Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Been poking around on U-Tube about the F-35. It seems that the Israelis have been using them to hit stuff in Syria which are manned by Iranians.... The Iranians are not happy. Even found a report of how three F-35's flew over Tehran and got away with it.... Some reports claim the fighter can spoof or jam enemy radars and they don't even know they are being spoofed/jammed.... Sounds great to me. Hope it's all true. E

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Some of the chips in these aircraft where made in China. The can be canceled out at any time. Thanks Obama.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I get into some Tit-for Tat with Russians on another forum when I mention US designed planes flown by Israelis get past air defenses sold by the Russians. They claim the Syrians don't have the latest greatest etc...In their defense they likely don't have trained Russians manning them either BUT to my thinking it has been happening since...heck when the Israeli F-16s blew up the Iraqi reactor in 1981. Then there was that North Korean designed reactor in Syria they claimed was a garbage dump - if I recall.

All of this is really hurting Russian pride but more importantly their ability to sell products.

In a related topic check out the new cruise missile stuff from the US adding more woes to the Russians and their friends.

San Niocolas

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kenjs1

All of this is really hurting Russian pride but more importantly their ability to sell products.

And that right there is worth more to you than all the coin you have ever given Israel.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I get into some Tit-for Tat with Russians on another forum when I mention US designed planes flown by Israelis get past air defenses sold by the Russians. They claim the Syrians don't have the latest greatest etc...In their defense they likely don't have trained Russians manning them either BUT to my thinking it has been happening since...heck when the Israeli F-16s blew up the Iraqi reactor in 1981. Then there was that North Korean designed reactor in Syria they claimed was a garbage dump - if I recall.

In a related topic check out the new cruise missile stuff from the US adding more woes to the Russians and their friends.

San Niocolas

Remember when an F111from a base in England put a bomb in Gaddafi's tent? They flew around France to keep the frogs quiet and then snuck up on Russia's best radar.

By the way, the distance flown from the UK, around, instead of over France, to Tripoli is almost exactly the same as the distance from the UK to Moscow.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
Some of the chips in these aircraft where made in China. The can be canceled out at any time. Thanks Obama.

All foreign parts require a waiver.

I've not seen any mention of actual "computer chips" being made there, although I have heard about some empty printed circuit boards, which are basically thin rectangles of fiberglass and metal with no components installed.

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/01/03/us-put-china-made-parts-in-f-35-fighter-program.html

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by steve4102

Just a little less technology they can sell to the Chinese.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

And that right there is worth more to you than all the coin you have ever given Israel.

My point was it is more winning- did you read the link I included?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I was listening to a radio program a month ago. The talk show host said the Honorable Mr. Banjamin Netanyahu claimed their pilots sent the F35 into Iranian territory 3 times last year without being detected. He was glowing like the sun.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It's a constant tit-for-tat to stay ahead of Russian and Chinese military technology. We're much better at developing state of the art stuff than they are, but the biggest challenge is keeping them from stealing it. Cybersecurity is a huge issue, as soon as we develop tech the russians and chinese are stealing it and using it for their purposes. Take for example the Chinese Xian Y20 which is almost a copy of the U.S. C17 cargo plane. They stole almost all the blueprints for it and built their own. That's going on all across the defense industry so what works against Russian and Chinese built air defense systems today might not work in six months, until we improve our own stuff and the cycle begins again.

Chinese Y20 aircraft

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JSTUART

When they pull chit like this & the U.S. can sit back play all innocent & chit is worth a lot of coin IMO. Not to mention the risk free R&D.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ihookem
I was listening to a radio program a month ago. The talk show host said the Honorable Mr. Banjamin Netanyahu claimed their pilots sent the F35 into Iranian territory 3 times last year without being detected. He was glowing like the sun.

It'd be a real hoot if they really didn't, but are saying they did to mind fugg the Iranians. Wonder how many radar operators have been shot for failing to detect Israelis?

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ihookem

And why would he be bragging about it unless he has something better up his sleeve?

Untraceable munitions and you have a free ticket to do whatever you want. Deal with it when/if you get caught. What is the worse that is going happen? Vow to wipe you off the planet?

Arcus Venator
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
At this point I'm wondering if the Israelis are our allies and if Putin is our enemy.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Met a couple of Chinese nationals at my kids swimming lessons in Idaho Falls. They were nuclear engineers out at the INL. Seems odd that we allow them to work in our nuclear labs. Both said they plan to move back to china after they "get some experience."

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 09/08/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Met a couple of Chinese nationals at my kids swimming lessons in Idaho Falls. They were nuclear engineers out at the INL. Seems odd that we allow them to work in our nuclear labs. Both said they plan to move back to china after they "get some experience."

Bb

this has been going on in the colleges for a long time. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It's a constant tit-for-tat to stay ahead of Russian and Chinese military technology. We're much better at developing state of the art stuff than they are, but the biggest challenge is keeping them from stealing it. Cybersecurity is a huge issue, as soon as we develop tech the russians and chinese are stealing it and using it for their purposes. Take for example the Chinese Xian Y20 which is almost a copy of the U.S. C17 cargo plane. They stole almost all the blueprints for it and built their own. That's going on all across the defense industry so what works against Russian and Chinese built air defense systems today might not work in six months, until we improve our own stuff and the cycle begins again.

Chinese Y20 aircraft

Steeling is one thing, selling is something quite different, especially when the sellers are the President of the United States and his wife a former Secretary of State.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Y20 is apparently not all that stealthy. The Indians just canceled their order for the new Russian SU 57 stealth fighter after their SU 31’s had an opportunity to run up on some Y20’s. Their SU 31’s could see and engage the Y20 so the Indians felt no need to spend huge amounts of money to counter the Y20. It is also a huge blow to the Russians losing the sales of the SU 57 both in prestige and defraying the development costs of the SU 57. The Chinese only stole some of the technology and are not very good at adapting what they’ve stolen. They still buy their engines from the Russians since they can’t figure it out for themselves.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
???

SU-31 vs Y-20 ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-31

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi'an_Y-20

Attached Images
su-31.jpg (15.56 KB, 106 downloads)
y-20.jpg (7.34 KB, 106 downloads)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 2003and2013, 65 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,224
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.