Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#14114396 09/09/19
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
How many of you jokers have .22s chambered for shorts only?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not anymore. But I got a serious hankering for one of those little discontinued Browning Autoloaders in .22 short only. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Guilty

And I get ribbed for it too.

I like the 41s

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nope. Just a 581 that'll shoot 'em.

Used to shoot a bunch of them back when they were $.59 a box and LRs about a buck.

Somebody gave me two old boxes of Remingtons (green and red box) years ago. Need to put them out on display someplace.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I want one of them NAA Minis in short deuce deuce.

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The model 24 took 5 spruce chickens this morning👍🏽

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Does a Hämmerli target pistol qualify?

I do have a Rem 581 that has a carbon ring in a Long Rifle chamber.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
M24 Remington, early one, too. The first half of the bore is pretty much non-existent, but it doesn't matter when you shoot coons at contact distance.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have a Win 74. Kinda heavy and clunky for what it is, but it shoots all day long with a full mag of shorts. Put CBs in it and she is pretty quiet too.

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have a win 1890 chambered for shorts only.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have this old thing. It's a great shooter with CCI target loads.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by tmitch; 09/10/19.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a High Standard Model C (semi-auto handgun) that's chambered for shorts.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Praise be unto the heavens, I am not alone! laugh

Don't know when things went weird in the world of gun makers, perhaps when the marketing "experts" got involved? Life for our generation, the younger life, was replete with shooting galleries at the fairs and amusement parks. I recall a lot of Winchester pump rifles at those venues and from time to time I actually won something! Can't imagine a better training vehicle for a youngster than a short shooter.

My brother passed a Rem 572 to me many moons ago that digested all .22 RF ammo and I got to say it whacked many pests with CB shorts. It was the only "I'll eat any ammo." repeater that I ever used that shot the shorts well. His son holds it these days but I imagine it is collecting dust for the most part. I tried a used Browning auto back in the '80s but it did not function properly and it went back to the seller soon after. Disappointed I was.

Anyway, some time passed and I got my Loony Diploma and purchased a Contender back in '98 with the specific intent of shooting squill with shorts. I could not have imagined where that would lead in time, but I've learned more about shooting/hunting with that gun than all the rest combined. I know you all have seen my target pictures so I won't bother posting those again. Paper, pigs, squill or other bothersome pests, there doesn't seem to be a problem it can't fix. It also gives the grandkids the giggles every time they visit. Production guns that fired the short ammo seem to have vanished around the time the 10/22 showed up. I recall there was a conversion available to make the 10/22 a short shooter, but why'n hell didn't they make a factory production model? Hey Bill, I'm talking to YOU!

Wake up Remington! Winchester! And all the rest of you dummies! The .22 short....first production metallic cartridge gun in America....our history and foundation. There ain't no better tool for young shooters and savvy small game hunters. And ya, they can be absurdly accurate when shot from a proper chamber.

Any of you ever try any of the European short match ammo?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Tmitch, help a retard out....what is that old classic you got there? Are you worthy?

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by killerv
I have a win 1890 chambered for shorts only.

I have one of those old classics, but it's a .22 WRF shooter. Still going strong a century later.

I am..........disturbed.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have a Hi-Standard "Flite King" w/4 1/2" barrel. Fun to shoot!

Had a Colt "Lightning" .22 pump. Until I found out what a Colt collector would pay for it....

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Hey Tmitch, help a retard out....what is that old classic you got there? Are you worthy?

It looks to be a Low Wall Winchester musket, but I might be wrong.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a NAA mini revolver in 22 short.

I bought it for a small backup.

This is the smallest one NAA makes

Have owned 'em in 22LR and 22 mag. but like this little one the best.

I've been known to pack it in a T shirt pocket. It's my "get the F*** off me" gun.

Virgil B.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
I've got a NAA mini revolver in 22 short.

I bought it for a small backup.

This is the smallest one NAA makes

Have owned 'em in 22LR and 22 mag. but like this little one the best.

I've been known to pack it in a T shirt pocket. It's my "get the F*** off me" gun.

Virgil B.

Had one of those for a while when they first came out

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

I'm not Tmitch, but I know a Low Wall Winder Musket when I see one! Sweet rifles! Envious here!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,135
Posts18,464,707
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.