-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
We started a little early this year to accommodate a couple clients schedules and boy was it hot! It was pre rut/just starting the rut and a couple
brief yet much needed afternoon showers got these big rams up and moving. We saw a bunch of Aoudad and one that is on the hit list for next time.
Also why we were out hunting aoudad another client was successful on a solid scimitar bull oryx on one of our other properties.
Free range (no high fences) Aoudad in west Texas is an fun challenging hunt. Happy Hunting

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[img]https://i932.photobucket.com/a...d%20Hunts/IMG_1471_zpsgnpyrbng.jpg[/img]

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Cool. Almost missed this one. Thanks for sharing!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by mulie_mike
[Linked Image]

I reckon I'm not all that sophisticated. What is that? Cool animal.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That's a scimitar oryx. They are great eating and that's a very nice bull

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
That's a scimitar oryx. They are great eating and that's a very nice bull

Thank you, spot on

www.westtexashunt.com

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cool photos!

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Damn fine rams!!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Nice rams!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
We used to kill the crap outta those things on the lease I had north of Van Horn. They eat everything down to the ground and there ain't much there to begin with. They are fun to hunt. We had one huge one I put a female hunter onto one time. He was every bit of 35 inches around the curl. I got her to 35 yards, but she was 8 months pregnant and couldn't lean over the mountain edge very well and shot right over his back. I put her on a 31" ram the next day though and she whopped him outta his bed at 185 with her 300 Winny.

Nice rams Mike. I wish we still had that lease. I spent just as much time looking for big rams as I did big mule deer.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DubThomas
We used to kill the crap outta those things on the lease I had north of Van Horn. They eat everything down to the ground and there ain't much there to begin with. They are fun to hunt. We had one huge one I put a female hunter onto one time. He was every bit of 35 inches around the curl. I got her to 35 yards, but she was 8 months pregnant and couldn't lean over the mountain edge very well and shot right over his back. I put her on a 31" ram the next day though and she whopped him outta his bed at 185 with her 300 Winny.

Nice rams Mike. I wish we still had that lease. I spent just as much time looking for big rams as I did big mule deer.

Big Rams and Big Muley's is what keeps me going!

www.westtexashunt.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

Big Rams and Big Muley's is what keeps me going!

I hear ya! I got obsessed with those big rams. It got to the point I was spending more time looking for a big ram than I was a big muley. I sure do miss that lease!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
How good of a nose do Aoudads have? Will they spook if they wind a human?

Thanks

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
hanco,

They have excellent sense of smell. Their eyesight is typical of wild sheep, meaning its like 8X better than a humans. I hunted them like anything else in the west Texas mountains. I spent a lot of time behind the spotting scope and binocs and then made a plan for a stalk. If they can see you or smell you they won't hang around very long. And they can flat out cover some country when they decide to go.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
We started a little early this year to accommodate a couple clients schedules and boy was it hot! It was pre rut/just starting the rut and a couple
brief yet much needed afternoon showers got these big rams up and moving. We saw a bunch of Aoudad and one that is on the hit list for next time.
Also why we were out hunting aoudad another client was successful on a solid scimitar bull oryx on one of our other properties.
Free range (no high fences) Aoudad in west Texas is an fun challenging hunt. Happy Hunting

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[img]https://i932.photobucket.com/a...d%20Hunts/IMG_1471_zpsgnpyrbng.jpg[/img]

Wowzers

Sign me up

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
hanco,

They have excellent sense of smell. Their eyesight is typical of wild sheep, meaning its like 8X better than a humans. I hunted them like anything else in the west Texas mountains. I spent a lot of time behind the spotting scope and binocs and then made a plan for a stalk. If they can see you or smell you they won't hang around very long. And they can flat out cover some country when they decide to go.

We have quite a few on our lease. Last year a group of seven or eight came out, walking toward the feeder. Something spooked them, damn they came alive and were gone. I’ve killed several with a bow, guess I was lucky.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 64 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.