Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
how does one become poor as one searches for riches?

that is, rich people just know more than poor people, right?

or maybe they just work harder, and never give up? never say die?

or maybe they just inherited what their mom & dad made. sounds fair.

the year of jubilee? it was common back in the ancient hebrew days of old.

if one is rich based upon owning debt, then just what is debt, and how to buy it?

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They make better decisions.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gregintenn

there's much truth in that. thanks for the input.

they seem to better understand where we are on urth?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Just a guess, but I doubt if Gus will ever be rich. In financial terms of course. Many definitions of rich, pick yours, make the effort, never quit. This is America, dreams can come true, it can happen to you.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

there's much truth in that. thanks for the input.

they seem to better understand where we are on urth?

I’d say they leave emotion out of financial decisions.
Delaying pleasure and formulating and executing a long term financial plan seems to work well.

Last edited by gregintenn; 09/09/19.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Gus,

The three personality traits that predict success are:

Intelligence,
Conscientiousness,
Ability to handle stress.

Which leads to:

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/09/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol...it is awesome to be rich. I feel really sorry for those that think wealth makes someone "rich".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My father, in his mid eighties, lives in a house his grandfather built on land owned for six generations. He sees his sons, his grandsons, and his great granddaughters on a daily basis. He considers himself rich.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Salvation lies in knowing the secret at "uncle toms cabin," and "legend of wooley swamp." smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Lol...it is awesome to be rich. I feel really sorry for those that think wealth makes someone "rich".

Amen.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaglemaster
My father, in his mid eighties, lives in a house his grandfather built on land owned for six generations. He sees his sons, his grandsons, and his great granddaughters on a daily basis. He considers himself rich.

I would say he is too.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

is it better to become rich?

typically better to be born into wealth and privilege.

that way you have far less chance of mixing with those that could give you fleas and mange.

Originally Posted by Gus

that is, rich people just know more than poor people, right?

they definitely know more of the right people than poor folk do.

AND if born into great wealth, you get to know the right people from an early age.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good evening from Ontario good fried Gus, keepin' the boys on the 'fire from becoming bored I see.

To address your question, I've worked a fair bit to make enough to pay the bills. More successfully at some times than others.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by Beaglemaster

I would say he is too.

Me too.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It might be a welcome change to have something else to worry about.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm a first generation American. My mom came to this country from a concentration camp and they had a grant total of $.20 to their names when they arrived at Ellis Island. I'm considered wealthy now by most measures but my brother and sister are not. I worked hard, saved, spent wisely and made good investments. Still, it's pretty much a matter of luck that I have what I have and I remember that it can change tomorrow.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm a first generation American. My mom came to this country from a concentration camp and they had a grant total of $.20 to their names when they arrived at Ellis Island. I'm considered wealthy now by most measures but my brother and sister are not. I worked hard, saved, spent wisely and made good investments. Still, it's pretty much a matter of luck that I have what I have and I remember that it can change tomorrow.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Some make disasterous decisions , but have the money and connections to avoid personal responsibility
and just make their problems go away.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remsen

Worth posting twice!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I know many rich people and many poor people. There is a huge difference between them mentally. There are two types of rich and poor also. There are poor people who will never be even close to well off. These people almost always drink, smoke and gamble. They love tattoos, parties , bars hopping , new clothes, and spend a lot on vacations. Divorce is very common too. They are very big on hand outs every time they have a misfortune. They almost always vote democrat and have no interest in church or God. These are the ones who will be poor and so will their kids. They also have a mentality that they are that way cause they live on the other side of the tracks. The other poor are people who work their butts off , spend little on smoking , drinking , tattoos ETC. These are much more likely to be self employed, they are much more likely to be rural, hunt, fish and mind their own business. They are in bed by 9PM and up at sunrise. They are not poor , poor , but they have little money. They invest it in their businesses, stocks and real-estate. They are much more likely to go to church, give money to church, and spend some on hunting, fishing, trapping and camping ETC. This is me to a T. Now for the rich. There are the educated rich. They make a lot of money cause they can pass a test and spent money on education. They also, are very likely to spend a lot of their money, be in debt , have very nice cars and vacations, and much more likely to vote democrat. They are not interested in God or giving to the needy , although they think everyone else should. Then there are the rich that go that way from working their butts off. They are conservatives, likely Christians, most common daily driver is a half ton pickup. These are the millionaire next door. You would never know they were rich in any way but became that way from work and knew what the 8th wonder of the world was, and that is compound interest. Their parents also understood compound interest and taught their kids that too. I hope to be the latter some day but for now I am the poor / well off conservative type. I am slightly well off , but no one would fever know it. I wear my work boots till before there is a hole in the toe. I then take my old boots and cut the tongue out and contact cement it to shoe. I hang my clothes on the line, work on my car a lot, dont watch tv, I buy my clothes from Goodwill, ETC.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.