Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the gov't has had much success over the years fighting the drug wars.

now that they seem to be winding down, the gun wars raises it's dirty little head.

we know all about the dirty little southeast asians wars of a past generation of youth.

now, with some 300 million? guns and related in the country, how best to manage the supply?

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It was a guy that made some ar-15's from 80 %lowers and parts kits.

Have not heard another word after the raid.

You can make your own rifle with an 80% upper without a number but if you sell it it has to have a number.

It can be anything that you can come up with but i would not make it w-1200.

Last edited by plainsman456; 09/07/19.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Been talk of regulating the 80% lowers for a few years now by certain people/groups. They see them as another "loophole" that needs to be closed.

Geno

I think the new definition of "loophole" is any principle or any means used by a citizen to exercise his God-given rights.

That's been the definition for tyrants since the beginning of time.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
W-1200?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
W-1200?

I was wondering the same thing ???

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The 21st. Amendment codifies the right of American citizens to manufacture, sell and consume alcoholic beverages. It reversed the 18th. Amendment that made all those acts illegal and instantly turned untold thousands of Americans into criminals. It also made international bootleggers like Joe Kennedy filthy rich, and all of us know what his kids and their offspring have done to destroy America!

Now that making, selling, and consuming booze is legal, what kind of "background check" should I have to submit to in order to invite my next door neighbor over this afternoon for some BBQ and beer, and what sort of background check should he/she submit to before accepting my invitation? Far more people get killed by drunk drivers than all the deaths mass shooters have accounted for in the past, or will in the future!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
W-1200?

The 1200's one you've made.

It would indicate you made a large volume, consistent with being in the manufacturing business.

W-3 would indicate you only occasional make your own lowers.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
W-1200?

The 1200's one you've made.

It would indicate you made a large volume, consistent with being in the manufacturing business.

W-3 would indicate you only occasional make your own lowers.

Thanks!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It might seem that one has built 1200 of those evil things.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I figured numbering them WM1-WM1200 would be bad....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You build an AR-- you are an illegal manfacturer-- simple-- to the commies!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by plainsman456
It was a guy that made some ar-15's from 80 %uppers and parts kits.

You can make your own rifle with an 80% upper without a number but if you sell it it has to have a number.

Why would anyone need an “80%” upper? I don’t even know what that would mean considering the modular and interchangeability of the upper. Anyone can manufacture or assemble uppers to sell without being considered as doing business in the manufacturing or sales of firearms. 👍

An 80% lower is a different animal and the only part of the weapon that’s considered the weapon.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by plainsman456
It was a guy that made some ar-15's from 80 %uppers and parts kits.

Why would anyone need an “80%” upper? I don’t even know what that would mean considering the modular and interchangeability of the upper. Anyone can manufacture or assemble uppers to sell without being considered as doing business in the manufacturing or sales of firearms. 👍

An 80% lower is a different animal and the only part of the weapon that’s considered the weapon.

I think he meant to say lower.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been talk of regulating the 80% lowers for a few years now by certain people/groups. They see them as another "loophole" that needs to be closed.

Geno
Fuggin' A! Bring on the 79% lowers! laugh

The progressives just keep getting crazier & crazier!

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Geno
Fuggin' A! Bring on the 79% lowers! laugh

The progressives just keep getting crazier & crazier!

How about a 78 % lower. 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There’s more than a little irony in the quote below from the article......

“If the gun dealer did in fact know that Ator was barred from buying guns, he could be charged with a federal crime.”

I think the government has the market cornered when it comes to hypocrisy. Fast and Furious comes to mind as does BP agent Brian Terry. Why hasn’t ANYONE been prosecuted for that pathetic display of incompetent and dangerous law enforcement tactics?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There’s more than a little irony in the quote below from the article......

“If the gun dealer did in fact know that Ator was barred from buying guns, he could be charged with a federal crime.”

I think the government has the market cornered when it comes to hypocrisy. Fast and Furious comes to mind as does BP agent Brian Terry. Why hasn’t ANYONE been prosecuted for that pathetic display of incompetent and dangerous law enforcement tactics?

Seems there are a BUNCH of pot growers/sellers in many states that could/should be charged too. Funny [bleep]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The name of the game is ban firearms anyway they can. They are going to try and ban private firearm transactions without going through a background check which will essentially make anyone a criminal that sells a firearm without doing it. It's firearm registration. They got away with the GCA . They've been incrementally going in that direction for a long time and it's only a matter of time. With the RINOs we have now and the liberals in congress anything can happen.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Changed it now feel better.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It is perfectly legal to manufacture a firearm for personal use.

It is perfectly legal to sell that firearm at a later date.

What is not legal is to manufacture a firearm without a license with the “Intent” to sell it from the get go.
The seller is under investigation. If they find evidence that he manufactured with the “Intent” to sell, he’s f*cked.

It is not legal to sell a firearm to anyone you have knowledge is a prohibited person.
If the seller knew the shooter was a prohibited person and sold him a firearm anyway, he’s f*cked

It all boils down to “Intent” and what the seller knew about the buyer.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,690 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.