.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
ported barrel... no thanks

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you see the green you are aligned. If there is no green. where are you?
With irons you can see both front and rear and the way to alignment is clear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,612
Posts18,454,920
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.